• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 1,087 Views, 20 Comments

Taking Flight - A PrinceWhateverer-Inspired Story - xCrossx



Soarin remembers how the Wonderbolts came to be the best fliers in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 20
 1,087

Chapter 4: Training Grounds

When we became adolescents, the labs were left behind. They gave us cheaper versions of the modern Wonderbolts uniforms, introducing us to the training grounds. Here is where we were forced to master all our moves.

They relentlessly drilled us, first making us perform every stunt flawlessly once, then making us repeat them over and over again. It wore us thin. The others lost themselves. But Spitfire and I pulled them in, unifying us into the disciplined wing we are known as today.

We quickly became what they wanted, but they weren’t done. They pushed and drugged us until we couldn’t be challenged. They also gave each of us something more during the surgeries they performed. I am clueless on what, but it couldn’t have been ethical or pre-tested.

At last, we weren’t able to be beaten. We are unchallengeable. We are the best. We are fake. We are a lie. All for the benefit of a scientist who only cares for the data, not her fellow ponies.