• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 5,942 Views, 32 Comments

Cheater - Mr V



[ 2nd person ] - Dash adds an unexpected complication in your relationship with Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
12
 32
 5,942

Chapter 2

Despite the admittedly unusual start, you've managed to have one heck of a great day just hanging around and having fun with your best pal Rainbow Dash. Even when it's nothing more than sitting around, chatting back and forth about stupid things, she somehow manages to make every moment you spend together unforgettable. Her lively attitude is apparently contagious, like some kind of very awesome disease.

An exciting pick-up game of hoofball with the Apple siblings was a great choice to end a perfect springy afternoon, and now, bellies heavy with milkshakes, you and Rainbow Dash lazily make your way back to her home, bantering and jabbing at each other as usual.

"You shouldn't feel too bad," she says, smirking as she slowly tramps along at your side, "after all. Applejack and I are the most athletic ponies in all of Ponyville. You didn't think you could actually win, right? Because that would just be sad. Like, I'd actually feel sad for you if you thought that."

"Yeah? Well, the score seemed to say otherwise. You were only ahead by three points at the end."

"Pfff," she responds. "Yeah, but that was enough, wasn't it? Besides, you only did so well because Big Mac was on your team," she says smugly. "You just can't get around that guy! He takes up the whole field all by himself. It's a totally unfair advantage," she bumps you with her shoulder as she grins, "Cheater."

"Me?" you laugh, "You were using your wings half the time out there! You're the cheater."

You find yourself spitting out feathers as Rainbow Dash bats you with her wing. "Oh? You got a problem with my wings?" she laughs, flapping you in the face again.

You try to shield yourself from her attacks for only a moment before you lunge at her, hoping to trap her in a playful headlock. But as usual, she's too quick for you and easily slips away. "You'll have to do better than that!" she prods as she quickly shoots out of sight.

Before you can even hope to follow her movement, you feel something lightly touching upon your back. You turn your head and, just as you expected, you find Rainbow Dash literally standing on you, all four hooves touching down just above your flank, mockingly staying just out of reach. She scoffs at your feeble attempts to buck her off.

"So you're just gonna make me carry you home now, is that it?" you ask.

She pretends to think about it for a bit. "Hhhmm-yeah. Pretty much." She plops herself down heavily on your back, hanging her forelegs over your shoulders. "So let's get going, already. We aren't getting any closer just standing here."

With an exaggerated sigh, you continue along the road. Beyond the cycling warmth from the sun as you pass between the shadows of the trees along the trail, you feel something unexpected: Dash seems to have wrapped her forelegs rather snugly about your chest. Probably because of the wind, you think. It can still get a bit cool in the evenings, after all.

Suddenly, you hear something ... a sound just above a whisper, but you can't quite make it out.

"Um, did you say something, Dash?"

You hear her mumbling to herself for a moment before she raises her voice "I said ... sorry. I'm sorry for being such a jerk all the time."

While you have to smirk at the idea of the amazing Rainbow Dash apologizing for anything, you still want to be supportive. "Ah, come on, you're not a jerk," you reply, "I love the way you are. We always have a good time, right?" As you spoke, it almost felt as if her grip grew tighter for some reason.

"You're only making it worse, you know," she whispers.

"What do you mean?"

"… Nothing …"

You stop, only now realising that she seems to be pressing her cheek against you a bit more than you'd think necessary to ward off the brisk air. "Rainbow Dash, is something bothering you? I know I might not be the best pony to go to for advice or anything, but if you want, I can always--"

"W-what am I doing wrong then?" she asks, her voice wavering in a way you can't recall having heard before. "How come ... how come it's Pinkie Pie ... who has a great boyfriend, but I don't?"

"Is that what this is about?" you ask in disbelief. "Come on, you uh ... you could ... well," despite your best efforts, you can't help stumbling a little at this unexpected line of conversation. "Rainbow Dash, any guy in town would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend."

"So, what about you?"

You can only respond with a confused stare.

"If things were different," she starts uncertainly, "If ... you never met Pinkie Pie, do you think you'd ever consider maybe--"

"Go out with you? Yeah, 'In my dreams,' right, Dash?" you laugh.

You feel a shift on your back, only to find yourself suddenly tackled into the tall grass beside the road. You look up, under the shadow of an elderberry bush, into the misty eyes of Rainbow Dash.

"So, let's just pretend," she says, her voice throaty and trembling with unshed tears. "W-we can pretend that I'm your girlfriend. And you're my boyfriend and you l- … you love ..."

Her mane falls into her eyes as her body shakes with her quiet sobs. "Dash ..." you reach up to the pretty young mare standing over you, brushing away her choppy hair from her face, only to have your hoof caught in hers, and hugged tightly against her tear covered cheek. Your mind is racing, leaving you uncertain of how long you lie there, too shocked to speak as your friend dries her eyes with your hoof, her tears dripping onto your chest.

"Dash, you're my best friend," you manage to say, "you're Pinkie's best friend, you can't--"

"I know! That's what makes it so hard!" she cries. "I love you guys, you know, and I want you to be happy or whatever but -b-but why," she calms herself, meeting your eyes, sniffling and roughly wiping her cheek before she continues, "why can't you look at me the way you look at her?"

You honestly don't know how to respond, not that you get a chance to try anyway. Rainbow Dash swiftly lowers her head, her expression a mixture of panic and desire.

"But can't we pretend? So I'll know what it's like? J-just for a little while ..."

With that, her mouth crashes into yours, crushing your lips together almost painfully. It's rough and hungry, the inexpert act of a desperate young mare who's never been kissed before. Her tears continue to fall, even she continues the harsh contact, her head tilting to the side, her mouth moving, biting, pulling at your lips, her breaths heavy with emotion. You feel her tongue in your mouth, warm, and soft, the hot flesh sliding about, pressing every surface of your own as her breath and yours begin to mix.

But then, just as suddenly as it began, the kiss ends. Rainbow Dash drops her face against your shoulder, her forelegs thrown about your neck. "I'm sorry," she quietly weeps, her teeth and eyelids clenched, "I'm sorry! I didn't- I ..."

Even if you know it'll probably make things worse, you can't help but wrap your forelegs around her. "It's okay, Dash. I'm not mad or anything. Everything's gonna be fine," you whisper, gently stroking her back.

"No it's not," she sniffs, "I've messed everything up now! It's just, when I see you with Pinkie ... I mean, I r-really like being with you, you know? But you'll never ..."

She clings to you as she trails off, silently trying to dry her tears on your mane.

As you hold her, you begin to understand just how much you need this proud, spontaneous, hotheaded mare in your life. If things had been different … If things had been different, maybe you two could have been together. If you had met her first, if you had known earlier how she felt ...

But you can only sigh, because you didn't know. And now? You know you're completely in love Pinkie Pie. You can't imagine your world without her. But Dash ...

Can you really only love one of them?

As you cast your melancholy eyes to the sky, perhaps hoping to lose yourself in the clouds but knowing that you'll only be reminded of the bright blue pony lying on top of you, you find the last thing you'd ever have expected to see.

“Pinkie!?"