• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 690 Views, 3 Comments

Loss of self - Capwn



The musings of a lost soul

  • ...
 3
 690

Age7-Part2

Rainbow Spectrum, Age 7 continued

Dear Diary,

Mommy made me go to bed last night, sorry I couldn't finish my story. But I got up real early today to finish it! So where was I? Oh yeah!

Fluttershy said she didn't wanna leave the ground but said little fillies like me needed to get back home. But before I could say anything else she whistled and three little red birds landed in her mane. It was like she was mother nature! Then she turned to the birdies and whispered something.

The littlest birdie flew over to me and landed on my nose.I looked at it as it spread it's wings slowly then took off to the nearest branch, chirping at me to follow. I spread my little black wings and flapped them as hard and as fast as I could! But I only got a couple of hooves off of the ground before I fell back to the ground with a thud. I looked up and the little bird was right in front of my face. He chirped angrily and pecked my nose.

"Ow!" I yelped, I rubbed my hoof against my nose and watched as the little bird sat down, then lifted off again, flapping his wings slowly but real strong. Then it hit me, I was supposed to go slow! So I watched as the little birdie once again landed on the branch.

I stood up and spread my wings. I WAS going to make it! I WAS going to fly! I looked up at the wide sky and started flapping my wings slowly. Before I knew it, my hooves were off the ground! Then I started going higher, and higher! Then I passed the little birdie's branch, and then the top of the tree! I was flying!

As I flew through the sky, I saw how....BIG the sky was! It went on forever! The world was a BIG place....that's when it hit me. Maybe, possibly, there was a pony out there that would love me, that would never leave me. There HAD to be! So I decided I would start learning all there was to learn about the world! Then I would find out if a pony could love me! So I set off for home.

I got home real late at night..I walked in the house, my wings were SO tired, but I was still smiling. Mommy was sitting on the couch and Daddy was at the table.

"Mommy, Daddy!" I yelled, I wanted to tell them everything! "I flew today! I-I fell to the ground, but then I flew all the way b-" Mommy interrupted me.

"That's nice Spectrum. Now go to your room, Mommy and Daddy are busy." Daddy growled when mommy said his name. I took this as a hint that Mommy was right.

So I trotted up the stairs to my room. When I opened the door, I saw Dashie sitting on her bed, laughing. On my bed something was sat down on it. It's head looked like an eagle's, and it had talons. But it's back legs were all furry, and her tail was real skinny with a tuft on the end. I never seen such a strange creature.

"D-Dashie..?" I was kinda scared, I didn't like my Dashie bein' around some monster.

Dashie and the monster both looked at me. "Oh, hey Spectrum! Where were ya? I was worried." The monster opened her beak and spoke in an almost coltly voice.

"So this is Spectrum, huh?" Her eyes dilated like I was some mouse she was preying on.

"Yeah, Spectrum. This is Gilda, My friend from flight school. She's a griffon! Cool, right?" I backed up, I didn't trust this....'Gilda'.

"S-Sure Dashie.." Gilda let out a laugh.

"Dashie? How cute~" She was making fun of my sister, who was now blushing a bright red. She quickly got up and pushed me into the hallway.

"Spectrum, don't call me that in front of Gilda. She'll think I'm lame.." Her eyes looked back to the griffon. "Listen, she's spending the night, can you go sleep on the couch or something?"

Dashie didn't want me to sleep in our room. I started to tear up. "B-But I wanted to tell you a story.."

Dashie sighed. "You can tell me tomorrow Spectrum."

Tears fell from my eyes. "O-Okay Dashie..." She smiled, kissed my forehead and dashed back to our room, closing the door behind her. I knew I couldn't sleep on the couch, mommy would probably sleep there. So I plodded to the hall closet, opened t and curled up in my spot that I went to when I was sad. I couldn't write in you because you were in my room...so I slept in the closet all night.

The next morning when I woke up, Dashie was already gone. Why did my Dashie have to go? I thought she would be proud of me for flying. Oh well....I have chores now. Bye.

Spectrum.