• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,072 Views, 9 Comments

The Equestria Scrolls V: Skyrim - Shadow Speck



The Mane 6 are on an epic quest to save Equestria from the dragons.

  • ...
6
 9
 3,072

Chapter 1 - Dawn Meets Dusk

It was a cloudy, gloomy day over Canterlot. At the entrance of Canterlot Castle stood Princess Celestia, looking up at the sky. Through the hazy clouds came a black chariot as trumpets were wailing her royal coming. The chariot soon landed on the foot of the castle, as Princess Luna steps out of. The two sisters' eyes met, and they looked like they had already spoken a thousand words to one another.

Luna greeted her, "Hello sister."

"No time for talk now. We have much work to sort out." replied Celestia.
The two began entered the castle and walked down the long, wide hallways. Many of the servants inside had worried looks on their faces.

"It's been a long time since the last dragon came to Equestria." Luna added.

"Not long enough, it's been foretold that they would return, I was just hoping it wouldn't be this soon." They made their way to a large door, old and dusty. On it was a symbol of a silver dragon, with it's wings formed around it's body like a diamond. On the sides were two round keyholes, which were used so only the two princesses could unlock the door together. Celestia and Luna place their horns into the keyholes, and a loud mechanism was heard on the other side. The heavy door creaked open into a dark room. Almost instantly, candles around the room were lit, and in it were hundreds of ancient scrolls, kept untouched for over a thousand years.

"The Equestria Scrolls," Celestia explained, "The most valuable knowledge in all of Equestria. All of our ancestors, our past, and our future is written here."

Luna questioned, "The future too... how is that possible?"

"The Scrolls themselves are magic, and they serve as seas of information. They tell us when disaster will strike upon Equestria. If only I had looked here before Discord had returned, things would've been much easier."

"So we can see what the dragons will do and how to stop them?"

She answered, "Yes, and we should have time before it begins if we hurry." The wax of the candles dripped around the dark room. Celestia was searching through the shelves looking for the Equestria Scroll she needed. Her face began to look worried, so Luna did too.

"Oh no," Celestia stated, "It's not here..the Equestria scroll is missing.."

"Where could it have gone, sister!?" Luna asked worriedly.

"There is only one other place that is known to have the Scroll." said Celestia. Luna thought for a moment, and remembered the ancient temple that housed the ponies who last fought against the dragons.

"Skyrim Temple, they must have it there." Stated Princess Luna. "But the Ponykiin were thought to be destroyed for hundreds of years now."

"It's our last hope. If the Scroll isn't there, then Equestria will be destroyed by Alduin the world-eater. The legend has been foretold, and he has been stopped before." said Celestia. "Guards!"

A guard came to the door, "Yes, your highness!"

"Send a letter to my student, Twilight Sparkle in Ponyville. Summon her and her friends at once."

"Right away!" the guard replied, and galloped away.


To be continued in "Chapter 2- Seeker of the Scrolls"