• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,430 Views, 29 Comments

From Earth to Equus: An Utterly Impossible Oddesy - CarmenColor



The magic of friendship is a powerful thing. Don't ever forget that.

  • ...
9
 29
 1,430

A Man with a Foolish Grin

​I think I passed out. I think everyone passed out. No, scratch that. Everypony passed out. I recognized the ponies around me as my classmates and teacher. They were all still unconscious. I flexed my wings gently a few minutes before the realization dawned on me. I looked back at my rainbow feathers. Just the way I had imagined them. They were so soft and silky, but that isn't what I was thinking about at the moment.

​​I was a Pegasus, or at least part Pegasus. I could fly! I tested my new wings with a short little flight over one of my classmates. I stumbled as I landed, ending up in a heap on the floor. I stood and brushed myself off. These hooves were weird. I stumbled over to my teacher as he stirred, and I folded my wings neatly at my sides. The top layer of feathers were blue, so I just looked like a normal...alicorn...except that alicorns are not normal.

​"What happened?" Mr. B asked rubbing his head with his hoof. He touched his unicorn horn and blinked uncomprehendingly. "What's on my head?" I giggled slightly, and he looked over at me for the first time. He jumped in surprise, stumbling on his own deep blue hooves. His glasses skewed. "What am I? Carmen? What are you? What is everyone?" It was just like Mr. B to react like this.

​"We...We're all ponies. You're a unicorn, Mr. B." I looked around at the ponies around me. A few of them were starting to regain consciousness. "This doesn't look like Equestria, though." He stared at me.

​"Equestria? Where on Earth is that?" I smiled.

​"Equestria isn't on Earth, Mr. B. It's on Equus." He stared at me, his expression mixed with horror and wonderment at the same time. Then he fainted. I suddenly remembered my friends, and wobbly left the classroom as my classmates began to awaken. I didn't want to explain things to everyone. I wanted to find my friends. To see if it worked. I burst into Sam's room. I recognized the grey coated alicorn as my friend. It had worked for Sam. She was awake, trying to walk properly. "Sam!" I stumbled over to her, still unable to properly use my hooves. "Oh, thank Celestia!" I knew that none of them were going to understand that, but if I was a pony now, I might as well talk like one. I ran back out of the room, eager to see what had happened to my other friends. I was getting better at using my hooves.

​After checking on Mal, as well as a few other friends, I only had one other pony to find. Chance. I knew he'd seen My Little Pony. He even liked the show. I finally found him, his golden curls poofing out around a face adorned with the most Pinkie-like smile I had seen besides Pinkie Pie herself. I had made him an alicorn. I had to. His coat was a chestnut color with deep brown on his hooves. His horn and wings were visible, and I was kinda proud of the job I did on his feathers. They were a shade of cream that blended into the chestnut layer by layer. It was a nice color scheme for him.

​He saw me standing there and squealed, and I mean actually squealed. Like a little school filly. Then he hugged me. I stood there, statue still, as he hopped up and down.

​"We're ponies! We're ponies! This is so great! I'm an alicorn! Oh, so are you! This is so great! It's like a miracle! Carmen, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me!" I laughed as he released me, and he cocked his head, the same foolish grin piercing through my eyes into my soul. He was so happy.

​"I'm glad, Chance, but I don't think everypony is as happy as you." I trotted out of the room, with him on my heels. "This is my fault, you know. I cast the spell that did this, but I don't know everything that it did. I mean, this still looks like our school."

​"It is, my little pony. This is your school. It and several towns around this one have been transported to Equestria." Chance and I bowed quickly, recognizing the Solar Princess. Celestia laughed. "There will be no need for that. We are all of equal stature, as you can see.

​"So we're really here? In Equestria? Oh, that's amazing! Oh, wonderful! Just wonderful!" I jumped up and down. "But we're really not of equal stature, Princess Celestia. You're way older than us. We don't even have cutie marks! We're still kids." I looked at my blank flank, wondering what on Equus it might be adorned with in the future.

​"But, where are we, exactly? This is still our town. It's not Ponyville or Canterlot or anything, so where are we?" Chance asked. The thought struck me as well. He was right.

​"This town is only a few miles from Ponyville. I'm sure that you can get some help if you need to go anywhere else. I must get back to Canterlot. Good luck, my little ponies, and I hope to see you again soon." Celestia disappeared in a flash of white light. I didn't even hesitate to run for the nearest door outside. I heard Chance following me, but his hoof steps faltered a lot and I got quite far ahead of him. I opened any doors I came to with magic. It got easier each time. Finally, I burst through the front doors of the school and stopped. I didn't know what direction to go. Chance caught up to me in a minute, tumbling over me.

​"What do you think you're doing?" he asked. I didn't answer. I just opened my wings. He stared at the multicolored pattern below the plain blue feathers. I gave them a test flap before take off into the sky.

​Flying was easy for the pegasi. Most of them were born with the know how, but just had to wait for their wings to develop. Mine were already grown and ready for my first real flight. The feathers seemed to catch the Sun's rays, causing a rainbow of light, and I could feel...something. It was as if the Sun was there with me. It was odd. Little did I know that Celestia was watching me. Watching the Rainbow.

​Watching true color return to Equestria.