• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 2,162 Views, 46 Comments

Fate After Failure - Antisocialtwilight



AU: Aftermath of Mane 6 not getting cutie marks like before because Rainbow Dash fails her Rainboom.

  • ...
6
 46
 2,162

Rainbow Dash

Fate After Failure

Chapter 1: Rainbow Dash

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria…

Rainbow Dash was losing. She hated losing.

After she had caught the usual bullies picking on Fluttershy, she had finally decided she’d heard enough. So, Rainbow Dash made a deal with the bullies: if she could beat them in a race, they would leave Fluttershy alone. Unfortunately, they were faster than she thought, and she quickly found herself losing the two bullies.

Need to go faster! Dash thought I can’t lose!

THWACK!

“Later, Rainbow Crash!” one of the bullies said, slamming into her before speeding off.

“Hey!” Dash said, preparing a nosedive to the ground to catch up.

Come on, Dash, She thought. I can’t lose! Not now! Can’t let Fluttershy down!

Unbeknownst to the bullies, she was catching up, and fast! But how long could Rainbow Dash keep up this speed? How long before this filly tired and slowed?

Gotta…gotta catch up… she thought, her mind slowing from dehydration.

Rainbow Dash began to pant and heave in her breathing, her mind willing but her body unable to continue on as she started losing control of her wings. She was careening out of control, as the bullies were speeding to the finish line.

Can’t…I can’t lose…Not now! Tree! She swerved to avoid an apple tree, and another, and another.

I think this is the end of the forest…If can just reach the sky again! She thought as she reached a clearing. Just at the end of the clearing, however, was the Apple family barn, and Rainbow Dash was going much too fast to pull up in time!
CRASH!

With two crashes, Rainbow Dash broke through the walls of the fragile barn, causing it to collapse within seconds of the impact.

“Oh no! What have I done?!” Rainbow Dash yelled, exasperated and exhausted. “I gotta to get back to Cloudsdale before they find out it was me!”

“Oh no you don’t! Cloudsdale PD, I saw the whole thing!” A police-pony said. “Racing, speeding, destruction of private property; do you have any idea how much trouble you’re in? You’re lucky nopony was hurt!”

“I-I’m sorry, it won’t happen again!” Dash said.

“No, I’m sorry; for something like this-” he waved his hoof at the remains of the barn “I can’t let you off with a warning. I’m gonna have to bring you in.”

The next few days were a blur to Rainbow Dash, because she was crying for most of it. She remembers her parents talking with the police, getting dressed up for the court hearing, and being found guilty and sentenced to Cloudsdale Juvenile Correctional Facility.

She had never felt more alone than the first few nights in the CJCF.

End of Chapter 1

To be continued…