• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 45,819 Views, 517 Comments

Bitterness - PLCTheCd



Twilight Sparkle show resentment towards her friends and family at the wedding.

  • ...
69
 517
 45,819

Soarin' To Regrets

Soarin’ to regrets

The Wonderbolt Soarin’ walks to Rainbow Dash and asks Rainbow Dash, “So can anypony tell me what’s been going on around here?”

“It's a long story,” Rainbow Dash said, staring down on the floor before she gathered enough courage to look up and asking back. “What are you doing here and where are the others?”

“I got plenty of time to hear and as for what I’m doing here and where the others are,” The male Pegasus said, “I was sent here from Cloudsdale first to see if the preparations are ready for the wedding reception before coming here.”

“Heh, as you can see, things are being delayed to say the least,” The rainbow maned mare chuckled nervously, “And as for what happened around here, I guess you already knew about the Changelings?”

“I’ve got some notion,” He simply replied, “But how did the Changelings got into Canterlot to begin with? I need to report this back to HQ so the others will know.”

Defeated, Rainbow Dash simply sighs before saying, “I think it’s because Princess Cadance was kidnapped by the Changeling Queen and started to masquerade as her.”

Soarin’ nearly did a double take as from what he just heard. “Come again? I thought Shining Armor got the city covered by the spell.”

“Yeah, I didn’t believe it either, including the others.” Rainbow Dash said with shame before continuing, “Well, all except Twilight Sparkle.”

“Oh, she’s Celestia’s student and that friend of yours?” Soarin’ innocently asked, “What about her?”

Rainbow Dash looked down again, nervous of what the Wonderbolt’s reaction will be when he hears from her. THe mare considers to lie or at the very least, give half-truths since she is the Element of Loyalty and not Honesty. But then again, she failed at her own element when she abandoned Twilight. Not wanting to keep Soarin’ waiting any longer, Dash swallowed air and saliva before blurting out in rapid succession.

“We didn’t believe her and she thinks we all hate her...”

“Wait what?” Soarin’ cried out in surprise and confusion, as he wings popped out of his back as if it gained sentience and became just as surprised and confused as its owner. The Wonderbolt manages to find his words before adding. “What could you have done that makes her think you all hate her?”

Rainbow Dash faces the bullets as she figures out that he and the others will find out eventually, she comes clean and continues. “We all thought she was being jealous and paranoid when she declared the imposter Cadance to be evil, and we all left her.”

“Well, that answers my question, and I don’t blame you for thinking that way.” The stallion said, nodding. “But is Twilight a type of pony to holds grudges?”

“No, in fact, it was the first time she starts to act like that. “Rainbow Dash answered before barely spitting out “Then again, none of us meant to leave her behind with the Changeling Queen and have Twilight left in the mines to die.”

Soarin’ closes his wings and tilted his head before giving a thinking look. Rainbow Dash at first is relieved that he did not explode in rage like Twilight, but on the other hoof, is also antsy and ponders what Soarin’ is thinking about. Will she be rejected out as a cadet? Or will he abandons her like she abandoned Twilight?

“You know, it takes courage to confess your mistakes.” Soarin’ finally said with a disappointed tone, “I don’t need to know anything further that while Twilight could and should have been more tactful, you also aren’t entirely innocent either.”

“Yeah, I know, I don’t need to know more how much all of us screwed up.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“But you did, and you’re afraid that others won’t live it down of what you and the others did, do you?”
Rainbow Dash looked up in shock as if the Wonderbolt read her mind as her eyes became wide as dinner plates.

“H-how did you?” The mare sputtered out but Soarin’ raised his hoof to halt.

“Because the same thing happened to me before I became a Wonderbolt.” He said clearly. “It all started back before I became a cadet for the Academy.”

“I’m all ears,” The mare said, “Did you acted like me and left somepony?”

“Not really,” Soarin’ said shaking his head, “But I was more like how Twilight reacted.”

Rainbow Dash sat her flank on the floor and stares at Soarin’ which the latter deduces the former is listening. He then begins his own tale.

“I like many other Pegasai ponies wanted to be a Wonderbolt and at my old school, I was actually one of the worst fliers out there.”

The mare feels surprised that one of the Wonderbolt stallion admitted that he used to be one of the worst students at school. Her expression got Soarin’s attention as he raises a brow in amusement as he said.

“Got you surprised huh? Well, I was bullied mercilessly for it, and the worst one out there was named Dust Bowl.”

Dash hated bullies as thoughts of Fluttershy when they were fillies brought bad memories. The thought of what they’ve done to her made her scowl in anger.

“Dust Bowl bullied me in all the ways that bullies do,” The Wonderbolt continued. “You name it, he did it to me, oh I had help and I did everything what the adults told me to do, including ignoring him and telling the others. But nothing works, in fact, Dust Bowl just bullied me worse than ever. It was until one day, that Dust Bowl did the worst thing to me of all.”

Rainbow Dash peered closer, not liking what Soarin’ is going to tell her as she feels her blood boiling. Soarin’ takes a deep breath before saying.

“There was an announcement on my school one day, that there’s going to be a race judged by the Wonderbolts with the winner gets to be a cadet. I wanted to prove Dust Bowl and the others wrong by training my plot off to become a winner.”

“So what happened?” Rainbow Dash finally said, “Did you win and beat that jerk Dust Bowl?”

“Sorta,” The Pegasus stallion replied, “I actually did proved the others wrong by being second place, nearly neck to neck with Dust Bowl. But it was until Dust Bowl caught me off guard by bucking me in the face, and knocking me out.”

“WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash shouted, nearly getting the attention of everypony else in the room before noticing what she did and settling herself down but still fuming. “That nerve of that guy, when I get my hooves on that jerk!”

Soarin’ then raises his hoof in order to stop her mid-rant as he said, “Don’t sweat it, when I woke up in the infirmary, I was told that I won and Dust Bowl got disqualified and got expelled from the school. My only regret was never seeing him getting kicked out like he so deserved.”

The Pegasus mare’s expression went from rage to satisfaction upon hearing what happened to Dust Bowl.

“Well, it serves that bully right,” She said with a triumphant smirk, “It’s also pretty dumb of him to think he can get away with that many witnesses.”

Soarin’ smirked in return before saying, “That and my own parents threatened to sue the school for letting Dust Bowl get away with what he did to me. But it wasn’t the last time I saw Dust Bowl.”

Dash’s smirk immediately dropped and was replaced by concern and confusion, “He didn’t seek revenge on you or anything did he?”

“Nope, it was years later after I became a cadet and was about to gradate is when I visited my old hometown and I saw Dust Bowl again.” Soarin’ said, “He walked up to me in the cider bar one day and wanted to apologize on what he did to me.”

“So, did you forgive him and became friends with Dust Bowl?”

“Are you kidding me?! Like Tartarus I did!” The blue stallion snorted, as if the mare had asked him an insane request. “If anything, his apology made me hate him more than ever! He never once felt sorry before and NOW he decided to feel sorry just because he got expelled? I told him that it was ‘too little, too late’ and I bucked him in the face in retaliation after he did to me years ago, and stormed out.”

Rainbow Dash gasped out loud upon hearing what Soarin’ told her. While what Dust Bowl did was bad, she never thought

Soarin’ would be so vengeful to not let go after apologizing. It was until she looked at the stallion’s face, he looks down on the floor like she did previously and with his ears drooped down. As if it shows that Soarin’ feels shame and remorse on what he did.

“It turns out days later I found out why he apologized,” Soarin’ sighed sadly, “I just got word from his friends that one of the main reasons why Dust Bowl apologized is because he’s dying of cancer and wanted to make amends with me before he dies.”

The blue mare’s jaw dropped in horror as she let out a gasp like a fish out of water before she stammers. “Y-y-you didn’t know, so how c-can you blame yourself for hitting Dust Bowl?”

“Didn’t I?” Soarin’ repeated, “I visited the hospital to see if he really was telling the truth that day and maybe I can give my own apology until the nurse told me that Dust Bowl passed away the day before I visited.”

Author's Note:

I am aware that people are impatient with this becoming a unintentional New Year's Even chapter and the recent comments have been acknowledged. With my father's health, my job, plus the pandemic, and my computer suddenly dying on me months ago. I let many people down. I actually did consider putting the story up for adoption, but I will give a post sometime soon.