• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 798 Views, 20 Comments

A Night With Chaos - Omega_code



Twilight working along side with a creature of chaos.

  • ...
3
 20
 798

A Potential Threat

Thanks to ProtheanBrony for proofreading this.


Twilight easily answered three of Omega’s five questions. They were all on Equestria and that was something that everypony should know by grade school. Things like who Celestia and Luna are and what they do (that counted as two since he asked who Celestia was first then about Luna). His third one was for some basic information on Ponyville.

“Hmm, interesting,” Omega remarked after Twilight finished explaining her town. “Ponyville sounds like a nice place for me to spend some of my R&R time, or even have a chaotic party.”

“No!” Twilight suddenly bluster out. “Once you're done finishing taking care of this Nightmare I don’t want you to ever come back.”

Omega glanced back at Twilight at her sudden outburst. “You sure do have a conflict with chaos don’t you, why?”

Twilight just gave an icy stare at Omega. “Because a year and a half ago Discord, the spirit of chaos and disharmony, broke free from his imprisonment. He rained chaos throughout the whole land in Equestria, ruining the peace of Equestria for his fun. He played with us as if we were his puppets and he didn’t care about the harm he was doing to everypony, only caring if he got a good chuckle from it. He was heartless, cruel, and evil.”

Omega remained silent. “Well, clearly you were able to defeat him. So how were you able to do that?”

“Through the power of friendship. Five of my friends and I were soon able to resist his power and overtake him by using the Elements of Harmony.” Twilight’s voice grew a bit boastful in the saying the next part. “And for your information, the Elements of Harmony are the most powerful magical artifacts in all of Equestria. It can take down any threat that they face.”

“Well luckily I can handle the Nightmare, so there is no need to bring in these elements.” Omega replied as if he didn’t get Twilight’s little threat. Twilight let out a small frustrated huff of air. No matter what threats Twilight made to Omega, he just didn’t care or was just ignoring them. Though, in her mind she was a bit happy about this kind of attitude. Discord acted the same way, being neglectful and foolhardy, and that was what brought his downfall. If Twilight could keep Omega acting like this, maybe it will be easier to take him down.

Omega asked one more question. “Did anyone get hurt, or killed?”

“No. Discord might have been a jerk and enjoyed tormenting us, but he wasn’t a killer. All his tricks, for the most part, were harmless.”

“I see...I believe it’s your turn in asking a question, and you have three of them to ask.”

They finally reached the bridge and the Everfree Forest was looming in the distance in front of them. “What kind of chaos powers do you have?” As she said this she took the time to scan the sky for something.

“All I can say on that is I can bend reality, in a limited way of course.” Omega spotted Twilight looking towards the sky. “I don’t believe your princess will be coming anytime soon.”

Twilight’s eyes slightly dilated and she looked back at Omega. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She said in a steady tone.

One of Omega’s eyebrows rose in skepticism and he held up his right arm up in front of him. A red stone on his gauntlet glowed and a scroll appeared out of nowhere in his hands. Twilight’s eyes grew even smaller as they recognized the scroll she had Spike write to the Princess mere moments ago. Omega unfurled the scroll and read what was on it.

“Dear Princess Celesta. I have urgent news about a new threat to Equestria. A Diamond Dog like creature known as Omega appeared in my library. While he said there was this thing known as Nightmare that is loose on our world, I learned he has the ability to use the power of chaos. I tried to stop him, but he was able to stop me. I’ve agreed for now to help him in finding this Nightmare in order to keep an eye on him. I don’t know yet where we are going but I’m going to enchant my saddle this specific energy frequency...yada yada yada, suggestion on bringing the elements, some more info on me, blah blah blah,” he said skipping some parts of the letter. “Ah here it is. I will try to distract him as long as I can, and hope you come to my aid quickly. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

Omega looked at the stun Twilight with dissatisfy eyes as he rolled the scroll back up. “You know Twilight; I’m very disappointed in you. I am a fox, not a dog; a Kitsune to be more precise. I won’t have the likes of you putting my intellect to that of a dog. I am way smarter than them.”

Twilight wasn’t expecting Omega to say something like that, “I...but...how did you get that letter!?”

Omega waved the scroll in front of Twilight, teasing her. “Simple, I placed an interception ward around your home. I mean, ‘I need to pack a few things first’. I’ve heard better excuses to make plans behind my back. I knew you were going to try to send some sort of message with your magic; however, I couldn’t let you do that just yet.”

Twilight snatched the scroll out of Omega’s hand with her magic. “Well what did you expect from me? Sit around and let some agent of chaos free to roam around without telling anypony?”

“Yes, and a bit of more trust wouldn’t have hurt too. I haven’t done anything that shows I’m a threat to your world Twilight; in fact I’m trying to save it.”

“Well I’m sorry if I disappoint you. The last time I underestimated a creature of chaos it almost cost my whole world to fall apart. I’m not going to let that happen again.”

“Well, boo- bloody- who Twilight,” Omega said harshly. “Go cry me a river with that lame excuse. You think you’re the only world that has been harmed by chaos? You ain't, nor will you be the last one.” He pointed up to the night sky. “There are countless of worlds out there, along with nearly countless different dimensions that hold them. You have no idea what kind of chaos that runs amok out there.” He then pointed at Twilight. “This Discord was just some prankster who wanted some laughs and used chaos to achieve them. I’ve seen a lot of different beings who used chaos do far wickeder things to make them chuckle, and normally no one else is alive to get the punch line.”

“Then that’s just proves my point. Chaos can’t be trusted, so why should I trust it now when I have no proof you’re really not a threat?”

Omega remained silent. He let out a saddened sigh and reached down for his card deck. “You know Twilight, you’re right; I really can be a threat to your world.” He pulled out a single card and held it up between two of his fingers. “There are so many things I can do to this world, it would’ve make your head spin.” The card started to glow eerie white as it floated out of Omega’s fingers and up in the air. Omega’s voice also dropped to a menacing tone. “In mere seconds I can make it where you town is nothing but ash, the forest ablaze, a make your world just a barren place.” The glow on the card intensified and strange symbols started to form in the air around it. “All with just a flick of my wrist.”

Omega held to fingers up to the card causing sparks of energy to arc out in random directions. “But you know what? I’m better than that.” He placed his fingers on the bottom of the card and pushed, tilting the backside of the card up to the sky. “Because I’ve discipline, honor, and control of my power. I will never use them for evil.” Omega slightly withdrew his two fingers and gave the card a light tap.

Now Omega was expecting to let the card discharge its energy harmlessly into the air, and do some sort of trick with them; however, the card did discharged its energy, but at him instead. Thousands of volts of electricity ran through him, making Omega let out a loud yowl of shock and pain. The flow of electricity stopped, and the card plummet to the ground. Omega was still standing with his two fingers pointed at were the card was, his face baring a slack-jawed expression. Parts of his body emitted small twitches, and his exposed fur was standing on their ends. “Not exactly what I was expecting,” he weakly said before he fell flat on his back.

Twilight was speechless on what she saw. A small chuckle rolled in her throat and it quickly developed into a deep wave of laughter.


MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro. All characters that belong to their company are rightfully theirs.
Omega and anything related to him comes out of my head.This writing is for fun and nothing else.

Author's Note:

Phenomenal cosmic power...get shock by own trick.