• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,277 Views, 9 Comments

SMITTEN - TheDudeWhoWasR3



A God. A being with power beyond imagination. But what happens when they are stranded?

  • ...
0
 9
 1,277

Prologue: Caustic combination

Caustic combination

Anubis sighed to himself. "Always dead when the minotaur goes." The battle had been won, As the enemy had surrendered.

He went to his normal spot in the temple, and just sat there, waiting for his next challenge. In the distance, he could clearly make out angered screams, and disgruntled voices. He decided to himself it was worth checking out. When he got in to the room from which the retched noises had been coming from, and there he saw some of his last match's enemies fighting with some of his former team mates. "WELL, MAYBE IF YOU NOT TOWER HUG ENTIRE TIME-" The disgruntled Ymir was cut off by Thor's hammer just barely missing his frozen face.

"WELL, AT LEAST I HAD THE COMMON SENSE TO NOT CHARGE IN AND SACRIFICE MYSLEF FOR NO REASON!" They got in each-other's faces, ready to kill one-another.

"Guys! Can't we all just agree that it was a good game?" Freya's attempts to calm the two were futile.

"NOBODY ASK YOU, YOU HAD WORST SCORE!" Ymir snapped back instantly.

"Excuse me?!" Freya was beginning to lose her fragile composure.

"YEAH, WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHILE I FOUGHT THIS FAT HUNK OF ICE YOU WHORE?!" Thor yelled in Freya's face. Now she was furious.

Anubis could tell by the look on her once neutral face. While the whole thing was going down, Anubis took note of the others in the room. Bakasura, the top scoring member of his team was quietly humming to himself in a corner, fiddling with his claws. He creeped Anubis out, but he could understand him better than all his team-mates nonetheless. His other team mate was Ra. Anubis could relate to him most since they both were egyptian, and had ruled the dead and sun along side each-other. He was cleaning his prized staff, as per usual. On the flip side, the opposing team had four members on the side-lines. Choosing to not get involved in the surprisingly, and ironically hot-headed Ymir's argument. First there was Ao kuang and Agni, the team's two ranged casters. They were both keeping to themselves, thinking deeply, obviously personal issues. Their other two, Bastet and Ares, were both a little more active. Bastet was caring for her prized tigers, and cleaning herself as well. Ares was inspecting his sword and shield, glaring at Thor. He had obviously been the one to cause the shield's new and obvious dent. He got up, with the intent to kill. At this very moment, it was if time stopped. All of the more argumentative gods got ready to strike.

Anubis took a second to lay the possible outcomes. One: The others join in and this becomes a little skirmish.
Highly unlikely. Two: They duke it out till death. Most likely outcome.
Three: Their spells create some sort of reaction, probably killing us all. About as possible as Ymir and Freya getting together.

Ymir raised his mighty club, aiming for a kill on both Freya, and the not so subtle Thor. Ares charged in, A vendetta against Thor as well, released a mighty chain from his gauntlet. Freya reacted quickly, and her hands began to glow and she readied herself to strike. Thor was already planning for this fated event, and lifted his hammer, lightning striking it less than gracefully. as all of them threw their mighty spells, they collided, making a chain reaction beyond belief. Ever god in the room looked up, noticing the now well forming anomaly. Are you fucking kidding me? The Anomaly, Now fully formed, began sucking in everything in the room. Those Idiots just made a rift in time and space! Anubis new this well before he was yanked in, The force almost un-bearable. The last thing he saw before he was pulled in, was the horrified faces of every innocent bystander, and then, darkness.

Anubis was barely awake. He was soon to be unconscious, and he knew it. As he gathered what he could before his imminent collapse, he hoped that his team-mates were okay. And importantly, that the slightly insane Bakasura wouldn't cause any forest fires while he was collapsed. The sun was high in the sky, and In the distance, the vivid and probable mirage that was a bright colored castle on a cliff.

Somewhere else...

The forest was silent. Dark. deep. And suddenly, a small hooded creature broke the silence, and screamed,
"Baka to da FUTURE!"




Author's Note
First fan fic- W00T. Please, tell me what you think. If this gets ANY good feedback, I will continue. (P.s. Anubis is best god)
Further in the story, I will tell different parts from the perspectives of Anubis's teammates. i.e. Baka, Freya, Thor, Ra.