• Published 1st Jan 2012
  • 18,333 Views, 540 Comments

An Unlikely Couple - Legacy55



Discord and Celestia are getting married! But Luna and Twilight try and put a stop to it...

  • ...
29
 540
 18,333

The Plan

“Well that sure don’t sound like Twilight at all.” Applejack said, giving a tree a good hard kick causing a dozen shiny apples to fall to the ground.

“I know! She’s really determined about this whole thing!” Rainbow Dash replied, hovering just a few feet above the apple tree.

“Well, ah say we give the poor thing a few days to clear all this nonsense from her noggin. She’ll probably have turned around by the time of the wedding.” The cowpony nodded before going about picking up the scattered fruit.

The pegasus swooped down and grabbed the brightest and largest apple for herself. She floated back into the sky and began eating it. “Well I hope so, it sure would be awkward going to that thing without Twilight…”

Applejack rolled her eyes at her lazy friend, “How many days till that thing again? Five?”

“Uh,” Rainbow Dash took a minute to think, “Six I think. You know it’s hard to believe that Discord and Princess Celestia are actually getting married!”

“Yeah! But you know what they say, opposites attract…”

“Well,” Rainbow Dash swallowed the last of the apple before throwing the fruitless core away, “If you excuse me, I’m late for my afternoon nap…” The pegasus sped off, leaving Applejack alone.

“Laziest pegasus Ah’ve ever met…” She mumbled before going back to work.

------------------------

Once again Discord was strolling through Canterlot, just minding his own business. The ponies had started to get use to him, and only a couple ran at the sight of him. The city was still as boring as ever however, at least in Ponyville he had some decent entertainment…

“Discord!” A voice called out, twirling around he caught sight of his fiancée’s sister.

“Ah! Princess Luna! How long has it been? A thousand years?” He asked, smiling.

She growled at him and held her head high. Standing beside her was the slightly smaller Twilight Sparkle, trying her best to keep her composure in front of the creature that had ruined her friendship.

“Oh! And the dear Twilight Sparkle, what brings you to Canterlot? The wedding’s still a few days away!” He snapped his fingers and appeared right in front of her face, causing her to jump back in fright.

“Still sticking to your story that you’ve changed eh?” She asked, pure hatred filling her eyes as she looked at him.

He held his face in his talon, “Don’t tell me you’re still obsessed with that? Why can’t you just accept what you see in front of you?”

“Because you destroyed our friendship! You tore us apart all for your own amusement, nopony like that could ever change!” Twilight barked furiously at him.

Just looking at her made him chuckle, “Oh Twilight, has anypony ever told you that you’re cute when you’re angry?” At this she took a step away from him, blushing slightly.

“Enough Discord!” Luna finally spoke up, stamping a hoof in front of him. “Your little game ends here!”

“Oh does it?” He asked putting his arms behind his head and lounging backwards. “I’m sure whatever plan you have is brilliant, remember how you’re last one turned out? A thousand years on the moon!” He broke out in a fit of laughter, this only fueling her anger.

“Ugh, where is Celestia?!” She mumbled under her breath, scanning the street for any sign of her sister. “You won’t be laughing in a few minutes Discord! Just wait and see!”

“Oh I can wait all day…” He said with a grin, simply watching the two of as he hovered in the air.

A few minutes passed with nothing being said, Luna was beginning to get more upset as she hadn’t caught sight of her sister. She had told her to come, but that was her sister, always late…

Then finally, when Discord was just about to leave because it was so boring, she finally saw her. Stepping on to the street she could see her mane from a mile away. Smiling, she spoke up. “Well Discord, I know you love getting ponies angry…”

“That I do Luna, but it’s all in good fun! It’s not like before, where I would make them really suffer.”

“Well let’s see if you can take it… Do you remember, oh, a thousand years ago?” Discord’s grin disappeared and he stared at her menacingly.

Noticing that her words were taking affect, she pressed on. “Remember what happened with Celestia? How she rejected you! She called you, oh what was the word? Oh yes, monster!” She lashed out at him, laughing as she spoke. “She could barley even look at you, then you ran away crying! I had never seen something so pathetic…”

Twilight’s jaw dropped as she listened to Luna’s words. She couldn’t be serious, Discord, crying? If this was true than…
Luna just stared at Discord’s stunned expression, watching over his shoulder as her sister slowly made her way towards them. This was it… Discord was going to explode with anger, do something evil and right in front of Celestia! Oh everything was going perfectly!

But then, just as Celestia made it towards them, Discord smiled. “That was your plan?! To bring back some dusty old memories?! What, do you think that’s supposed to make me angry? If anything’s pathetic it’s your plan!” He burst out laughing, and Luna’s expression turned to horror.

Celestia had just reached hearing distance and a confused look crossed her face. “Luna, what did you so feverously want to see me about? And what is Discord talking about?”

Seeing her made Twilight shrink, and the scared unicorn tried to back away. Maybe the Princess hadn’t seen her yet…
“Well uh, sister. I-I was um…” She put a hoof to her head, this was all going horribly wrong.

“And Twilight? What are you doing here?” Celestia gave her a cross look, knowing something was afoot.

“Oh just Luna’s pathetic attempt to break us apart, I always knew your sister wasn’t very smart!”

Upon hearing Discord’s word’s everything fell into place. A very angry look crossed her face, and she shook her head at the both of them. “The castle. Now.”

--------------------------

Twilight was shaking feverously back and forth, stroking her mane as she did. This was awful; she should have never listened to Luna. She should have just gone along with everything, instead… The Princess was going to punish her, and it would be bad. No, awful! Maybe she would be locked in a cage, or sent to the moon! Or worse…Magic Kindergarten!!!

The horrific thoughts continued to drift through her mind as she lay on the floor. Standing right beside her with a worried look was Luna. She was occasionally glancing down at the unicorn beside her, who appeared to be having a mental breakdown. The two of them just waited for Celestia to arrive, and ruin their lives with her horrible punishment.

After what seemed like forever the single door of the room was thrown open, and the sun Princess stepped inside. She gave them both a very upset look as she paced in front of them. “I’m very disappointed with both of you… I tried to tell you that Discord had changed, and all I asked was for you to accept it. You two couldn’t even do that…” She shook her head at both of them.

“But sister I-”

“Not a word!” She cut her off. “Twilight!”

The unicorn closed her eyes, not being able to stand looking at her teacher. This was it, her life was over…

“Stand up!” Reluctantly she stood, opening her eyes and almost crying. “Because both of you so rudely disobeyed me…”

“Goodbye, Ponyville…” Twilight mumbled quietly under her breath, at tears at this point.

“You will not be attending the wedding!”

Twilight burst out sobbing on the ground, and started begging the princess to revoke her punishment. But after a few moments of this she looked up, “Wait, I’m not going to Magic Kindergarten?”

“No! Whatever gave you that idea?” She gave her student a confused look, who merely blushed and pulled herself up.

Luna breathed a sigh of relief; she had not been looking forward to another thousand years on the moon.

“Now, I know this may seem a bit harsh, but if you can’t accept our relationship then you will not be attending! I’m disappointed in both of you, especially you Twilight.” She again shook she her head at them. “Now I have things to attend to, and I’m expecting a friendship report this week!” At this Celestia left leaving the two schemers in a rather awkward situation.
“Well, that wasn’t that bad…” Luna finally spoke up.

“Yeah I guess I exaggerated that a bit.”

“A bit? You were having a psychotic breakdown!”

“Hehe…” Twilight blushed profoundly, “Um, well… I guess I should be heading back to Ponyville, I need to apologize to my friends, I was acting real stupid earlier…” She said sheepishly before teleporting away.

--------------------------

“Alright, just a little to the left and…. Perfect!” Rarity exclaimed, taking a moment to step back from her creation. The thing was truly a work of art; based off a traditional white wedding dress it was adored with hundreds of sparkling white diamonds that would have put a Diamond Dog into cardiac arrest.

“No! There are too many jewels on the left side now, it’s awful!” She cried, using her magic to dismantle the masterpiece.
Spike gave her an odd look, “I think it was perfect! By far your best work!”

Rarity shook her head at him, “Well it needs to be better than perfect! This is a dress for the Princess Celestia, there can’t be anything wrong with it!”

Just looking at the pony you could tell she had worked herself to the bone. The dark bags under her eyes revealed she hadn’t slept a wink, and her work room was an absolute mess. Bits of random silk and cloth covered the floor, and jewels of every color were scattered across the room.

“Don’t you think you should rest for a bit? You still have almost a week before the wedding.” Spike suggested, brushing off her bed.

“I can’t Spike! I still have so much more work to do! Oh, woe is me!” She sobbed, landing on the ground in a crying fit.

Taking his chance to comfort her, he rushed to her side. “Come on Rarity, everything will turn out fine, you’ll see! You just need to take a break, maybe get something to eat!” The baby dragon suggested whilst picking up a stray purple amethyst. He was about to take a bite out of it when it was suddenly yanked from his grip.

“That’s it! Spike you’re a genius, oh thank you!” She exclaimed, pecking him lightly on the cheek. She turned her attention back to the dress, using her magic to pick up another dozen of the glittering gems. “Oh, these will go perfectly with the diamonds!”

Spike however didn’t hear a word of it as he rubbed his cheek, a smile stretching from ear to ear. “Ugh, yeah…No problem…” He mumbled, in a complete daze.

“Oh this is going to be amazing, my finest work yet!”