• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,334 Views, 17 Comments

The Prince Returns - Shadowslash101



A story about a Tan Pegasus and the Mane Six saving Equestria from Everlasting Darkness.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,334

Friendship Begins

Chapter 2

Friendship begins

Sweet Apple Acres was much better than Helpful hoped. All he could see in the distance was hard-working-ponies applebucking trees to get the apples high up in there; they also had a big barn filled with animals. Some houses the ponies lived in were not hard to spot. In fact Helpful felt at home near Sweet Apple Acers. Could be from here? No. He’s not an Earth pony so he couldn’t be from here. As Helpful, Twilight, and Spike walk through the gate, another stallion pulling a huge wagon of apples passed by them. The stallion was red and his hair was blond, also his cutie mark was a green apple-half. “Hello sir.” Helpful stopped and greeted, but the big stallion continued to walk past him.

“Eeyep.” The stallion said. Helpful watches puzzled as the stallion walks away.

“Strange.” Helpful said to himself. “That must’ve been some formal greeting the townsfolk say. Weird.” Twilight stops and faces Helpful.

“Oh, that’s just Big Macintosh.” Twilight explained. “It’s how he mostly says ‘hi.’”

“Oh.” Helpful said looking like he understood, then he stares at her confused. “Huh?” Twilight rolls her eyes.

“Well, who do we have here?!” A voice shouted behind Helpful making him jump around to see another mare. She was light orange in color, her hair was blond and tied at the end by a hair tie, also the mare wore a brown hat, but besides that; what made her so interesting to Helpful was her cutie mark on her flank: three apples. Now he knows he’s seen something like that before, but where and when? “Oh it’s just you miss uh….”

“Applejack,” The mare answered with a proud smile. “And you are?”

“My name is Helpful; Helpful the Selfless.”

“So tell me what brings you to Sweet Apple Acers?” Before Helpful could answer, Twilight intervened

“He’s here from Celestia to help pick apples.” Twilight explained. Applejack looks at her odd.

“Howdy, Twilight. I didn’t see you there.” Her face lights up with a smile. “But you said he’s from the princess to help pick apples right?”

“Yes, indeed. Helpful is the most trusted servant of Celestia.”

“Yeehaw, that’s just terrific to hear, Helpful! We’re gonna need all the help we can get to harvest all these apples.”

“Okay, then.” Helpful laughed.

“I can take it from here Twilight. Come on Helpful.” Helpful follows Applejack. Twilight looks uneasy.

“But guys, I need to stay with Helpful at all times. That’s what my letter said!” Twilight shouted after them cross. Spike crossed his arms.

“Actually Twilight, that’s not what it said.” Spike protested; making Twilight shoot Spike a sharp look. “What?” She then rolled her eyes. Applejack and Helpful stop and look back at Twilight and Spike.

“Don’t worry, Twilight.” Applejack said. “Besides you can come back for Helpful when he’s done helping. Don’t you have something to do?” Spike remembered the statue of Rarity he was making.

“Oh, yeah, we totally do!” Spike pulls Twilight by tail. “Come on, Twilight!”

“Okay. Okay, Spike.” Twilight sighed. “We’ll be back sometime.” Applejack and Helpful wave good-bye, as they watch Twilight and Spike disappear back into the village in seconds; Helpful looks at Applejack questioningly.

“Do you really think they have something to do?” Helpful asked Applejack; who laughs.

“No.” Applejack answered. “They only think they have something to do. It takes them forever sometimes to figure out they didn’t have anything in the first place.”

“Oh right.” Then an old mare walks by then stops and stares at Helpful, she was light green in color, she also had white hair, her cutie mark was a pie, and her eyes were green. “Uh, I don’t mean to be rude, but what’s with her?” Helpful points at the old mare near them, whose look is pretty serious.

“Watch where you point that, Sonny Boy.” The old mare said to Helpful who looks pretty shocked on what the old mare said. “Just what are you two talking about?” The old mare walks up in front of them. She eyeballs Helpful real close, making him uncomfortable. “Applejack,”

“Yes’ Granny Smith?” Applejack asked.

“I have one very important question.”

“What is it?” Applejack asked uncomfortably. Silence sets in a few moments, as the old mare stares into Helpful’s eyes real hard.

“Just who is this handsome hunk of muscle?” The old mare shouted backing up and laughing. Helpful and Applejack sigh of relief. “Where’d you find him Applejack?” Granny Smith opens his mouth wide and sticks her head inside, muttering gibberish as she continues her examination. She then pulls on Helpful’s cheek outstretching it a foot and a few inches. As Granny Smith did this Applejack explains. “Granny Smith, this is Helpful. He was sent here from the princess to help pick apples.” She notices what Granny Smith is doing. “Uh, are you with me?” Granny Smith lets go of Helpful’s cheek, which snaps back into place. He rubs it in pain.

“Is that so?” Granny Smith looks at Helpful with a smile. “Well, its mighty kind of ya to help around the farm.” Granny Smith holds up Helpful’s right arm. “Especially with such big arms,” She drops his arm. “I reckon you can pull eight wagons at a time.” Applejack looks surprised.

“Now, Granny Smith, isn’t, you think, that a little too much for him?” Applejack reasoned, but Granny Smith walks away.

“Nonsense, I know what I’m talking about.” Granny Smith answers. As Granny Smith slowly walks away, Applejack rolls her eyes and Helpful rubs his cheek. “Sorry about Granny Smith back there. She can be quite the handful sometimes.” Helpful smiled.

“It’s okay, Applejack.” Helpful assured. “I’m used to it.” Helpful pauses in thought. “I think.” Applejack and Helpful soon enter the barn. It was empty. Not what Helpful expected, though there were some wagons in the center and on the walls there were some strange looking… Helpful didn’t know what to call them, some were brown and others were black. They all looked pretty important though. “What are these?” Helpful points at the strange items hanging on the wall beside him; Applejack looks at Helpful oddly.

“Don’t you know a harness when you see one?” Applejack asked. Helpful looks down on the ground sadly and sighs. That made Applejack a little more curious. “What’s the matter?”

“I have amnesia that’s what’s wrong,” Helpful sniffed. “And the worst part is I lost my cutie mark.” Applejack notices his blank flank and looks surprised.

“Oh. I see,” Applejack smiles big. “Don’t worry Helpful. It’ll come back.” Helpful looked up to Applejack.

“You mean it?”

“Sure I do. Now what will you do to help?” Applejack looks around the barn looking for something; Helpful looks at the harnesses on the wall then lights up in a smile.

“I have an idea.” The next moment Helpful is outside pulling an empty wagon beside Applejack. The wagon was large like Big Macintosh’s, but it wasn’t as heavy as Helpful thought. They walk through the apple trees of the farm. “Okay. Well what am I supposed to do? I mean what’s my motivation?” Applejack stops and laughs.

“You humor me Helpful. You really do.” Applejack said. “No motivation. Just the common ‘get under trees and wait for the apples to fill in the wagon’.” Applejack walks over to the tree that Helpful’s wagon was under and kicks it. Apples fall from the tree and fill somewhat into the wagon. “Alright’ Helpful take those apples to the next tree. I’ll be with you in a little bit.” Helpful smiled.

“Okay. I’ll be waiting.” Helpful pulls the wagon and goes toward to the next tree Applejack pointed to. As he walks something heavy falls into the wagon and makes it even heavier to pull. He stops and looks in the wagon to find three fillies inside; they were all covered in apple-mush. One of them was a redhead Earth pony with a big bow on top of her head; her eyes were green. Another had a violet mane; she was an orange Pegasus. The last was a white unicorn with white and dark gray hair. What made them the same was they had no cutie marks. They groan in pain; which made it obvious they didn’t plan to fall into his wagon in the first place. The redhead opens her eyes. “Ow. Scootaloo’ I think that didn’t work.” The redhead winces in pain as she gets up. The Pegasus filly opens her eyes.

“Yeah, I don’t think skydiving is our talent.” The Pegasus filly said. “That’s just too obvious.” The white unicorn gets up, and notices all the apple-mush on her.

“Oh-no, if Rarity sees me like this she’ll flip.” The filly said trying to wipe the mush off.

“Don’t worry Sweetie Bell. We’ll get it off. Don’t worry.” The redhead assured the young unicorn.

“Yeah, like we always do.” The young Pegasus said.

“Okay.” Helpful said looking quite curious. “What are you all doing?” The fillies look at him like they just now noticed, and smile.

“Howdy there partner.” The redhead greeted first. “We’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders on a quest to find our cutie marks.”

“In a way we are.” The Pegasus filly added.

“I’m Sweetie Bell.” The white unicorn replied. “This is Applebloom,” Sweetie Bell points to the redhead. “And this is Scootaloo.” She pointed to the Pegasus filly.

“Okay, Cutie Mark Crusaders.” Helpful smiled then looks up trying to find where they fell from. “How did you all get in here?” The fillies smile and laugh uncomfortably.

“We were Skydiving.” Scootaloo answered finally. They all smile real big like they did something bad and they’re trying to get out of it by being innocent. Of course Helpful doesn’t know what Skydiving is so there wouldn’t be any need for that. Then Applebloom spots something in the distance.

“It’s my Big Sis!” Applebloom gasped. “Hide!” All the fillies bury themselves in apples till all Helpful could see was their tails sticking out.

“I hope Applejack doesn’t get mad because we accidentally used her kite for a parachute.” Scootaloo said muffled by the apples. Now Helpful’s even more confused. Kite, parachute, Skydiving? Just what are they doing? Applejack walks up to Helpful. “Sorry it took me so long Helpful.” Applejack explained to him, she notices that he’s climbed up on the wagon’s edge. “Just what are you doing?” As she looks up toward Helpful she spots something in the trees. “Is that my kite?!” Helpful looks up where Applejack is staring at and as he climbs down he spots a red kite in the tree. It was severed in to pieces and stuck in the branches. There were many strings attached at its edges. “Uh…” Helpful said. Applejack looks real curious.

“Now who would destroy my kite?” Applejack wondered. “I know you wouldn’t do it Helpful, we just met, and I don’t have any enemies.” Helpful looked at Applejack curious.

“What are enemies?” Applejack smiles at him.

“Yeah, you know, enemies: the ponies who are against you. Your amnesia has taken more than your cutie mark huh?” Then Applebloom pops her head out from the wagon, looking quite excited.

“You don’t have a cutie mark!?” Applebloom shouted than Sweetie Bell pulls her back down.

“Sh!” Sweetie Bell silenced her.

“Sorry.” Applebloom whispered. Applejack smiles at Helpful who looks back puzzled.

“What?” Helpful asked. Applejack rolls her eyes.

“Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo, what are you fillies doing now and why are you in Helpful’s wagon?” Applejack asked. The three fillies climb out of the wagon and stand in front of Applejack and Helpful; each one looking down at the ground ashamed. Helpful is terribly confused now.

“What’s wrong?” Helpful asked concerned. The fillies look at each other uneasy.

“Okay.” Applebloom replied sadly. “We were Skydiving.” Applejack looks shocked.

“You were Skydiving!” Applejack exclaimed in shock. “Why were you Skydiving?”

“We were only trying to find our cutie marks.” Scootaloo explained. “We used your kite as a parachute’ Applejack. It worked for a second… but then it broke and we fell in Helpful’s wagon. We’re sorry, Applejack.”

“Yeah, we’re really sorry.” Sweetie Bell agreed.

“Sorry.” Applebloom also agreed.

“You three and your cutie mark obsessions.” Applejack scolded. “What if Big Macintosh saw you, Applebloom?”

“He would get on to me.”

“You’re darn right he would.” Helpful gets in-between Applejack and the fillies.

“Don’t you think your being a little too harsh, Applejack?” Helpful said. “They were only trying to find their cutie marks. You know I have amnesia and my cutie mark’s gone, and they’re working harder than me to find theirs. So please don’t tell Big Macintosh.” Helpful smiled real big like a little foal, the three fillies do the same. Applejack smiled.

“Okay. I won’t.” The fillies smiled real excited and hug Helpful.

“Thank you, Helpful!” They all shout. Helpful looks surprised, but then he smiles. The fillies let go off their hug and run off.

“Wow!” Applejack said surprised. “I didn’t know you had such a way with kids.” Helpful looks puzzled.

“I do?”

“Yeah, I reckon all the kids you meet look up to you.”

“Uh… I guess, but I don’t think I have a way with kids.”

“Nonsense, the way you stood up for them was something else and kind of weird.”

“Okay. Well let’s get these apples done.”

“Oh right. Good call.” Applejack kicks the tree above the wagon, and apples fill it up. Helpful pulls the wagon along the path and on his way he spotted Big Macintosh trying to pull seven wagons, each one was as big as the wagon Helpful was pulling, he also notices the big guy had a hard time pulling the wagons. Helpful pulls his wagon toward the end of Big Macintosh’s wagon line, and then walks over to him. “Can I try?” Helpful asks him. Big Macintosh, as tired as he is because he’s been pulling those wagons with no luck, lets Helpful try. Helpful hooks on to the wagons. “Thank you.” And he pulls them all with ease and walks away, and Big Macintosh stares in surprise and drops his jaw with a clang as Helpful walks off pulling eight wagons with him. As Helpful continues toward the barn to unload, everypony watches in awe as Helpful outdoes Macintosh. Applejack notices everypony staring at something in the middle of the field, so she checks it out. She walks right next to Granny Smith, who stares at whatever they were all gawking at. “What in tarnation is everypony staring at?” Granny Smith points to Helpful pulling eight wagons into the barn. Applejack’s expression turns to surprise.

“I told you that he could pull eight wagons at a time, now look at him.” Granny Smith said; rubbing it in. “Already pulling nine times Big Mac’s weight, and just what ya have to say for yourself?” Applejack thinks.

“Uh… I guess I stand corrected.” Applejack answered. “I’ll see if he needs help.” Applejack leaves Granny Smith and walks over to Helpful, who still pulls on the wagons. “Whoa’ Helpful! I didn’t know you could do that!” Helpful turns his attention to Applejack and smiled.

“I didn’t either.” Helpful explains. “All I did was take the wagons Big Macintosh was pulling with mine and take em over to the barn.” Helpful approaches the barn and Applejack opens the door.

“I knew you’d need help sooner or later, because you’re new and all, just not like this.” Applejack and Helpful laugh as Helpful puts the wagons inside; once he got out Applejack hoofclopped him. “Ho-wee, Helpful, I’ve never seen somepony work so hard and yet so fast! You even cleared the north field for next harvest before lunch.” Applejack points toward the field in front of them just a few yards away. “You’re my new best friend.” That word “friend” sounded familiar to Helpful; even though he couldn’t remember where he heard such a word, but it sounded important; like a job maybe. He stared out into the sky hard in thought. “Friend?” Helpful thought out loud; grabbing Applejack’s attention, but, before she could say anything, Granny Smith and Applebloom approach them. Applebloom balances several pies on her back and head; they stop in the middle of the pasture. “Who wants some Apple Pie?!” Applebloom shouted.

“I know I do!” A pony shouted.

I do!” Another one said.

“Come on, Helpful.” Applejack told Helpful as she runs down toward Granny Smith and Applebloom. “You better get some before they eat it all.” Helpful runs after her.
“I’m coming!” Helpful shouted in panic. Once he got there all the ponies were all in line getting a piece of pie from Applebloom once it was his turn the pie was gone.

“What?” Helpful said sadly.

“Sorry, Helpful, that’s all the pie.” Applebloom apologizes; Helpful looks uneasy.

“B-but… Oh well.”

“You’ll just have to come back next time.” Applebloom tried to cheer him up, but then Granny Smith intervened between Applebloom and Helpful.

“Hold on there. I have something for you, Helpful.” Granny Smith pulls out a fresh pie out of Applebloom’s ear.

Whoa!” Helpful exclaimed in amazement.

“I made this just for you, Helpful; nopony else just you.” Granny Smith gives the pie to Helpful. “Whoa. I don’t know what to say.” Granny Smith pulls out a piece of Helpful’s pie and stuffs it into his mouth.

“Well then eat up, Pretty boy.” Everypony laughs except Helpful. Later, after lunch and help with more work, Helpful and Applejack stand at the gate waiting for Twilight and spike to get Helpful to the next location he needs to go. Helpful sits down bored. “Is she always late like this?” Applejack leaned on the fence.

“Actually this is a first for me.” Applejack answered. “Twilight hasn’t ever been late like this before.” Applejack spotted something in the distance. “Oh, wait, hold on.” Helpful got up and tried to spot what Applejack was trying to so hard to make out in the distance.

“What? What is it?” Helpful asked. “What do you see?”

“I think its Twilight, but I can’t tell.” Helpful leaned toward Applejack a little too far and then fell on his side.

“Ouch!” Applejack then spotted Twilight and Spike, who rides on her back, not too far away now.

“Yep, it’s them alright.” Helpful gets up.

“Is it Twilight and Spike?”

“Yep, it’s them alright.”

“Great.” Twilight and Spike approached Helpful and Applejack.

“Hello, Helpful, Applejack.” Twilight greeted. “How did it go; the helping picking apples and everything?”

“It went great.” Applejack answered. “We cleared the entire north field before lunch.” Spike and Twilight look amazed.

“Wow! Sounds like you didn’t have any problems, Helpful.”

“Nope, I didn’t.” Helpful answered. Applejack laughed.

“Helpful pulled nine times Big Macintosh’s weight in apples. Nopony; and I mean nopony, can beat that record.” Applejack pats Helpful on the back. “Isn’t that right, Helpful?”

“Yep, I agree”

“I gotta say that’s pretty impressive.” Twilight said. “I didn’t expect you to do that since you’re from Celestia and all.”

“Celestia knows well on whom she picks, that’s what I know, and she picked pretty wisely. He’s got a lot of tricks up his sleeves and he just doesn’t know it.” Helpful searched his arms.

“I don’t have sleeves, Applejack.” Helpful protested. Twilight, Spike, and Applejack laugh; Helpful looks pretty puzzled. “What?”

“It’s nothing, Helpful. Come on. Let’s go to where you’re supposed to go next.” Twilight turns around and starts to leave Helpful follows, but Applejack stops them.

“Wait! Just one more thing before you leave.” Applejack pulls out a bag and gives it to Helpful it had two packs on both sides for even weight and it was yellow; he puts it on his back.

“What’s this for?” Helpful asked.

“It’s a gift from the Apple Family, hope you like it, it has all you need from all of us. Consider yourself part of the family.” Helpful smiled so big, that it almost shone in the sunlight.

“Oh cool. I’m part of the Apple Family.”

“Yep, when we need your help; we’ll call for you. So you don’t have to be here twenty-four seven, okay?” Applejack chuckled.

“Okay.” Spike looks pretty impatient.

“Are we done yet?” Spike asked harshly. “We’ve got things to do.”

“Okay, Spike. Good bye, Applejack, see ya later.” Helpful follows Twilight walking away from Applejack; who waved good bye.

“Good-bye, Helpful; come back soon!” Soon Applejack was out of sight and the fence for Sweet Apple Acers was far behind Helpful; they were now walking on a dirt road that was right at the edge of the dark forest Helpful spotted earlier; Twilight stops. “I almost forgot.” Twilight turned around. “Where do we go next?” Helpful pulls out the list to read, but then a strong wind blows through and swipes the list from Helpful.

“Whoa!” Helpful exclaimed in surprise. The list flies into the dense forest, and Twilight gasps.

“Quick; get that list!” Twilight ordered. Helpful, Spike, and Twilight chase the list into the forest. The list flew past all the trees and branches, no problem, but, Helpful, he had a few problems getting through the brush and branches, unlike Twilight. She runs up to the list with Spike on her back. “Spike, grab it now!” Twilight said. Spike reaches for the list just barely touching its edge then the wind blew harder and the list flies away faster, but Twilight grabs it with her magic. “I got it!” Twilight shouted then Spike points out in front of her.

“Look out!” Spike warned. Twilight looks in front of her and crashes into a tree. The wind picks up the list again even faster. Helpful chases the list past Twilight as fast as possible. Spike gets up and spots Helpful running towards a cliff! “Helpful! Wait!” Spike warned, but Helpful didn’t hear him, he kept running toward the cliff only trying to get the list that was flying away from him towards the cliff. Spike started to panic; he shook Twilight trying to wake her up. “Twilight; get up!”

“Five more minutes Spike.” Twilight groaned and slept some more.

“Oh-no,” Spike sighed; it was up to him now. “A dragon’s gotta do what a dragon’s gotta do.” Spike turns around and spots some large, red, squishy, white spotted mushrooms beside him and thinks. “That’ll work.” Spike jumps on the mushrooms and sinks deep inside it. “Uh-oh’ that isn’t-” Spike said, and then he launches off toward Helpful at full speed. He lands into Helpful’s pack without him noticing. “Oof!” Spike looks out the pack confused and dizzy. “Okay, not what I expected, but this’ll work.” Spike turns his attention to Helpful who still runs after the list that’ll lead them straight toward the cliff; now Spike really starts to panic. “Oh-no. Helpful, stop! If you don’t, you’re gonna get us both in deep water!”

“What do mean ‘deep water’?” Helpful asked still fixed on chasing the list. Spike grabs Helpful’s face and turns it down toward the cliff they’re about to fall over.

“Oh shoot!” Helpful quickly hits the brakes and slowly skids closer toward the edge, Spike covers his eyes, but they stop directly at the edge of the cliff. “That was close.” Helpful sighed of relief; Spike opens his eyes and finds himself at the edge, and sighs of relief.

“Too close.” Spike agreed. Helpful and Spike lean over the edge of the cliff and spot a dense fog covering the bottom of the seemingly dark, bottomless abyss that had two walls on the way down; no doubt had a river at the bottom. Spike whistles a long amazed whistle. “That is one long drop.”

“Yeah, Spike” Helpful agreed with the baby dragon. Spike spots the list flying above them as the wind starts to die off and the list slowly lands on the edge of the cliff in front of them. Helpful picks up the list, but then the cliff’s edge begins to crumble. “Oh-no, this can’t be good.” Helpful replied wide-eyed. The cliff crumbles down fast, with Helpful and Spike shouting as they fall down the canyon. Spike pulls out a rope from Helpful’s pack that Applejack gifted them, and ties it around Helpful who looks curious. “What are you doing?!” Helpful asked trying to shout over the sharp wind.

“Don’t worry! I’ve seen Applejack do this all the time!” Spike explained as he threw the rope at a root sticking out the abyss wall. It grabbed on and Helpful swung toward the wall and landed perfectly on the gray bed rook. Spike and Helpful watch as the cliff pieces fall into the fog out of sight. After a few moments, they hear a loud splash and look surprised and shocked. “Wow.” Helpful said.

“Took the words right out of my mouth, Helpful.” Spike replied, he looks around and spots the root slowly coming out of the wall. “Uh-oh.”

“What?” Helpful asked. Spike smiled nervously.

“The root that’s holding us from the river is giving in.”

“Leading us down to the river that who knows how far down it is?” Helpful asked with a serious look.

“Yep.”

“Sharp rocks at the bottom?”

“That’s most likely.”

“Bring it on.” The root snapped out of the wall and Spike, who screamed out of pure fear, and Helpful, who really seemed to enjoy this, fell into the river below with a loud splash.

Meanwhile, Twilight is awakened by Applejack on the ground in Everfree Forest. “Twilight you okay?” Applejack asked. Twilight looks around and finds Spike and Helpful has disappeared; she begins to panic; she pulls Applejack right up to her face. “Applejack, where’s Helpful and Spike?!” Twilight asked too fast for Applejack to understand.

“Say what now?” Applejack asked. Twilight lets go of Applejack and looks around.

“You know Spike and Helpful. Did you see them? They’re gone.” Applejack looks around.

“No, as a matter of fact, I haven’t seen either of them.” As Applejack answered her question, Twilight goes up a tree and pops her head out a hole in its side; looking real panicked.

“What?? Oh-no.” Twilight said as she got out of the tree. “If I’ve lost Helpful, he’ll get lost and Celestia’s tasks that were given to him won’t get finished and who knows what Celestia might do to him. I might’ve messed up his perfect record of never finishing a task late, and he’ll hate me forever!” Applejack pauses in mid-thought.

“Uh...” Applejack started to protest, but Twilight comes straight up to her face panicked, spooking her.

“Please, tell me you saw them Applejack. This is critically important, please!” Applejack steps back from Twilight, who looks mentally ill, and thinks.

“Well I haven’t seen Helpful or Spike. Maybe Spike is guiding Helpful.” Twilight shacks her head.

“Not likely. Spike would wake me up, and I’d be with them. Something had to happen. Did you see anything suspicious?” Applejack looks like she just remembered something.

“Yeah, in fact I have. Follow me.” Twilight follows Applejack to a cliff that seemed to have lost its edge not too long ago. “I was just walking along here when I heard a loud crumbling sound so I decided to check it out, then I found you back there asleep. I was about to wake you up when I heard something hit the water. I kept walking and found this cliff gone. What do you make of it?” Twilight looks down towards the bottom of the abyss, and all she sees is the dense fog at the bottom.

“I don’t know, but judging by how freshly broken the cliff is, I’d say that Helpful and Spike fell down here trying to get the list that some crazy wind blew away. I hope they’re alright.” Applejack looks down the abyss.

“I’m sure they’re alright’ Twilight. I mean’ I know we don’t know the guy, but Spike’s with him I’m sure that they’ll be okay.”

“I know, but what now?” Twilight thinks, then she comes up with an idea. “Let’s get a search party together and look for them.” Applejack smiled.

“I’ll get all of Sweet Apple Acers to look for him.” Twilight brightens up.

“Great and keep it on a down low. We can’t let Celestia know.” Applejack salutes.

“Yes, mam!” Applejack and Twilight run off swiftly to Sweet Apple Acers.