• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,694 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,694

End Of The World: The Final Fight

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's never easy to punish someone you care for. I had to fight someone I cared for. I still have nightmares from banishing my sister to the moon, so of course I knew right away that I wouldn't have a good sleep for months.

This is when I had to do the hardest thing I ever had to do. Defeat Twilight Sparkle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our final battle began, and at the get-go, I was getting overpowered. The waves of magic we had fired at each other clashed into the other, creating creating a large ball of magic in between us and we kept on firing our attacks into it, trying surpass the other in power. As Twilight Star's attack intensified, the ball moved closer and closer to me, as I was unable to push it back. The only reason I wasn't defeated immediately was because Rarity was still supplying me with magic with Magic Drain.

"Twilight...you can still...stop this!" I told her. "It's not too late."

"THE WORLD SHALL BE DESTROYED AS PLANNED! AND YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE!"

She didn't even remembered her original goal anymore. The idea of her destroying the world by accident must've stuck into her head. I tried to use that to encourage me to defeat her, but even then, my powers were already at their limits. It seemed like I had already failed.

At the time, Rainbow Dash and Applejack had finally returned to the tower, where they saw Rarity helping me with the fight.

"Okay, clearly we missed something here." Applejack said.

"Umm, guys? Where's Fluttershy?" Pinkie Pie asked, remembering Twilight saying something about Fluttershy.

This created a moment of silence, as neither Rainbow Dash nor Applejack wanted to say anything to remind them of what happened. Pinkie Pie didn't even need an answer. She just expected the worst.

"AAAHHH! It hurts..."

Reminding the other three of the situation with her screams of pain, the others saw Rarity suffer as she continuously took in magic and transferred it to me. Doing it at the pace she was doing, simultaneously for that matter, is unbelievably stressful for a common unicorn like herself. The stress from all that magic had began to make one of her eyes bleed again, but like me, she was near her limit.

"Come on, Rarity!" Pinkie Pie said as she jumped onto the Arcane Pedestal with Rarity. "We're depending on you!"

"I...can't...darling...I'm too weak..."

"She's right. All of us alone could never stop Twilight. Not even the Princess." Rainbow Dash said.

"Why would you say such a thing?" Applejack asked.

In response, Rainbow Dash flew over to Rarity's side, just like Pinkie Pie, and began to help her stand up. Incidentally, her body was also absorbing some of the magic, which greatly reduced the stress on Rarity. She seemed to of noticed this and started to increase the strength of the Magic Drain and magic transferring spells.

"Oh, I see what you're doing, Sugarcube."

Seeing her friends still need the help, Applejack jumped onto the pedestal as well to keep Rarity standing. At this time, the power I was receiving was beyond anything I had ever felt before. I could feel the strength that the group of friends had, and I could feel the magic they were supplying me. Using this strength and magic, I was able to fight back, and pushed the magic towards Twilight Star. The fight was finally looking my way.

"EVEN IF YOU SPOIL YOURSELF WITH THE MAGIC THAT BELONGS TO ME, YOU STAND NO CHANCE AGAINST MY POWER!"

"Even if I don't have the power you have, as long as your friends still believe in us and never give up, good will prevail."

"SHEER STUPIDITY. THE GREATER GOOD FOR EQUESTRIA WILL ONLY COME OUT OF DESTROYING IT! AS THE PRINCESS YOU'VE APPOINTED ME TO BECOME, IT IS MY DUTY TO PROTECT AND DESTROY THIS LAND!"

Not one word out of all that made even a little bit of sense, but even then, it drove her further to win. Her magic once again started to overpower me, as well as grow more and more unstable. Even if I could keep her attack from reaching me, the moment she would reach her limited would've meant the end to all of us, and that would include Equestria.

As her powers began to intensify, the attack began to reach closer to me. Even with Twilight's friends helping me, I was losing. It was also at this point that I noticed something scary. Twilight Star's face, of all things, started to crack. I don't mean crack like going crazy, since she was already there, but I mean it cracked. Cracked like it was made of glass. This was a sign that that the magic was too much of a strain on even her body. It was a sign that she was close to self-destructing. She had to be defeated before that, but I saw no chance to do it.

"I don't get it." Rarity said. "I'm giving her all I can give, but it's not working."

"Keep it up! Don't lose hope!" Applejack said.

As each of them continued to lend their strength, the Elements of Harmony they were each wearing started to react. The Element of Magic, which long since fell off my head, having no owner at the time, lied nearby without such a thing happening. Far away from the tower though, the Element of Kindness, worn by the fallen Fluttershy, was also reacting. When the light of it glowed up to its brightest, it was removed from Fluttershy's neck and blasted off towards the tower.

As the fight dragged on and on, Rainbow Dash began to lose hope, fearing that it was the end. It was then that she felt something trying to hold her body up, much like how she and the others were holding up Rarity. Much to her surprise, she was seeing an apparition of Fluttershy, smiling at Rainbow Dash, with the only part of her solid being the Element of Kindness. If she wasn't already helping with a life or death battle, Dash probably would've screamed.

"We can still save her. Don't give up."

Despite having been killed, Fluttershy still had hope that they can save Twilight Sparkle. Although confused by what was happening, Rainbow Dash is ultimately touched by Fluttershy's kindness and continues to help her friends, with Fluttershy helping in spirit (no pun intended). The will power of the five helped greatly, as I was able to stop being pushed back. But it still wasn't enough for me to fight back.

"EVEN WITH MORE POWER THEN YOU'VE EVER HAD, YOU HAVE YET TO SURPASS ME! NOR WILL YOU EVER!" Twilight Star said as her wings began to crack.

"I don't have to be stronger then you Twilight." I said to her. "I just have to beat you. We ALL have to beat you."

"YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN?" Twilight asked as more of her body cracked like glass. "YOU ARE UP AGAINST THE FACE OF A GOD! YOU ALONE ARE WEAK!"

As hard as it was for me to say it..."You're right. I am weak. I will not deny that. That is why..."

I had to think of what I was about to say very carefully, because it almost came out In a way I didn't actually mean. Then, after choosing my words carefully, I said exactly what I meant.

"That is why I chose Twilight Sparkle as my successor. You, Twilight Star, are not the student I taught, and are not the true heir to my throne. She is the one I trust the most, and she is the one I am most proud of. For the sake of my home, my student's honor, and her best friend's lives, I will show you where true magic comes from!"

At that point, the Element of Magic let out a bright glow as it laid on the ground. The light was noticed by the group on the pedestal, which caught them all by surprise. There, from the light, they see a second apparition walking towards them. The one who they had been fighting was walking towards them, wearing the Element of Magic on her head. This was the REAL Twilight Sparkle. The one the other five spent years befriending. Even she wanted Twilight Star destroyed for the sake of her home.

As the the group had finally been reunited, even if two of them were not really there, a miracle had occurred. As the six clumped in together to give Rarity support, each of their Elements activated. One by one, the Elements of Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Generosity, and Loyalty united together with the Element of Magic. As the six elements combined, they fired a powerful blast off magic towards me, greatly amplifying my powers. Enough so to have my magical attack finally overpower Twilight Star's, to the point where I was actually able to walk forward to push on the attack.

"IM...IMPOSSIBLE! I HAVE ALL THE MAGIC IN THE WORLD! I AM THE GOD OF MAGIC! HOW CAN YOU HAVE SO MUCH OF IT YOURSELF?"

"Twilight Star, you have no such thing." I said to her. "Twilight Sparkle, the real you, understood that true magic doesn't just come from from taking it with the Arcane Tower. Real magic comes from friendship. It's her friendship with the others that gave her the strength to do the impossible. The Elements of Harmony are used to turn that friendship directly into magic. The stronger their friendship, the stronger their magic. And this magic, that I'm using right now, is coming from that same friendship! Do you doubt their power? Then allow me to prove where the true power of magic comes from!"

Feeling the friendship coming from Twilight's friends, all of whom have stayed loyal enough to believe in her until the bitter end, my magic was able to completely overcome Twilight Star's attack, completely engulfing her with a power wave of magic.

"NO! NOOO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I AM THE TRUE QUEEN OF MAGIC! THE DESTROYER OF THE WORLD! I AM THE RULER OF THIS WORLD!"

"The madness ends now, Twilight Star. Give back my best friend!" I had ordered.

The magic that had been unleashed started to destroy the blob of magic that Twilight Star called her body, and the magic within started to escape as beams of light, as her body got consumed by the final attack. Then came the results that I didn't even consider beforehoof.

The magic within Twilight Star's unstable began to react with the magic from the Elements of Harmony, forming a ball of rainbow colored magic, encasing Twilight's body. At the peak of its power, it released a massive explosion of light. The light consumed me, Twilight's friends, and the entire tower. We all thought that it was the end of us all, especially when dome of light released a massive surge of magic which quickly spread throughout Equestria, filling the sky with rainbows.

I wasn't entirely sure what had happened at that moment. All I knew was that Twilight Star, the abomination of magic, was finally destroyed.

Author's Note:

Okay, I put in a lot of effort into this one. I hope I did good.

Please comment. :)