• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 2,166 Views, 46 Comments

Fate After Failure - Antisocialtwilight



AU: Aftermath of Mane 6 not getting cutie marks like before because Rainbow Dash fails her Rainboom.

  • ...
6
 46
 2,166

Pinkamena

Fate After Failure

Chapter 3: Pinkamena

“Pinkamena, we’re done for today, get inside.” Her mother said to her in her usual monotone.

Pinkamena Diane Pie was more downhearted than usual, and she wasn’t ready to go inside just yet.

“I’m going for a walk, Ma, I’ll be home later.” She said, just in case she was actually listening. She wasn’t, and Pinkamena left quietly. She didn’t have any place in mind, but she didn’t feel like sticking around her family, knowing that, unlike many families, their presence around her would only make her feel worse. She didn’t get the same warmness from her family as other fillies her age did.

The landscape didn’t help like she thought it would, everything around her either being a rock or dead, like the trees. The
deserted land which the family rock farm had been built looked how she felt: desolate, cold, and dead. Like the stones her
family farmed, she was just there, never smiling, never being happy; this was her own purgatory.

Pinkamena kept walking, but in the back of her mind, she knew she’d have to walk back, so she didn’t want to walk too far. She kept thinking of how things could be different, if she was different, if her life was different. If only she didn’t have to live
on this farm, day after day, just to survive.

By sunset, Pinkamena had reached a nearby cliff when she saw something that piqued her interest, though she didn’t know why. It was a large boulder, at least three times as big as she was. But her gut told her there was something more to it. What was so special about this boulder?

As she neared it, she noticed a small twinkle on the rock as the glimmer of the last rays of sunlight hit its side.

I should roll this home, she thought, not wanting to leave it there, feeling an attachment to it.

Pinkamena went on the other side of the rock, and used her hind legs to push the boulder on its side. It was lighter than she expected, it didn’t take nearly as much force as she thought it would to roll it over.

The boulder fell slowly, like a tree cut by a lumberjack, and Pinkamena felt like it was minutes before it hit the ground. When it finally collapsed, it cracked open with a loud bang. When she saw what was inside, Pinkamena was astounded at what she beheld: inside the boulder were what seemed to be hundreds of rare gems, filling the rock from top to bottom, stacked on top of each other.

Pinkamena’s eyes grew wide at the sight, seeing in each gemstone a hope she had never felt before.

Her heart pumped as she raced back home, her heart racing with hope, her mind racing with possibilities.

Now things will change! She thought, not knowing how many different ways she was right.

End of Chapter 3

To Be Continued...