• Published 6th May 2024
  • 155 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight's Delayed Date - DoYourBest



When Twilight is late for her date with Luna, will she save the day?

  • ...
 0
 155

Story

One fine afternoon, at Twilight Sparkle's Library, after a hard day's work on scroll writing, Sagwa and her siblings were having noodles for breakfast.

"Mmm, this is a good breakfast." said Sagwa. "I'm glad Cook made those noodles for us. Noodles are some of my favorite meals of all time, alongside fish and moon cakes."

Dongwa turned to her. "Indeed. I'm gonna play with my alley cat friends after this. Speaking of the alley cats, they may tease us for our "goody-goody" ways, but they do help you, according to you."

"Yeah I told you that before. They can be rough, but they're true friends."

"Yup." Sheegwa said. "Anyway, let's finish eating."

"Sure."

Meanwhile Twilight Sparkle overslept so much, that suddenly the phone rang!

"YIKES!"

She grabbed and held it to her ear. "Hello? This is me-"

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" Luna snapped through the other end. "Your date is at 7:00PM! We are married before! You need to get dressed and get ready, so be in time!"

"Oh no!" Twilight cried. "I forgot about that! I'm so so so sorry about that! I was asleep! I have to get ready!"

"Well you better be." said Luna.

"Well, I was asleep til I heard you." Twilight said.

"I see, but I don't want to be delayed. So get ready to shower and dress up yourself, ok?"

"Okay! I'll hurry! See ya when I get there!"

"Okay then."

"Bye."

She closed the phone shut, took a nice, warm shower and went to get dressed for a few minutes.

Soon she was ready to go to the date. Spike came up. He saw Twilight in her date uniform.

"So, you're going to see your date, Twilight. Can please I come? Pleeeeeaaaase?"

"No, you can't."

"Oh, okay. See ya later."

"Bye."

And Twilight left. But she didn't know that her tickets slipped off.

Meanwhile the Miao kittens and the Alley Cats were playing outside. Jet-Jet saw Twilight walking past.

"Can I go with her to her date?" he asked. "Please? Please? Pleeeeeeeaaase?"

"No, Jet-Jet." said Sagwa. "Dates don't allow any pets."

But Jet-Jet wasn't convinced at first. "Says the one who used to live in the Magistrate's palace! I can go to dates as I want."

"I said no! By the way, now I lived in Twilight's Library! Also, why did you go on Tough Customers mode once again, Jet-Jet?!" snapped Sagwa crossly. "I mean it! As the fact says: No cats allowed! SO GET OVER IT!"

"Don't be silly! Just you wait and see!" He stormed off.

"WAIT JET-JET WAIT!" shouted Sagwa. But Jet-Jet didn't hear her.

"I hope he doesn't ruin Twilight's day." sighed Sheegwa.

"Then again, it's his nature." added Dongwa.

"I know."

"Me and Lik-Lik have the very same nature." said Wing-Wing.

Meanwhile Twilight was walking towards her date's place. She waited for traffic on the way.

"I hope I can make it to my date on time." she muttered. "It was at 7:00pm and I don't want to disappoint Luna."

Just then Jet-Jet walked up to her.

"Hey, Twilight Sparkle." he whispered. "Can I come to your date with you?"

"No!" snapped Twilight. "Go back to the alley! Besides, no cats allowed! So leave me alone"

"But-"

"BUT NOTHING! I SAID NO CATS ALLOWED!"

At that moment, Sagwa came up to Jet-Jet.

"You heard her, Jet-Jet!" she said crossly. "Why on earth are you michevious again?! I told you that cats are NOT allowed in that place! You should've listened to me!"

Jet-Jet stared for a second, and then bursted into tears. "Oh, what am J saying!? Why would my micheviousness and ego get the better of me again?! I'm sorry, Sagwa. I shouldve listened to you. Can you forgive me please?"

"Of course." smiled Sagwa.

And they went back to the alley to play with the other cats.

Just then the traffic light turned green and Twilight sat off once more.

Sidewalk after sidewalk, Twilight had to make up for last time.

"I won't let her down!" she said. "I won't!"

Meanwhile, Spike was minding his business when he noticed the tickets laying in the floor.

"OH COR BLIMEY! WHAT ARE THOSE TICKETS DOING HERE!?" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "Twilight must of forgotten them! I must bring them to her as fast as I can!" He grabbed the tickets and raced after Twilight.

"I'M COMING TO BRING YOU YOUR TICKETS, TWILIGHT!" he called.

While Twilight was still making her way to her date, Spike raced past crosswalks to get the two tickets to Twilight. He knew he couldn't go to the place where the date was, but he wanted to bring her tickets to Twlight.

Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Patrick were taking a walk. They noticed Spike racing past.

"Hey SpongeBob. What was that dragon doing?" asked Patrick.

"I dunno." said SpongeBob.

Twilight was almost to the place where her date was when...

"TWILIGHT! WAIT FOR ME! I GOT SOMETHING YOU'VE FORGOT!"

It was Spike. He was holding the tickets Twilight had forgot.

"SPIKE!" Twilight snapped. "I TOLD YOU TO..." Suddenly, she noticed the tickets that fell out of her. "So, you're just giving me the tickets. I forgot them."

"Don't worry, Twilight. It was an accident. Bye."

"Bye, Spike." Twilight went to the place with the tickets.

"Hi Luna." said Twilight. "I'm sorry I am late."

"It's fine. Please don't be late again next time. ok?"

"Okay." sighed Twilight.

At last, Twilight and Luna were kissing each other and dancing with each other. They had a great time.

Soon the sky went dark, and it was time for Twilight and Luna to go home.

"Thanks for coming to me, Twilight." said Luna.

"You're welcome." replied Twilight as she gave Luna a kiss.

"Let's go home."

"Okay."

And they did like I said.

A few minutes later, Twilight and Luna arrived back home. Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow and Rarity wers there.

"Hi Twilight. Hi Luna " they said. "How is your time?"

"It's good." said Twilight. "I was a little delayed, but I got there alright. Moving on. Well Luna and I better go to bed. Good night."

And everyone went to bed.

Author's Note:

This is based on the 1947 Disney short "Mickey's Delayed Date", with extra bits added.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment