• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 714 Views, 8 Comments

The Broken Mirror - Southern_Mercenary



After the apocylpse sometimes the mirror between worlds can be the only escape.

  • ...
 8
 714

The other side of the mirror

Chapter two: The other side of the mirror.

Nurse Redheart looked at the chart for the man that had been brought into the hospital by Applejack and Dash. There wasn't much information on the chart of the man named Geoff based on metal tags they had found on him. The tags had an ID number and blood type as well as some abbreviations that didn't make sense to any of the doctors.

She sighed and check on the patient, Geoff was lying on the bed under a chemical coma. When he had been brought in he had some nutrient problems and some dehydration issues, and on top of that he had a serious blood infection. Which despite the doctors using the best antibiotics available was resisting heavily.

She looked at Geoff and checked several devices plugged into him. Everything was getting better if the machines where accurate. But he would require medicine to insure that the infection would stop. But she had other patients to look after and a comatose man no matter how mysterious he was at the time came after the hurt people she was charged with watching.

(_(=)_)

Applejack heaved another bushel of apples onto the family truck before she headed to the house to wash up quickly before she and Abigail, who liked to be called Applebloom, went to the market. Her boots clanked on the old wood porch before she opened the screen door. In the foyer was a hat rack on which she put her father's, now hers, hat on.

She smiled at Granny Smith in the living room as she passed the entry way into the room, before climbing the stairs towards her bedroom and bathroom. She passed Applebloom's room and saw that she was there with her friends who where giggling at something. She smiled before continuing on to her room and shut the door. She took off her clothes and walked into the bathroom which was connected to her room near her closet.

She turned on the hot water and waited for it to heat up before stepping into the warm stream of water. She took a bar of soap and began to rub it on a cloth before cleaning herself. Finishing her cleaning she hosed off the suds and moved onto her hair. Making sure to shake out anything in it before she lathered it in shampoo. Contrary to Rarity's thought process she did take care of her hair she just didn't put as much time into it as she did.

Finishing her shower she toweled off before heading into her room to get dressed. She put on a similar outfit to what she was wearing before the shower but slightly newer and nicer. It was always a good idea to look nice before heading to market. Putting on her boots on her bed her mind wondered some. Maybe after the market was done for the night she would check on the man she had rescued. She felt responsible for him until he was awake but in the mean time she walked to Applebloom's room.

"Applebloom are yawl ready to go?" She asked

"yah sis wher ready." Applebloom said.

"Then come on." Applejack said motioning with her hand towards herself.

The trio of girls rushed out the bedroom and headed towards the truck. Applejack followed behind walking while they ran. Applejack grabbed her hat and put it on her head before heading out the door and seeing the trio fight over who sat where. She chuckled at their antics, reaching the truck she opened the driver door and got in.

The truck started with a small cough, Applejack sighed the crystal would have to be checked later but it should still work just fine, She thought. The truck crunched on the gravel road that was in front of the house before degrading into a dirt road that lead towards the main road leading into town. The apple trees on both sides of the roads where barren of apples as harvest was a approximately a month ago.

The truck stopped at the gates to Sweet Apple Acres before turning left onto route 12 towards Ponyville. The truck stopped most of its sputtering and coughing now that it was on a smooth asphalt road. There were a few cars scattered on the road as Applejack continued her drive towards the city. looking up a bit she could see Rainbow Dash flying around practicing.

(_(=)_)

High above Ponyville Rainbow Dash was soaring through the air. She turned several of her outer feathers to roll through the air feeling the high-speed air in her face. Flying always made her spirits soar, and made her smile, particularly when doing tricks. She looked down and saw Ponyville and the surrounding farms stretch-out below her.

She drew in her wings to dive towards a large tree near the center of the city. The wind rushed past even faster as she reached maximum velocity of free falling before she reopened her wings to glide into the tree turned library. Her sky blue wings where wider than most seraphim's, but still not at large as the Princesses.

The tree was carved into a library shortly after the town was founded, But dash didn’t care about this as she crashed through the branches into the upstairs part of the library. Clementine "Twilight Sparkle" Everett rushed into her bedroom to see Rainbow Dash partially lodged in the tree's branches.

"Sorry was trying a trick and well you know." Dash said waving

"You've got to be more careful Dash." She said trying to get her out of the tree. Giving up doing it manually she raised her right hand and concentrated. A light purple aura enveloped Dash and she slid out of the branches onto the floor of the library.

"Thanks for that. Any news on the guy I pulled out of the river?" She asked.

"No, or at least not here. I checked with the Office of Births, Office of Housing, and Office of travels and nothing. No record of a Geoff Lowe in Ponyville at anytime in the past."

"Then how did he end up in the river nearly drowning." Dash asked.

"I'm not sure dash you're going to need to talk to him about that." Twilight said picking up some of the branches and leaved in the room before tossing them into the trash.

"Well he's still in a coma I think." Dash said looking out the window seeing the roof of the hospital in the distance.

(_(=)_)

Geoff opened his eyes blinking and trying to see something. His vision was blurry and his left hand went to check his head and neck area for his goggles. Not finding them he tried to check for his glasses case in his pants. Looking down he saw that he was wearing a hospital gown.

"What?" he asked his voice scratchy from lack of use in the past few months.

Geoff heard the soft beeping of medical equipment as his nearsighted eyes scanned the room trying to find something to use as a weapon just in case. Sitting up and groaning as his wounded hip sent an ache through his body. He tried to see if someone had put his case out, though he wasn't expecting it. Though to his surprise he saw a black object that looked like his case.

He opened it reveal his glasses, he quickly dawned them and the world came into focus. Looking around he saw that he was hooked up to several machines. Geoff started to tear off monitors from his chest and he took out the needles in his arm grinding his teeth some as he did. He stood up and looked around trying to make sure that he was alone in the room before trying to find some clothes or at least boxers. He noticed the open window and saw the green trees of a city.

Slowly he walked to the window and peered out seeing the city in front of him. He noticed people walking in the street not lurching like the undead. He slid to his knees and slowly started to cry, his mind going a mile a minute. He had for at least now found peace.



A.N.
Hay everypony thanks for reading my story and sorry for the delay. I've gotten sick lately and wasn't in the mood to write. Also those who have mentioned things about my last chapter. Thanks for the feedback. If it is really clique sorry, I now it was a really common idea, but I think i can take it into a different direction. and about details well I've heard to different sides to this one side saying I'm putting too much and now too little. trying to find a middle here. but thanks for reading.