• Published 15th Dec 2012
  • 357 Views, 4 Comments

Into The Mist - NeptuneGalaxy



There is a war in Equestria.

  • ...
 4
 357

Chapters 1 & 2

Cold wisps of night air still hung around as the sun peeked over the horizon. A unicorn sat on the bank of a river thinking this would be her last day alone. Clove flipped onto her back and stared up at the stars that weren't shrouded by mist. As she studied the constellations, she didn't notice a figure approaching her. So it was a surprise when somepony spoke out behind her. "I think it would be hard to stargaze right now. I mean, with the mist and all."

Startled, Clove turned around to see who went with the voice. "Oh, Deryll, you scared me."

"I definitely didn't mean to startle you." The black unicorn sat down beside Clove. "Like I said, isn't it hard to stargaze with the mist?"

"I think it's quite easy, thank you. As if you knew how to do it anyway." The green unicorn smirked at Deryll.

"Don't mock me. After all, today is your last day here, right?"Clove looked at the ground. "Look, I'm sorry, ok? It's not my fault that your parents signed you up a few years ago-"

"MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!" Deryll stared at Clove. Although it was hard to see through the mist, he could see there was a stream of tears running down her face. "I'm sorry for the outburst, Deryll." Clove looked at the ground. Deryll saw the hurt in her face and embraced her in a tight hug.

"I'll come with you," he said.

"They'll stop you from coming. I have to go by myself."

"I bet I can find a way." The hug lasted for a few moments, then they let go. "I'm sorry the armies had to take them. They just came into town and took them away. You're lucky you got out." The green unicorn stared at the ground, not saying anything but sobbing quietly. Deryll looked at her and said, "Cheer up, Clove. We have a whole day to kill."

"I know, but i dont want to be sent to training camp." Clove stared at Deryll through the mist.

"C'mon, let's get something to eat. 'Ill walk you home." And the two unicorns set out towards the city and into the mist.


As Clove and Deryll walked into the city, they decided to get something to eat. They stopped by Sugercube Corner, and walked in. There was a very bouncy pink mare at the counter.

"Welcome to Sugercube Corner!" Pinkie Pie said with a big grin. "What can i get you today? OOH! The special today is donuts!" Deryll looked at Clove and rolled his eyes. Clove laughed, and they ordered their food. Pinkie said, "Ok, I'll be right back!" And with that, she zoomed to the back of the store.

Clove motioned to a table and they went to sit down. They didn't have to wait too long for their food, and when it came, Pinkie set the food down on the table and sped back to get their drinks."Typical Pinkie," said Deryll. Clove laughed again and Pinkie brought back their drinks. They ate, paid, and walked out of the restaurant.

The two unicorns then went on their way to Clove's house. They got inside and Clove fumbled for the lights. When she got them on, a vast room appeared before both of them. They walked to two chairs in the corner of the room and sat. They chatted for a while, and Clove decided it was finally time to pack.

"I'd better go upstairs."

"I'll come keep you company." Clove led the way upstairs, and Deryll followed behind. They got upstairs and Clove fumbled for the lights once again. She got them on and walked into the room. There were things strewn everywhere. Clove used her magic to pick up the checklist she had and looked at it.

"Let's see... what's first on my list? My uniform." She looked nervously at the closet. Seeing she didn't want to go, Deryll offered, "I'll go for you." Clove gladly took the offer. Deryll walked to the closet and opened the doors. Right in front of him he found a box. He considered opening it, but pushed it aside in his mind and walked in to get the uniform. He glanced at the box on his way out, but forgot it and walked out of the closet. Things were flying around him, putting themselves into suitcases, and in the middle of it all stood Clove, checking things off her list.

"Thanks, Deryll," she said and threw the uniform aside into a suitcase.

After she was done, Clove went downstairs to get something to eat. Then Deryll his attention back to the box. It was a big blue box, and when he opened it he say many things. A ray gun, and many other guns, an emergency food supply and...

"CLOVE!' Derryl called over his shoulder. "YOU MIGHT WANT TO COME SEE THIS."