• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 882 Views, 18 Comments

Following His Footsteps (Sequel to They'll Never Hear You) - ianv64



A sequel to my fic about a lonely depressed Colt named Axel

  • ...
1
 18
 882

Punishments

I woke up for school. They say the "New day" Feeling helps, however, for me it strengthened the pain I felt. The night before, I wrote out a punishment for myself. As soon as first period ended, it would be executed, and put into action.

I arrived to the school yard, and saw a large young mare stare at me with anger. Phase one of the plan. I looked away, and walked off, trying to ignore her. She got up, and pushed me slightly, getting my attention by force.

"Hey!" She said angrily. Phase two. I ignored her more.

"Hey, Princess!" She kept trying to get to me. I kept walking.

The bell rang, and I ran off. She got lost in the crowd of ponies going to class, and walked off.

I went to first period, and slept through it all. I got into class, and sat in the very back, as I always did, and put my head down, in between my hooves, and closed my eyes to go to sleep.

It felt like not even 5 minutes had passed with my eyes closed. A flashback came to me. It was a first person view, it was my dad as a teenager. I saw two police ponies, telling him that "She has no pulse, and we couldn't revive Scarlet. I'm sorry sir..."

I remember that I was named after my aunt. That must be how she died. It was never clear to me. My dad never told me.

After the flashback, I saw my dad for a quick second.

"You deserve better, honey. Don't do this." It was quick. He immediately faded, and my eyes opened as I heard the bell for second period. I saw that I had been tearing up as I slept. My hooves were wet, and my eyes were moist. I dried them up as fast as possible. When I walked out, the teacher looked at me. I looked back for just a second, and trotted off.

I felt a large force push me against the lockers. Oh yeah...The punishment. It's now inevitable, phase three. She held up her hoof and cocked it back, and aimed towards my face. I didn't resist. I closed my eyes, but it hurt really bad. She hit my cheek, and then kicked me upward towards the stomach. Tears flew down my eyes with every hit. I didn't sob, or even show sign of pain. I just took every strike. She ran out of energy it seemed,

"Don't EVER ignore me again! Got it?!" She said with her face so close to mine.

I glanced down, breaking eye contact. She walked off like nothing happened. I deserved this pain. I struggled to get up. No one helped, they just stared in shock, fear, and probably sympathy. I stumbled a couple times, but managed to regain balance. My wings were untouched. Phase four.

I walked off. No one said anything. I walked towards the door that led to the side of the school field. I pushed it open, and walked down the field and flexed my wings, and flew off.

My dad flashed into my head again. It was a voice.

"Don't do this." I kept flying

"Please...Your mother will never forgive herself."

"Scarlet, please, don't run away."

Tears flew down, as I accelerated. Every sentence brought more guilt. I couldn't take it

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!!" I flew as fast as I could. I sobbed to myself as I flew.

I got tired. I've been flying for at least 2 hours. I slowed down, and descended. I saw what seemed like Canterlot. Fancy, and colorful. I reached the ground. I didn't know anypony, so it could be easy to blend in. Except that I had bruises and obvious injuries from being beaten. I tried to walk again. It was a struggle. I stumbled for awhile. A couple ponies looked at me with concern.

"Honey, are you okay? What happened to you?" The trotted towards me. I was walking slower than I thought I was.

I lost it. I cried, and sobbed. My body collapsed as the world seemed to get blurry.

I suddenly saw a bright, city like place. It was glowing with glorious aura. Everything looked so happy. Pony children were playing with each other, and running around in pure joy. It wasn't like anything I've ever seen before. Could this be...Pony heaven? Am I just dreaming?

"Am I dreaming?" I said out loud, not aware of it. I felt a hoof touch my shoulder. It was dark blue, like a very familiar, kind pony that I knew.

"Technically, you are." It was my dad.

"Dad!" I turned around, and spread my hooves to hug him. However, right before we reached each other, I woke up.

"Thank goodness you're awake." Said a very divine voice. My vision still needed to focus.

"Wha...?" I was groaning, trying to become fully conscious.

"Are you okay, dear?" She said again. My vision finally cleared. I still thought I was crazy. The figure standing before me, was none other than princess Celestia.

"What?..." I was confused. I seemed to be in a hospital.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm okay I guess." I said softly.

"Good. I was worried about you." She said. Princess Celestia? Worried about...me? How?

"Wait...How were you worried about me? You don't know me...do you?" I asked raising an eye brow, with slight anxiety.

"I do." She began. "You're mother is also worried, as well as your brother."

"How long has it been?" I asked.

"Almost 3 days" She said. My eyes widened with fear.

"Wait, how do you know my mother?" I asked with concern.

"She writes me all the time. As well as her friends. She wrote me recently to help her find you." She said with sincerity.

"...And you answered?" I asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't just let one of the citizens of Equestria suffer If I can do something to help." Her and I fell silent.

"Oh, wait." She began. "I'm sure your mother would want to see this." She conjured a used piece of parchment, and unrolled it.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm scared. My daughter has been missing for almost two days now. No one knows where she went, or has any leads... I'm worried. My stomach turns, and I cry every time I try to think what could have happened to her. Please help me. If she's alive, I know you can find her... Please...I don't want to lose my daughter, just after losing my husband.


Your loyal subject, Fluttershy."


The letter had tear marks on it. It looked sloppily written, as if she just wanted it sent, and didn't care if it was neat or not. She just wanted to get the word out.

"Will you promise me something?" She asked.

"Promise what?" I asked, teary eyed.

"Promise you'll go home." She said. "Your mom needs you more than you think."

"I promise." I said back

"I know your father would want you to go back. It's the right thing." She said softly. I forgot she knew my dad at least a little bit. I haven't made the connection though. How did it start?

I flew off. Back home. It took a long time. about an hour and a half this time. Ponyville was in view, and I descended right by our house.

I took a deep breath. I hesitated opening the door three times. I backed up each time. The fourth time,I opened it. Point of no return.

"...I'm home..." I said. My mom trotted in. She saw me, and ran towards me. She threw her hooves onto me in a large hug of relief. She broke down. She nuzzled me, and sobbed loudly. I tried to contain my tears, but i couldn't. The part of me that hated seeing mom cry was still there 100%. I returned the embrace.

"I..I'm sorry mom..." I said through my sobs, and almost coughed.

"I'm so glad you came back." We held each other there for awhile. I saw Treble there in the kitchen. He cried a little too. I could tell he was happy to see me, even though it wasn't exactly obvious.

I'm sorry...Dad... I Promise I'll be better...I promise.... For you, and for Mom...