• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 947 Views, 5 Comments

Grudges - Monster_Under_The_Bed



Hell-Raiser Rainbow Dash and The Mailmare Derpy Hooves will bring new troubles to the Apple Family

  • ...
7
 5
 947

Big Macintosh

Big Macintosh
Chapter 1

The beautiful blue-gray pelt of Derpy shimmered in the morning light that flooded through the window. I watched her carefully,waiting for her to awaken. Soon,I heard a short sigh.She rolled over on the bed at smiled at me.

"Good Mornin'." I said. The mailmare kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"Good Morning," She replied. In the morning quiet,we stared at each other. As I admired her, I was grinning like an idiot. I still couldn't believe it had only been a month since our wedding,when she became part of my family. It had been no problem for Applebloom. She loved playing Hide-and-Seek with Ditzy,she loved talking to her,my little sister loved my wife almost as much as I did! Applejack had approved of her,of course. Applejack didn't hate anypony. She loved making jokes about Derpy Hooves.

"Ah'll never have to worry about stayin' home to sign for packages!" She'd never meant any hard feelings,either. But then,there was Granny Smith. From the moment I had brought Ditzy home, Granny'd hated her. She says my wife brings shame on the family. She even refused to attend our wedding. She had tried to keep Applebloom home,too,but Applejack managed to talk reason to her.
Breaking me from my thoughts,Ditzy scooted closer to me. I looked at her curiously. Her eyes straightened for but a moment,and I understood what she meant. Relaxing my muscles, I came closer as well. She kissed me roughly and excitedly. I could understand why. The Apple family believed in waiting until marriage. Usually, the first time was during the honeymoon, but Granny had refused to pay for one.

"It's okay,"Ditzy'd said. "I don't care." My hoof ran along Derpy's spine. She shuddered. I pulled back and looked at her.

"No,it's fine," She breathed. The door flung open at the next moment.

"Good morning,world!"The raucous call of Rainbow Dash. She fluttered in the doorway,forelegs outstretched.

"Haven't I told you to stop that?" I growled at her. Ditzy slipped off of me to stare anxiously at Rainbow Dash.

"Stop what? Existing? Breathing? Dude, you gotta be more specific with your 'stop that's." She responded. She seemed to carry equal hate for me in her eyes as I had for her, but nopony could hate anypony more than me at that moment.

"Stop barging in uninvited." I spat.

"That includes into the family." Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped.

"Are you bucking serious? I have as much right to be in this family as anypony else!" She shouted,tromping farther into my room. Ditzy excused herself,mumbling quietly about waffles.

"Just 'cus ya married my sister don't mean you're a part of this family! Lesbian marriage isn't even legal."

At this comment,Rainbow began shaking.

"Of c-course it is! You don't think I'd check that!!?I mean,I'm not THAT irresponsible!"

"Oh yeah?,"I challenged.

"Since when has it been legal?" Her eyes blazed with fury.

"November 16th,this year. Two weeks before I proposed.To your sister."She spat,and turned out of the room.