• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 4,511 Views, 47 Comments

Let's Play! Vol. 01: MINECRAFT- with Luna, Celestia, and Cadence - Jasper77W



Luna, Celestia, and Cadence play the famed MINECRAFT on Xbox 360

  • ...
5
 47
 4,511

Part 1

Let's Play! Volume 01: MINECRAFT for Xbox 360- with Luna, Celestia, and Cadence.

An MLP FanFic


"Is it even on? I can't tell." Celestia said, staring at her blank screen. She, Luna and Cadence were in the deep confinements of the games room in the Canterlot castles that Luna ordered to be built. The room had no lights on, and was only lit by the glowing HD TV screens. Suddenly the glow was amplified as Celestia's screen turned on, a beep echoing in the silence and indicating the Xbox 360 was on. "There it is."

"Please, put on your headphones, sister." Luna said, irritated. Her controller was levitating in a blue aura, the same aura that shrouded her glowing horn.

"Press 'X' to start." Celestia said read off the screen aloud. "Can somepony turn the lights on? I can't find 'X'."

"For hay's sake." Luna rolled her eyes. "It's on your controller! How the hay can you not see it?"

"It's dark, and the screen is stinging my eyes." Celestia said, peering at her controller and not able to see what was printed on the buttons.

"When are we starting? Are you two even on?" Cadence asked, frowning at her screen.

"I am. My sister hasn't made it to the loading screen yet though." Luna rolled her eyes. "You know, it's funny how I'm the one who went missing for over a thousand years and yet am the best at all the games we play."

"Except for chess." Celestia noted.

"Shut up."

There was a click and a beep. "Aha! I am on the loading screen." Celestia announced proudly. Luna just tapped the desk with a hoof impatiently, her glassy eyes staring at her screen and waiting for something to happen.

"Great. Can we start now?" Cadence picked up her controller.

"Hold on. One percent... Two percent... Three..." Celestia frowned at her screen.

"You know what-" Luna turned to Cadence. "Let's just start without her."

"Seven..."

Luna ignored her sister, starting the game.

"Alright. I spawned. Now where the hay am I?" Cadence looked around- she seemed to be in a wide opening. "What are we playing again? Because the graphics suck. Why is everything pixelated? Why is the sun a square?"

"Welcome to Minecraft." Luna said, walking forward. She looked to her left, where Cadence's character was just staring up at the sun. "I take it you haven't played this game before?"

"Twelve percent..."

"Yeah, I haven't." Cadence said. "Also, my hooves are square."

"Your hooves are cube." Luna corrected. "Also- they're hands, not hooves."

"So that's why I'm standing on my hind legs." Cadence switched to third person view.

"Ok- let's go get some wood first. Damn, this is a big field. Cadence- Oi! Cadence! Follow me or you'll probably die out here!" Luna said, walking towards a far patch of jungle. The field they were in stretched almost beyond view, surrounded by high cliffs- the only place to go was towards the jungle.

"Why does my skin have different colors? Like, my head is this dark brown, by body is green and my legs are blue. What's going on?" Cadence was running around in circles, pressing the 'jump' button for no apparent reason.

"Goddamnit..." Luna face-hoofed in real life.

Finally Cadence stopped babbling over the logic of the game, and followed Luna into the jungle.

"Are we apple bucking now?" she asked as she started hitting a tree with her fist.

"No." Luna said flatly, collecting a wood block she just mined.

"Aah!" Cadence squealed, jumping back as the block of wood she was punching earlier fell out into a smaller piece , seemingly floating above the ground. "What's happening? I didn't mean to do it! I broke the tree! How do I fix it?"

"Twenty percent..."

Luna let out an annoyed growl. "Just pick it up and put it back on, if you that's what you want."

"But how do I pick it up though?" Cadence asked, pressing the same button. All she did was punch a hole in the ground. "Aah! What now?"

Luna took in a deep breath, then let it out slowly in a controlled manner. "You see that left joystick on your controller there? Yeah, that... Now, just use it to move towards the the blocks... That's right... And once you're close enough, you automatically pick them up!" she said slowly, her tone as if addressing a small foal.

Cadence blushed. "So what's the objective in this game again?"

"It doesn't have one." Luna said simply, placing down a crafting table under a tree.

"Then why are we playing this game? There's no point!" Cadence said, randomly flicking the right joystick around. Her character was just a swirl of colors as she turned this way and that.

Luna ignored her. "Oop. Getting dark." she said, quickly running towards a cliff face with a wooden pickaxe.

"Thirty percent..."

It was raining too. Luna had already dug a hole in the cliff face of stone, and was hiding under the shelter. Cadence was running around wildly in the rain, jumping around with a dirt block in her blocky hand. Luna sighed, turned around and started mining again.

*Thirty minutes later...

"Ok. I've got a diamond sword now. Cadence-" Luna said, emerging from the cave she dug into the cliff- she then stopped dead as she saw what Cadence had done on the outside. "Is that... A replica of the crystal empire!!??" she frowned.

"Yep." Cadence said proudly, behind her towers and towers of diamond blocks rising high up into the clouds.

"How'd you... HUH!!??" Luna would've rubbed her eyes if she could in the game.
"Girls... I'm still stuck on thirty percent..."

"I... May have used some TNT..." Cadence said sheepishly.

*Ten minutes earlier...

Cadence placed down the last TNT block in the grass. Under the layer of grass, was a huge expanse of nothing but TNT. Cadence wiped the sweat from her brow in real life, letting out a relieved sigh that she finished placing everything down. It was getting dark again- and she needed to find flint and steel, even though she had no idea what that was. She'll just have to look around and mine everything to find out.

She heard a loud hiss behind her, and turned around. There was a tall green figure standing before her, hissing as it came closer on four stubby legs. And before she knew it, there was a loud boom and a loud 'OOOMF' from her in-game character. The words 'You died' flashed onto her screen, and she tilted her head to one side questioningly.

*

Luna was whistling as she dug through the layers of stone blocks with ease, her diamond pickaxe flashing. Suddenly a large amount of lag started filling up the game, and she paused. There were distant booms all over the place, and she looked up- this one action took her several seconds because of all the lag.

"The hay...?" she muttered, staring at the plain stone ceiling. Then her screen was filled with white bubbles of smoke, lagging so bad that they were all frozen in place.

Then the words 'You died' flashed onto her screen- there must've been a huge TNT explosion, and since Celestia was on thirty percent and she didn't place any TNT down...

"CADENCE!!" she roared.

*Present...

"Ah. I remember now." Luna said, her expression unreadably dark. "I lost my diamond pickaxe."

Cadence slowly backed away from Luna and into the Crystal Empire replica, wary of the glimmering diamond sword in Luna's hand.

"Don't try to run!" Luna yelled, holding down the sprint on her controller.

"Eeep!" Cadence squealed, turning around and also holding down the sprint. They ran through the labyrinth of crystal towers, none of them slowing down or even checking their hunger bar for that matter.

Then Cadence decided to exit the Empire and run into the vast plains, sprinting through the field of grass.

"Come 'ere!" Luna yelled, sword swinging and close behind.

"Eeeeep!" Cadence squealed again, checking behind her and running backwards.

"Argh!" Luna growled frustratedly as Cadence was only half a block out of range of her sword.

Then suddenly Cadence disappeared, falling down into the ground. Luna peered over the edge of the cliff, just in time to see Cadence's in-game character hit the ground and fall over; highlighted red. On the left side of her screen, the words 'ILuvShiningArmorXOXO hit the ground too hard' appeared.

"Well that was freakin perfect." Luna said. "Because that's how most movie chase scenes end, right? The hero chases the villain five freakin miles and then the villain falls off a cliff. Yep."

"I didn't see it." Cadence muttered. And then she raised an eyebrow. "Are you mining diamond from my empire?"

"I'm hitting a house with a pickaxe. But yeah." Luna said, quickly looking around her to make sure Cadence didn't respawn near her.

Cadence took in several deep breaths through her nostrils, staring at Luna menacingly in real life. Then she sighed, turning back to her screen. "You're dead to me."

"Yeah, like you're gonna-" Luna started, and her in-game character let out a loud 'OOOMF', jumping back as she lost almost half her hearts. "The hay?" she quickly hid behind a crystal tower.

"Pop your head back out again. I dare you." Cadence said.

"You stole my bow and arrow from my chest, didn't you?"

"I don't know. Maybe. There was just a chest with a furnace on top of the cliff. So I opened it." Cadence shrugged.

Luna cursed- the cliff was too far away, and there was a giant clearing in the middle. If she tried to get to Cadence, she'd be shot a few hundred times before she even reaches the cliff. And then she'll have to climb the cliff, and with only four hearts left- just a small drop could easily kill her.

"Should I just restart the machine?" Celestia asked. "Oh wait. Thirty one."

Luna looked around her- there were no trees or spiders or anything she could use to craft a bow and some arrows- although, there was a bunch of diamond. Maybe she could craft an inventory full of diamond pickaxes and dig her way out of the situation...
She started digging down, pickaxe flashing as she held down the button.

"OOP!" she let out a surprised yelp as the ground suddenly dropped out from under her, and she fell about twenty blocks down before hitting the ground and dying in the bottom of a cave. "GODDAMNIT!!" she had forgotten all about Cadence blowing up the entire bottom of the world.

Cadence laughed at Luna, seeing the words 'NightmareMoon0102 hit the ground too hard' appear on her screen.

"Nooooo! My diamond pickaxes!!" Luna cried, respawning somewhere else on the map.
"Where... Am I?" Celestia wondered, the game finally loaded. There were trees everywhere, and she was pointlessly circling one and swinging her fist at the air.

Luna face-hoofed. Not this again.

*Forty minutes later...

"Ok. Since we have nothing to do, let's go find a stronghold." Luna said, now inside an underground cave; lit only by a glowing fountain of lava.

"Stronghold? Where can we find that?" Celestia asked.

"Somewhere underground. Just keep digging around." Luna said, mining stone with her only diamond pickaxe left.

Celestia and Cadence were in a cobblestone house they built to avoid the monsters at night, a metal door sealing off the exit.

"Let's just start mining here then." Celestia said, looking down at the floor.

"In the house?" Cadence asked.
"Yes." Celestia said, already mining downwards towards the ground.

"I'll go get wood and make a ladder. Just in case you need to get back up." Cadence said, punching the button on the wall and opening the metal door.

"Aah!" Luna yelped, jumping back. She was mining a small tunnel through the ground when she suddenly hit air. "Found an underground valley." she said, standing on the edge and looking out towards a huge valley spanning out beyond view on either side. She looked down, estimating a fifty block drop.

Then she heard a loud POP behind her, and just as she turned around her character went 'OOMF' and jumped off the edge.

"GODDAMNIT!!! BUCKING HELL!!" she yelled.

"Funny how you died more times than the both of us combined." Celestia said, seeing the words 'NightmareMoon0102 hit the ground too hard' on her screen. "Plus that's like a crappy username."

"You can't say much. You know nothing about setting usernames." Luna said, clicking the 'respawn' button. "What was yours again? 'Molestia5000' was it?"

"It's my nickname on the internet. A lot of people call me that." Celestia said simply.

"Well it's a crappy name." Luna said. "You should have something like 'Your Mom'. At least that name is insulting when you're playing games like Halo. 'You killed Your Mom', 'Your Mom sniped you with a headshot', 'Your Mom bucked a cow.' so on so on."

"Whatever." Celestia said, continuously mining downwards.

"Well. Found this place again. And buck you skeleton archer!" Luna said, swinging her sword at the skeleton archer that caused her to fall off the edge earlier. This time she learned from her mistake, placing torches around the cave so monsters won't spawn nearby.

"Aaah! What's happening?" Celestia asked, and Luna didn't have to look at her screen to know what happened.
All Luna saw was Celestia's character drop from the high ceiling of the valley above, and fall down in a laggy motion down below. A second later the words 'Molestia5000 hit the ground too hard' flashed onto her screen.

"Dug too far, dumbarse." Luna laughed.

"I noticed." Celestia said glumly.

"What now?" Cadence asked, staring down the hole in the ground of the cobblestone house as Celestia respawned next to her.

"Get a bucket and dump water down the hole. You should be able to ride the water down and avoid falling." Luna said.

"Ok... Now to find water." Cadence said, and Luna's mind clicked.

"There's this glitch in the game." she started, trying her best not to giggle or laugh. "The water actually looks like lava. The two programs got swapped, so Lava has the characteristics of water and Water has the characteristics of Lava."

"Oh yeah right." Cadence muttered.

"Are you willing to risk it?" Luna asked, hiding her smile in the shadows.

Cadence considered it for a moment, stopping in the middle of a clearing. "No."

"Ofcourse. I'll just try to get to you guys... Hold on." Luna said, walking back the way she came and heading for the surface. She would not want to miss this.

A moment later they were all in the cobblestone house, the night dark outside.

"It annoys me how the sun and moon automatically move around." Celestia said, breaking the silence. "Alright. Let's make an elevator to get down there."

Cadence placed the block of lava in the hole, waiting for it to flow down into the valley below.

"I'm just going to go outside." Luna said, about to open the metal door when they heard a loud hiss from outside. "Oop! Creeper!" she panicked, running around the house.

"Where is it?" Celestia looked out the windows.

"Outside the door! It's right there!" Luna said as the green figure outside slowly approached. "But at least it can't come in... We have a metal door-"

There was a loud click, and the door opened, the creeper right outside walking in.

The princesses screamed, running around the tight confinements of the cobblestone house and unable to get away from the creeper. There was another hiss, and a loud boom as the words 'You died' flashed onto all their screens.

"Well that went perfectly." Luna said after a period of silence. "Now- why the buck was there a pressure plate outside that door?"

"Oh, is that what it was?" Celestia raised an eyebrow, squinting at the screen. "I thought it was a door mat."

"A door mat made of stone? Really?" Luna said.

"This game is ridiculous in the first place. Many things don't make sense in it- so how am I supposed to know?"

"Let's just go check on the house." Cadence said, walking out towards where the house should be. But they didn't spawn in it, meaning their beds probably got destroyed...

"Well that's not good." Luna said, staring at the huge crater in the ground and the several remaining floating blocks of cobblestone.

"Lava's still there. We can ride our way down." Celestia said, and before Luna or Cadence could say anything she ran right into the stream of lava.

Luna started laughing as Celestia sunk below the surface, unable to swim back up and on fire.

"Aaah! What's happening!? Why am I on fire!? Get me out!" Celestia yelled as her hearts started draining.

Then with one final 'OOMF', the words 'Molestia5000 tried to swim in lava' popped onto Luna's screen, and she and Cadence couldn't help but laugh aloud- embarrassing Equestria's ruler even further.

"I'm going to kill you Luna." Celestia said angrily, spawning somewhere distant on the map.

"Eeeeep!" Cadence squealed, her character bouncing into the lava shortly after she heard a pop behind her.

"Skeleton archer!" Luna yelled, swinging the diamond sword.

"I'm burning! HELP!" Cadence tried to swim up onto land, but the thick lava was holding her down. "Damnit." she muttered as she lost all her hearts.

"So... Now we have no shelter." Luna said, all alone at the remains of the house.

"Yup." Celestia said. "So much for finding a stronghold."

"I'm just going to find a cave. And stay there." Luna said.

"Wait for me-" Celestia came running through the darkness. And before she could react, Luna had already cut her down with her diamond sword. "What the buck was that for!?"

"You said you were going to kill me a second ago. It was self defense- I couldn't risk it."

"Stuff you!" Celestia moaned, back at the spawn. There was a wooden sign in front of her, and she squinted at it. "Congratulations... You died..." she read aloud. "Stuff you, Cadence!"

"Haha!" Cadence laughed, already joining Luna and heading towards the cave.

"Why does the moon do nothing to light things up...?" Celestia asked, looking about her in the darkness. "The moon sucks. The sun's better."

"Just because you get killed all the time in the dark doesn't mean-" Luna started, entering the cave. The last thing she saw before the casual message 'You died' was a swarm of arrows volleying out of the cave after several loud pops. "WHAT THE HAY!!!?? THERE'S LIKE A THOUSAND SKELETON ARCHERS IN THERE!!"

"So that's what they do..." Cadence mumbled thoughtfully, inspecting the pressure plates on the cave edge, the stone texture camouflaged into the ground in the dark.

"So that's what does what?" Luna asked.

"I saw these things called 'dispensers' while crafting, so decided to give them a go and filled them with arrows-" Cadence started.

"You arse." Luna muttered.

"Thanks for the diamond sword."

"Shut up."

There were several growls next to Cadence, and she turned to her left.

"Ah! NO! Go away!" she squealed as a group of zombies neared her, one of them stepping on a pressure plate.

A storm of arrows rained out from the dark depths of the cave, taking down the zombies and Cadence alike.

"Good job." Luna said, seeing the message 'ILuvShiningArmorXOXO was shot by arrow' on her screen.

"Like, can we stop killing each other now? We've got a stronghold to find." Celestia said, still at the spawn point as Luna and Cadence joined her.

"Well. It's as if we didn't start at all, since we lost all our stuff." Luna said, sighing frustratedly.

"Just start again." Cadence moaned.