• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 601 Views, 3 Comments

Beyond Betrayal - Rarostar95



An adventure story, with a hint of violence, romance and drama sprinkled in there.

  • ...
 3
 601

The split

Rainbow Dash and Razor found themselves walking for quite some time, slowed down by Razors pain and not having the slightest clue where they were going. Razor then took his hoof off of Rainbow Dash’s shoulder and sat down slowly on the hard, rocky ground.
“Face it, we’re dead. We’re completely lost we’ve got no food or water, I can’t see a damn thing and I feel like crap,” Razor moaned as he whinnied in pain.
“Where the hell were you anyway? You were gone for ages,” Razor asked Rainbow Dash.
Rainbow Dash sighed. “We just got lost ok… I-I went off, to get some water and when I came back Dr. Ringer was gone. He said he’d be there by the river”.
“Why did you need water anyway? We had plenty already,” Razor said as his tone began to get more aggressive. Rainbow said nothing. She then turned away looking into the pitch black cave in front of her, desperately trying to think of a way to fix everything. She then sighed again and sat down beside Razor.
“Here, let me take a look at that,” She said to him.
“Its fine, I’ll live,” Razor said in a strenuous tone. He knew that it wasn’t fine but refused to look weak in front of Rainbow Dash.
“I just can’t believe this has happened. I can’t believe I thought it would be a good idea to come on this stupid journey, I mean what was I thinking, I have absolutely n-. Razor was quickly interrupted by Rainbow Dash who leaned over and kissed him. The kiss was long and as it was happening a small tear trickled down Razors face. He was not quite sure it was because of the pain, or the fact that he had been fantasising about this since he was a filly. Rainbow Dash then eventually leaned away from him. Both of them said nothing but just looked into each others eyes for a while. Just as Razor leaned away from her, the map of the journey fell out of his bag and an extra parchment folded out from it.
“Hey, I forgot I had this,” Razor said. He then picked up the map with his hooves and opened the secret piece of parchment.
“I don’t remember ever seeing this part though,” He said as he opened it even further.
“Oh. My…” he said as he stared carefully at the complicated looking sheet.
“What’s that?” Rainbow Dash asked him.
“There’s some kind of, challenges we have to do. Three of them,” Razor said as he tried to deceiver the pictures.
“The first one looks like some kind of giant stone door. Err, the second one, once through that door, looks like a sort of password is needed for it. But I’ve never seen that language before”.
“What about there?” Rainbow Dash said as she pointed to a sort of code on the sheet.
“Yeah, that must be what we have to put in. And the third-” Razor was then interrupted by a voice coming out of the darkness.
“Somepony, anypony?” the voice said. It was Twilight.
“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash screamed as she jumped up and ran over to hug her.
“Boy are we glad to see you,” Rainbow informed her.
“Yeah, me too. What the heck happened to you two?” Twilight asked.
“It’s a long story,” Rainbow said. “But Razor here broke his wing and we’ve just been stuck here. Do you know the way out?” Rainbow Dash asked her.
“Yeah sure, it’s where I just came from. That way,” She said as she pointed down the tunnel.
“Wait, I thought Fluttershy was with you?” Razor asked.
“She was but we got separated,” Twilight replied.
“I thought Raro was with you?”
“We got separated,” Razor said back to her. The tunnel went silent for a second.
“Well C’mon anyway, we have to find the others, Twilight said as she leaned down to help Razor up. The three ponies then set off into the darkness where Twilight was almost certain where she was going. As the three of them finally left the cave, the sunlight painfully hit all their eyes and it took a while for their sight to recover.
“So… where to now,” Rainbow Dash asked. Meanwhile, Raro was happy to have found Fluttershy as was she to have found Raro. They were both still stuck in the caves and neither of them said anything as the fear had almost completely taken over them. Both Pegasi were feeling the same things and were too afraid to suggest anything.
“How are we going to get out of here?” Raro asked impatiently.
“I don’t know Raro, I’m just happy to be with somepony, that’s all,” Fluttershy said. Both of them carried on walking. Just then, there was a small thud that came from the darkness.
“What was that?” Raro said quickly and cautiously as he huddled up close to Fluttershy. She gave him an un-amused look and he quickly scurried away from her.
“I mean err, I wonder was that was?” Raro said in an attempt to put on a brave voice. Both of them continued walking. Raro kept looking at her, and then at the ground again. The courage finally came over him to say something.
“You know Fluttershy; I’ve always kind of… Liked you,” he said in a slow and steady voice.
“Rea-really?” she replied.
“Yeah” he said. “Ah who am I kidding, I’ve liked you the minute a laid my eyes on you. But a beautiful Pegasus like you and a stupid pony like me-” Fluttershy stopped him.
“I actually think you’re quite cute,” Fluttershy said right up to his ear in a quiet voice. Raro’s face then went as red as Razor. Just then Bamboo came running out from the darkness.
“Oh thank Equestria. I found somepony,” Bamboo said with a giant smile on his face.
“Bamboo?” Fluttershy said as she squinted her eyes in the darkness to confirm that it was him.
“Hey, Fluttershy!” Bamboo said as he ran up to her and hugged her softly and quickly. Raro’s face turned to stone as he evilly glanced at Bamboo. The two of them then ceased their hugging and walked off together, leaving Raro standing there alone with an extremely bland face.
“Well C’mon then Raro, lets get out of here already. This place gives me the creeps,” Bamboo said to him as his walking became slower to give Raro a chance to catch up. After a while of dark, mindless walking, they made it out of the caves and back into the forest.
“Well this place isn’t that better than those caves, but at least I can see now,” Raro said as he put a hoof to his face to shield his eyes from the blinding sun.
“So, where to now?” Fluttershy asked them.
“Well-” Raro said before he was interrupted by Bamboo.
“I think we should go back to our ‘checkpoint’ where we rested, maybe the others will be there,” Bamboo suggested.
Raro sighed quietly to himself. “I guess it’s worth a shot” He said. Razor, Twilight and Rainbow Dash all had absolutely no idea where they could find the others. However Raro and Fluttershy had one advantage; they had Bamboo to guide them. As they were walking, Raro was constantly shouting out into the forest hoping that somepony would answer him. Razor was doing the same and although the two groups were not that far from each other, they felt like they would never find each other. Razor was growing weaker by the minute and feared that if he didn’t get aid from Dr. Ringer soon that he would not make it to see the potion at all. Fluttershy jumped at every small sound, Bamboo was trying his best to lead the way even though Razor had the map, and Raro was just stuck in his own little world as per usual. The sun was now getting dimmer and dimmer and although Bamboo had some equipment for camping, Dr. Ringer still had all the rest of the equipment and weaponry, and Razor, with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, had nothing but a map, water, food and some tent pegs. Bamboo stopped in front of Raro and Fluttershy who both clanged their heads together as they came to a halt. Bamboo turned around to face them both.
“I’ll be the one to say it guys; if we don’t find everypony else before the day is out then I think we’ll have to camp here tonight,” Bamboo said to them both. Both of them nodded but said nothing. Just as Raro was about to say something, they all heard a shouting coming from the distance.
“Raro, Bamboo?” Razor shouted from a far. Neither of them could see each other but Raro shouted back anyway.
“RAZOR,” he shouted at the top of his voice. He then took off like a rocket in the direction he was shouting. They both continued calling each others names again and again until they finally met in the middle in an open space surrounded by a circle of trees.
“Razor,” Raro said to him as the others came rushing behind him to greet the rest. Fluttershy immediately ran up to Twilight and Rainbow Dash who were behind Razor.
“Jeez Razor, what the hell happened to your wing?” Raro asked him with concern.
“I fell down a hole and broke it,” Razor replied in pain. Raro then peaked over his shoulder to examine the mangled wing.
“We need to get you help,” Raro suggested.
“Yes… I know,” Razor said in an un-amused tone.
“Wait, you guys aren’t with Dr. Ringer and his ponies?” Twilight asked Raro, Bamboo and Fluttershy. “No,” Bamboo replied. “I just assumed he was with you”. Everypony then went silent and all had looks of worry on their faces.
“It doesn’t matter anyway; it’ll be dark soon so we need to get moving. Razor, you’ll just have to hang in there,” Bamboo said to them all as Razor gave him a look of disappointment. Bamboo then took the map from Razors bag.
“Now there’s a small area of empty land a few miles ahead of us, so I say we head for there and make camp. Ok?” Bamboo asked them all. Everypony nodded in agreement.
“Let’s do this,” Raro said. So as they all sprung into action and Razor denied help from Raro as he slowly started walking, they set of for the last part of their journey which they would all be happy to see come to an end… especially Razor. Night was almost upon them now and the sun was barley visible anymore. The sky was a bright red as were the clouds that coated the sky. After a long while of Walking, they finally made it to the empty, green patch of land in the middle of the Forest. They were all happy to be there after a long day, but the happiest of them all was Bamboo who was glad to see that he was leading them in the right direction. They all flung their things to the ground and began to set up camp with just the two small tents they had. It was completely dark now, and Twilight was the last one still up, just finishing of some touches on their tent that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had already made themselves comfy in. Raro, Bamboo and Razor all slept in the other tent just after they got a quick bite to eat. Razor was by far the least uncomfortable. No matter how hard he tried, Razor couldn’t sleep. He wing was too much of a nuisance for him. He couldn’t sleep on his back, and he hated sleeping on his front. He feared it was going to be a long night for him.