• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 900 Views, 10 Comments

Love's Bloom - Noble_Dreams



A Twi-Dash FAnfiction. BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN DONE YET. :I

  • ...
13
 10
 900

Recovery

“Is she going to be OK?” Asked Twilight, trying to peer over the shoulders of the nurses and Doctors surrounding her friend.
“We don't know, and we won't be able to tell until we see how much of the toxin is inside her body” Said Nurse Redheart, a touch of sympathy in her voice.
“Well, do the tests then!” Demanded Twilight, the impatience in her voice obvious. She didn't want Rainbow to go, not before she had a chance to tell her how she felt.
“It would be easier, Ms. Sparkle, if you weren't shadowing us all the time.” Replied one of the Doctors, a hint of exasperation in his voice. One of the Nurses took Twilight out to the waiting room. “We'll come get you when we've done all the tests to see if your friend is going to make it.” The nurse told her, not looking Twilight in the eye.
“What am I supposed to do for now?” Twilight asked, her voice starting to fade out
“Take a nap, read a book, I don't know. Figure something out.” Said the nurse. Twilight sighed, and opened her saddlebag, pulling out a book. She started to read, and soon fell asleep.
* * *
“Ms. Sparkle? Wake up, Ms. Sparkle. You can go see your friend now.” A Doctor Said, nudging her with his hoof.
“Whusgoinon?” Slurred Twilight, still half asleep. “Is she OK?”
“Well...” The Doctor trailed off, not looking Twilight in the eye, “We... don't expect her to make it through the night. She's awake right now, but she's in a lot of pain. The Manticore's tail severed part of her spinal column, she might never walk again, if she does live.”
“I... what? What do you... no... I... this can't be!” Twilight said, disbelief in her voice. “I... I have to go see her. Where is she?”
“She's in room 302.” The Doctor said, sorrow in his voice, knowing it foolish to attempt to stop her.
“Thank you.” Twilight took off at a quick pace, dodging around various pieces of hospital equipment, trying to be as fast and safe as possible. She gets to the room, looking in; she sees Rainbow is hooked up to various pieces of machinery, which monitor everything about her. Twilight goes into the room, and sits on the chair next to Rainbow’s bed, her eyes tearing up. “I... they said you can’t hear me, but if you can, I want you to know, I... I love you. I’ve loved you ever since we met, I love your daring attitude, I love how you never let anypony down, I love the way you cut your mane, and I love how you are always there, whenever anypony needs you. I love YOU. And, I just... I can’t imagine a world where you’re gone, please... PLEASE... pull through this... I... I can’t live without you...” She trails off, her eyes starting to tear up. She rests her head on Rainbow’s chest, feeling it rise and fall with each shallow breath, her heartbeat faint. Twilight remembers reading a book on controversial magic, and she saw a spell that can heal anypony of anything, but there would be a high likelihood that the healed pony will become a vegetable, unable to speak or function properly by themselves. “Is it really my decision to make? I don’t want to turn her into a mindless husk of a pony, but... I can’t... I can’t LIVE without her... I... I’m going to do it.” Thought Twilight, picking up her head. She trots over to the door and shuts it, locking it in the process. When she returns to Rainbow’s bedside, her horn starts to glow as she begins the complex spell, she touches it to Rainbow’s forehead, letting the flow of magic into Rainbow’s body, it flows into every fiber of Rainbow’s being, repairing her spinal column, and removing the bone fragments from her lungs. The spell ebbs off, completed, and Twilight falls over, unconscious.
* * *
“Where... where am i?” asks Twilight, opening her eyes. She takes in her surroundings, and realizes she’s in ponyville hospital, she looks to see if she has any roommates, and she’s amazed by the sight she sees. To her left, is a familiar Rainbow Maned Pegasus, reading a book.
“You’re in the hospital, apparently you passed out or something when you came to see me.” Said Rainbow, not looking up from her book.
“You’re... but they said...” Twi spluttered, not believing that she had managed to pull of the spell without permanently damaging her friend.
“They told me it was miraculous, as if somepony had healed me overnight. Whoever it was, i thank them greatly.” Said Rainbow, knowing who it probably was.
“Were you able to hear anything that was said while you were... hurt?” Asked Twilight, suddenly worried
“Yes, and, I love you too, Twilight.” Said Rainbow, closing her book. “I love the way you’re always so organized, and how you’re so smart, and you’re always studying and doing what you love, and how you always...” She trails off, starting to blush. “Who’d’ve thought all this because of a flower!” said Twi, starting to giggle.
“I know, who would have thought that if we’d just told each other sooner; then we might have been able to avoid this.“ said Rainbow, also starting to giggle.
The nurse comes in pushing a tray “Lunch time for Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle” She says, taking off the trays and giving one to each of the ponies.
“Let’s see... a salad... Some apple slices... Ooh, Gelatin!” they both say, in almost perfect unison, they then look at each other, and start laughing. The Nurse rolls her eyes, and pushes the cart out of the room.
“So, Twilight, what’s your favorite flavor of Popsicle?” asks Rainbow Dash, trying to make light conversation
“Blue Raspberry. Yours?” Twi says, almost seductively
“Grape.” Dash answers, blushing.
“What’s the first thing that you’re gonna do when you get out of here, Dash?” Asked Twilight, truly curious as to her friend’s plans.
“Well, we never did finish collecting all that Love’s Bl- i mean, Cloud Bloom.” Rainbow Corrects herself, before she goes too far. “Were you about to call it... Love’s Bloom?” Asked Twilight
“Yes, I was. That’s what it was called in Cloudsdale.” Said Rainbow, blushing.
“I think that’s a perfect name for it, judging by the effects... now, do the effects take place on any pony in proximity to it, or anypony who sees it, or how do they take effect?” Twi asked, dropping into learning mode
“Why don’t we find out for ourselves and gather some?” Asked Rainbow Dash, her face turning red again.
“That sounds like a good plan to me!” Said Twilight, as she started to giggle