• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,780 Views, 59 Comments

Dean's Real Life - Moon_Skritch



Back in Equestria, Dean continues the rest of his life.

  • ...
1
 59
 1,780

Chapter 1: Welcome Home Party

Chapter 1
Welcome Home Party
________________________________________________________________________________

“It is good to be home…” I say as we all walk through the forest back to Ponyville. I look at Pinkie Pie and she smiles at me and nuzzles me.

“I’m glad we are back home too Dean.” She says.

I look back at Alex, who is smiling with Rainbow Dash, he is back to his old self again, dark blue coat, yellow and blue spiked mane, plus wings.

I then look at Max, he has a medium brown coat, and silver with a tint of teal mane that is quite windswept, no wings or anything, he is just a normal earth pony, he looks rather familiar though. Have we seen somepony that looks like him before? I’m not really sure.

We come up to the town finally, and all is peaceful. The other ponies in town mind their own business as we enter, though some wave at us and we wave back.

Just then we hear a voice call out to us, actually to one of us, but we don’t understand the name she calls out. “Hey Mantalist! Where have you been?”

We all look at each other, not really sure if she was calling to us or somepony around us. The mare in question is a Alicorn with a long red mane with a light gray coat. She runs past me and into Max, pulling him into a hug. It's rather odd seeing another Alicorn other than Celestia or Luna.

“Um, do I know you?” Max asks the Alicorn

She just giggles and says, “Oh come on Mantalist, it’s me, Red Velvet!”

Red Velvet, and Mantalist, those two names are very familiar, if only I can remember.

Red Velvet continues to hug Max, “It was so strange, you and I were together at the park, talking about what I have missed since I changed into that... changeling thing… and then you just disappeared out of thin air…” she says.

Changeling, now where have I heard that before… wait, is this… I remember now, It’s Chrysalis’ true form, without all the hatred and sadness, and Max is that one stallion that walked up and noticed her, Mantalist. So that means Max was here when we were, but how come he doesn’t remember?

“I missed you Mantalist.” She says and kisses Max.

“What happened?” Max asked confused, like he just woke up from something. He looks over at us, then at Red Velvet. “So it wasn’t all a dream… And I am not dreaming now…” he says.

“No Mantalist, you aren’t dreaming…” Red Velvet giggles, and kisses his nose.

He looks at us, “Wait, so that means you two were here too, when I was?” Max says, or I should say Mantalist now, since that’s what Velvet keeps calling him.

Alex and I nod, “Wait, if you were here when we were. How did you know Red Velvet before she transformed into Chrysalis? It had to be quite a while when she was a Changeling.”

“About a year or so ago… I must have been asleep before you two were and I guess time is different here than on earth… I met Red Velvet a week or so before she transformed, she was so sad, I tried to help her, but she was already gone, when she transformed I tried to help by talking to her, but nothing helped she flew off toward Canterlot, we were in Manehattan beforehand. I went to Canterlot following her, and I got there when you guys showed up, I saw her transform back into her normal self and that’s when I walked up. After that me and her kind of hooked up, other ponies thought it was strange, an earth pony with an Alicorn, but it works.” He explains, then gives her a hug.

We all smile as Red Velvet nuzzles him, I guess it can work, nothing is impossible.

“OH! I HAVE AN IDEA!” Pinkie yells loudly making us all jump, except me, since I am used to it, I would think that the others would be too, guess not. “We should have a welcome home party!” she says and bounces gleefully.

“Great Idea Pi-” Twilight says, but Pinkie's already zoomed off toward Sugarcube Corner to get ready. Twilight sighs and smiles.

Not a split second later she's back and grabs me, “C'mon Dean!” She says, and we zoom back.

When we get to the door, I stand there dazed for a moment, I don't think I've ever been moved that fast before, “Whoa... what a rush...” I say. Pinkie just giggles, “You'll get used to it.” she says. I shake my head swiftly to shake off the dazed feeling and follow her in.

We walk inside Sugarcube corner, the smell of cooking pastries enter my nose, a smell I have not smelled in a while. Mr. and Mrs. Cake appear from the kitchen, “Dean, so good to see you again! We were worried about you.” Mrs. Cake says.

“It's a long story...” I say with a chuckle. I turn to Pinkie, “So what do you want to do first to set up the party?” I ask.

“Party?” Mrs. Cake asks. “Haven't had one of those in a while...”

“It's a 'Welcome Home' party for Dean, Alex, and Max!” Pinkie says, she seems to be more hyper then when I first met her, I smile at her, she is so caring for her friends.

“C'mon Dean, let's get the balloons and stuff!” Pinkie says. I follow her down the hall, she starts bouncing up and down all the way. “Uh Pinkie, wouldn’t your bouncing upset the foal?” I ask, I then realize, she is Pinkie Pie, you can't explain her, which is why she is so awesome.

“What Dean?” She asks, she must not have heard me.

“Never mind, I’m just thinking out loud.” I say and smile.

“Okie Dokie Loki!” she says and smiles back.

We begin to take stuff out of the closet, balloons, which are already filled with helium, streamers, party hats, and other party decorations. The last thing Pinkie takes out is this strange little cannon, “Pinkie, what is that for?” I ask, a bit worried.

“It’s my Party Cannon! Watch!” she says, and pushes the cart to a nearby table, she pulls the string on it and a bunch of confetti and streamers fly out of it and the table is immediately ready for a party.

“Pinkie how come you never showed me this stuff before? These are really cool gadgets!” I say.

“I dunno, I guess I never had the chance, we were always busy doing something or going on an adventure.” She says.

“Still that is pretty awesome.” I say, walking up to her. I put my hooves around her and pull her into a hug, “Just like you.” I say.

She nuzzles me and says, “This is why I love you Dean, you are sweet, like icing on a cupcake.” she then kisses me, the taste of sugar cookies is still there, which still fascinates me of how she can keep that up, then I realize once more, she's Pinkie.

I notice the wedding bangle on my hoof, which makes me smile, “I'm glad I met you Pinkie, you are the best thing to ever come into my life.” I say.

She hugs me a bit tighter, “I'm glad too Dean.” she whispers into my ear.

“I love you Pinkie Pie.” I say.

“I love you too Dean.” she whispers.

We sit there holding each other, in silence, enjoying the moment when we hear a ding sound from the kitchen, which makes us jump. we pull away from each other and smile.

We get up from the floor and next thing I know I am in a lip-lock with Pinkie, I smile and kiss her sugary tasted lips back. She pulls away and says “Come on Dean, let's get the rest of the stuff set up.”

I nod and we start decorating Sugarcube Corner. I help her by hanging the high streamers and the banner that says “Welcome Home!” on it. After about an hour of decorating Pinkie says, “We are done!”

I look around the room: Assorted treats and snacks on party decorated tables, random balloons hanging on random things, streamers lining the walls, confetti scattered on the floor to make it look more party like.

“This party is going to be amazing, I know it.” I say nuzzling into Pinkie, “And it's all thanks to you Pinkie.” I smile.

Just then the door to the shop opens and in comes the others, “Whoa you two did a great job decorating!” Twilight says.

“Thanks Twilight!” Pinkie says, I smile and nod at Twilight.

“So shall we get this Party started?” I say. We all smile and Pinkie hops over to the Victrola in the room and puts a record on, upbeat music plays and we all dance around.

The party continues on, and everyone is having a great time, laughing, dancing, and snacking on the sweets. This has to be one of the best parties Pinkie has thrown, the best one I have gone to was the one where I asked her to marry me.

I notice as the music changes to a slower beat, more of a romantic sounding song. I watch as Alex and Rainbow get up and slow dance, Max and Red Velvet follow suit and dance together also. The others stand to the side, to take a break. I feel a tap on my side, already knowing who it is, I turn to Pinkie.
“Um, wanna dance?” I ask her sticking out my hoof.

She smiles and takes my hoof, we start to softly dance in each others hooves, I could have sworn the lights dimmed in the room but I am not sure, I was too busy paying attention to my wife. It seemed as if we were the only ones in the room, in our own world, its amazing.

After about three minutes, or three years, at least it felt that way, the music ended. Pinkie and I let go of each other, I smile at her and she smiles back with that adorable smile she has.

I look out the window to see the sun has gone down, time sure does fly when you are having fun at a Pinkie Pie party. I then look over to Alex, whom is sitting at one of the tables chatting with Rainbow Dash, not sure what but they have a smile on their face. I then look over to Max/Mantalist and Red Velvet, who are still dancing, its amazing they aren't tired yet.

Another hour goes by and everyone is pretty much exhausted and they decide to head home, we say goodnight to everypony, I do the normal 'brohoof' with Alex and Max.

What a party that was, one of the best ones, wait I said that already, oh well it still was pretty awesome. I let out a yawn, wow partying sure takes a lot of energy. “I'm tired too Dean, c'mon let's head to bed.” Pinkie suggests with a yawn.

We tell the Cakes good night and we head up the stairs to Pinkie's room, “Hang on, I'm gonna go take a shower.” I say and head off to the bathroom.

I turn on the water and hop in, I mainly just wanted to come in here to feel the water hit my coat again. it's a different feeling than when you are a human, it's more relaxing. I stand there for a few moments just letting the water hit my coat. After a few minutes go by, I get out and dry myself off with one of the towels.

I wipe the mirror with the towel and I see my pony self, black short mane, light brown coat, black tail... I am so glad it wasn't a dream, otherwise I probably would've went into a depression, let's not think of that now, I am here and I am happy.

I hang the towel up on the rack and quietly walk to Pinkie's room, I don't wish to wake anypony up, especially the Cakes' foals, that would be bad. I slowly open Pinkies door and I tiphoof over to the bed, I guess you would call it that since we don't have toes. I climb under the covers slowly so I do not wake Pinkie, I get comfortable and close my eyes to let sleep take me over.

I am just about to fall asleep when I feel Pinkie shift closer to me, she puts her hoof around me and snuggles into me, I hear her whisper “I love you Dean.” I turn over to face her, she gives me a kiss on the lips, “I love you too Pinkie, with all my heart.” I say and I put my hooves around her pulling her closer. We hold each other til sleep takes us away.

[end of chapter one]

Author's Note:

BOOK 3! it's here!!!

Anyway if you are a newbie to this story and you just read this, Please, if you want to, go back to the other 2 books, (so you at least know what's going on.)

LET A NEW JOURNEY BEGIN!

Hope you enjoy! :)

--Gareth