• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 8 Comments

Shark Bait - Hasashimi



Ditzy Doo is a useless pony compared to everypony else, especially when Nightmare Moon attacks again

  • ...
 8
 1,126

Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Training Session

For the next 7 days, I must be able to prove myself. I should stop by to see Rarity first. I was thinking that she could get me a blindfold that also allowed me to see through it. The world was dark now. I could see small dancing fires in the distance that seemed to stop instantly. Substances of magic flew around Ponyville. I was surprised that I made it back on chariot.

I trotted around Ponyville trying to find where Rarity was and also trying to fly a few feet once in a while. That didn’t work out too well since usually a ball of magic would usually be fired at me whilst I was flying. It was as if Ponyville had shifted or changed its position in some way. Craters were usually found lying around and gaps in the roofs of a house weren’t uncommon. I could hear Nightmare Moon’s cackle in the distance. A purple lightning bolt followed.

I felt happy inside that I was actually going to see something like this upfront now instead of my sad window. Another side of me felt danger, every cell in my body was telling me to stop and just relive a peaceful life. I shook my head and wiped those thoughts out of my head. This was my chance to show my true power as a pony!

Carousel Boutique stood right before me, damaged beyond repair but still an appropriate shelter. I knocked on the door a few times not really expecting a reply. Before I knew it, the door had opened and Rarity dragged me in. “What are you crazy?” she whispered, “A pony like you can’t be out like this! I heard from Princess Celestia that you were coming here. Why would you need fashion at a time like this?” I was still traumatized by this sudden event but calmed down and took a deep breath.

“You see my eyes right now,” I wanted to explain in the easiest way possible; “I was wondering if you had a spell that could put an illusionary blindfold on it so that I could see through it; maybe a raggedy cape as well.” Her face lit up at this point. “Thank you!” Rarity hugged me, “I’ve been waiting for somepony to ask me to make them some sort of outfit. 30 years of fashion will allow me to make you a permanent illusionary blindfold my dear. I’m pretty sure a raggedy cape would make you look adventurous as well.” To be honest, I wasn’t really expecting this kind of response.

Rarity began to look around for supplies. Her previous white coat had become gray from soot and some of her fur was no longer on her flank. Not even her hair and cutie mark were a sight to behold anymore. “Aha!” looks like she found something, “I had learned illusionary spells from Zecora, I think this red blindfold would do with a special knot.” A strong blue aura began to surround the strip of fabric, it began to fade and reappear and then…POOF! It was a see-through blindfold. “Do not worry my dear. To everyone else this is a normal blindfold.”

She placed it on my head and ran off to look for a raggedy cape. I was exploding on the inside. My eyes won’t slow me down anymore! A brown, tarnished fabric suddenly wrapped around me to create a cape and a hood. “Now Ditzy,” I was surprised she knew my name, “I must have you practice a great battle pose so this outfit would have some sort of essence in it.” I stomped one front hoof in front of me and whipped off my hood. I growled a bit to show some aggressiveness. I slid one of my back hooves away from my body just slightly.

Rarity was obviously happy about this to the point where she jumped up and clapped. “Ditzy!” she called out, “That’s perfect! Now go out and train with Rainbow Dash dear. I’m pretty sure that cape can handle wings as well.” To show my enthusiasm, I snapped into a happy expression and ran out of the dress shop; now to find Cloudsdale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was right there in the sky, raining its shadows over me. I was sure that I could fly straight up without getting off track. I started to flap my wings and hovered towards Cloudsdale. I was successful and surprised at the same time. After breaking the cloud, I was able to look at Cloudsdale as a town now. It was literally a cloud supporting wreck and rubble. You could see some ponies flying around searching for the city they once had.

I was surprised that I saw Rainbow Dash here as well. She was just flying laps around the dystopia. “Excuse me,” I tried to get her attention, “I was sent here for you to assist me with flying…” She stopped in her tracks and looked at my peeping head in my cloud. “Hey there pipsqueak,” She walked over to my floating head, “I heard that you were coming. Get yourself onto this giant cloud would ya’?” She gave me a helping hoof and dragged me up. “Nice attire,” Rainbow Dash pointed at my cape, “enough with fashion. Now let me see your problem with flying! You need to be up to date in this war.” She looked at Cloudsdale with a sad expression for a split second.

I started to flap my wings and try to fly straight. That was a failure in the making, I zig zigzagged through the air and just ended up with my face flattened by a giant pole. You could hear Rainbow Dash swallowing her laugh in the background. She flew over to me and helped me get back into posture. “I see now,” her laugh started to make its way back up; “let’s practice with coordination. The best thing to do is to go at full power and have the air wrap around your body. Focus your mind on one point, it’s hard to get down but it’ll be your only hope.” For the next few days, I just did that over and over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flew around Cloudsdale’s obstacle course with ease. I guess embarrassment was just a wall between tons of practice. I was able to fly straight and quickly now without looking like a complete idiot. Rainbow Dash cheered me on and called me over. “Well Ditzy,” she said, “it’s the end of your week and you’ve gotten farther than any other pony I’m seen. I know you’ll be a great pony in the battle; even if you are shark bait. Now go make me proud.”

I flew off as fast as I could and started to make my way to Canterlot. It was a difficult task due to the sky being an imaginary battlefield. Magic flew left and right along with some lightning. I found it easy to weave through the attacks that I could see but sometimes, the lightning was just striking down in front of me. Eventually, Canterlot was in my line of sight and I swerved down towards it. Through the window I could already see some of my team talking. The door was wide open and I flew in making a great entrance. I landed on my back hooves first then rested my front hooves and rested my wings.

Everypony had wide eyes but Elizabeth was the first to snap back to her sentence. “Everypony, conversation over,” she announced, “Ditzy Doo will be the team leader!” The team cheered and praised me. I was still unaware of what had just happened. “Guys,” I said, “what’s going on?” “Well Ditz,” Lyra cleared her throat, “we were wondering who could be our leader and with that epic entrance, we made up our minds in an instant.” Everypony nodded in agreement.

“We think you’ve changed the most.” Cherilee said, “We all just learned magic and power but you learned how to cover your defect and fly straight after 25 years of being a klutz. We’re all proud of your development Ditzy Doo, we’re sorry we didn’t accept you before. Besides, I’m pretty sure the enemies will shiver with a leader like you.”

I transitioned from my surprised expression and gave them all a big smile. “Thank you all!” I was grateful; “I’m so happy! I can’t believe I could grow so much potential. All I did was work my hardest and try to prove myself.” “And you did prove yourself!” Photo Finish said, “I admit, you would be a perfect model but not right now. Your posture and grashful body ish perfect!” I blushed a bit and everypony hugged me.

“Now everypony,” I said, “I’m pretty sure we will get commands from the princesses and be living in the suites we woke up in.” Elizabeth nodded in agreement; she seemed to have spoken to her already. “Let’s begin our life as a pony with a point!” Everypony cheered and laughed in triumph. It’s time for us to shine.