• Published 16th Apr 2024
  • 110 Views, 1 Comments

Spike the Brave and Glorious - Troyjan



Rarity gets captured by a gang of old enemies of hers. Spike sets out on his quest to save Lady Rarity on his own.

  • ...
 1
 110

Ambush at Night

The darkness of night had fallen upon Ponyville. Resting on the ground near the rear entrance of Rarity’s estate, were three out of place wooden crates. Slowly, and ever so quietly, the lid from atop of one of the crates was slid off of it from the inside. A pair of dull yellow eyes crept over the edge of the wooden box.

“Is it clear?,” came a whisper from one of the other two boxes.

“Not a pony in sight,” whispered the creature from the middle box.

“Let’s move,” whispered a voice from the third box.

Just as slowly and carefully as the first, the lids of the other two boxes were removed. With steady and careful movements, all three creatures stood upright, and stepped over the edges of the now opened crates. Once out, they crept towards the rear entrance of the estate. One of the creature’s paws brushed up against a loose brick, making the faintest clinking sound. The other two creatures stopped, and quietly shushed towards the other one, who blinked in response. After that, all three had made their way to the rear door.

There were no nearby streetlights, or any outdoor lighting along the rear exterior of the building, making the scene completely dark. However, the three creatures were more than accustomed to such low levels of light, and could see easily.

“Do your thing,” one of the creatures whispered. In response, the smallest one nodded. A piece of metal was jostled inside the old padlock that was holding the rear door shut. After several tense minutes, the padlock made a metallic click, the shackle released from the body, and the lock was moved. Ever so quietly, the rear door was opened.

As expected, there were several cardboard boxes and pieces of furniture obstructing the rarely used, rear exit of the Boutique. The largest of the three creatures slowly and carefully pushed aside several shelves and boxes to clear an open path. With enough space to walk, the three made their way from the supply room, and into the main room of the boutique. In there were numerous pony-quins, shelves, and racks, with a massive variety of clothing on display. Sweeping the area, none of the three intruders could spot any sign of any security systems within the ground floor of the shop. With the space clear, the three made their way to the staircase, and crept their way up to the next floor.

“Look there,” uttered one of the creatures while pointing. “That glass case, it’s full of gems. And there’s probably more around here too.”

“And look at all these precious items,” murmured the second creature, eying up a crafty looking vase, an expensive looking painting, and an elegant set of furniture. “Imagine all the bits we could sell this to other ponies for, and all the gems we could buy,” he continued, while rubbing his paws.

The third creature elbowed both of the other two. “Stop that now!,” he whispered. “Remember why we are here,” the creature urged to the others. “If this works, we will all have more gems than we could possibly find in here, and in that pony jewel store, put together. Maybe we can come back here later and take the gems. But we cannot get caught now.”

“Right,” said the second creature, nodding.

“To the pony’s room,” said the third creature.

The largest creature gently bumped into the small table, causing the vase on top of it to dangerously teeter. Another one lunged forward, and quickly gripped the vase before it fell over. “Careful!,” he scolded, before placing it back where it was. The larger creature looked down for a moment, before nodding.

“I think the pony is sleeping behind this door,” whispered one of the creatures.

“Do both of you know what to do?,” asked the first creature. The other two nodded. “Good. Now it’s time for the tough part.”

The door to Rarity’s room creaked open. Rarity lied completely still in her bed, with her sleep mask over her eyes. Among the moonlight drifting through the room’s window, were the three diamond dogs, named Rover, Fido, and Spot. The three of them were just barely visible, standing around and leaning ever closer the edges of Rarity’s bed. Each of their muzzles were twisted into malevolent grins, revealing their yellow predatory fangs.

Rover help up a hollow, cone shaped magic seal in one paw. The other two diamond dogs, Fido and Spot, held up the ropes that they were carrying. Rover lifted his other forepaw, and held out three of his toes. Then he lowered one, holding out just two. Then he lowered another toe and was holding just out one. Then Rover lowered his last toe.

Immediately, Rover leaped into the air and onto Rarity’s bed. Without wasting another second, he clasped his paw over Rarity’s muzzle, and jammed the magic seal onto Rarity’s horn. Rarity was immediately awoken and attempted to scream, but nothing more than a loud muffle came from under Rover’s paw. Fido and Spot had already flung the covers off Rarity’s bed, and were grasping each of Rarity’s legs. In panic, Rarity began struggling and flailing at the intruders. With all three keeping Rarity pinned to her bed, Fido and Spot attempted to wrap their ropes around her body to restrain her. By moving her neck, Rarity managed to push her sleep mask off of her face, and stared at the three savage canines in her room with wild eyes. Rarity continued rocking and thrashing about, bluntly kicking wherever she could manage. Out of instinct, Rarity shifted her jaws and managed to bite down on the edge of Rover’s paw. Rover winced in pain, but continued to hold Rarity steady while Fido and Spot attempted to tie Rarity’s legs together.

Suddenly a bright blue light began forming along her horn, before a hot beam of magical energy was fired from it, burning the wall above Rarity’s bed. It was at this moment that Rover realized that the magical seal was not fastened correctly, and that the unicorn could still use her magic. Rarity turned her head forward, and started blasting her magic at Rover. Rover flinched as another beam singed one of his ears. With her magical beams being ineffective, Rarity attempted to use her kinesis to hurl various objects around the room, towards the three diamond dogs. Rover winced in pain again as one of Rarity’s sowing needles was lodged into his back. Once it was clear that hurling objects wasn’t working, Rarity attempted to summon force fields to repel her assailants. But the three of them resisted against the magical barriers, and remained in place. With all his strength, Rover grabbed the now lose magic seal, and forced it back onto Rarity’s searing hot horn with both his paws. This time, after sliding it all the way down to the unicorn’s head, Rover gave the seal a firm twist, completely nullifying Rarity’s magic. However, by using both his front paws to fasten the seal, nothing was there to muffle Rarity’s voice.

“RELASE ME THIS INSTANT YOU DIRTY, SAVAGE, UNCULTURED, MUTTS!!!,” shouted Rarity.

Rover pressed both his paws onto Rarity’s muzzle, forcing it shut. “Please, you must be quiet, or you will ruin everything!,” pleaded Rover. He then turned to Spot. “Quick, gag her.”

“Got it,” Spot responded, as he held out a separate wad of rope. Rover released Rarity’s muzzle and instead clasped her forehooves.

“HOW DARE YOU…,” screamed Rarity, before being cut off as Spot stuffed the chunk of rope into her mouth. Spot then wrapped the loose ends of the rope around her jaws, and behind her head. Assisting him, Fido wrapped another rope under Rarity’s muzzle and over her head, pulled her jaws together, and tightened the rope. With her magic sealed, her mouth tied closed, and her body tightly constricted by the tangle of rope around her neck and limbs, Rarity resigned and stopped struggling.

“We’re very sorry Rarity, but I’m sure you know why this must be done. For now, we promise to be careful, and to keep you safe. We hope that you can forgive us later,” pleaded Rover.

“Yeah, there was no better way. We had to do this right,” said Spot.

“We’ll make this as painless as possible,” said Fido.

Rover looked at Fido and Spot. “We got Rarity. Now we leave.” Fido and Spot both nodded in affirmation, before hoisting Rarity over their shoulders. Rover quickly crept out of Rarity’s room, with Fido and Spot following. One of the diamond dogs bumped into the same table as before, causing the vase on it to rock back and forth again. Rarity’s eyes widened, seeing her priceless family heirloom teetering. Rover gasped, before lunging forward, and preventing the vase from falling over again. “We must be more careful!,” scolded Rover, before turning around again.

Suddenly, Rover accidently jammed a toe on one of his rear paws into the corner of a wooden shelf. “DAUGHTER OF A HOUND!!!,” Rover shouted as he held his rear paw with his forepaws while hopping up and down on his other rear paw. Losing his balance, Rover fell backwards into the shelf he jammed his toe into, which promptly caused the shelf to collapse and fall onto him. The impact caused a decorative mirror that Rarity had hung up on the opposite side of the hallway to fall off its hook, and land on top of Rover’s backside, shattering on contact.

Fido and Spot quickly rushed over to Rover. “I’m okay,” affirmed Rover, as he stood up, shaking the broken glass and wooden splinters off of him. “I just need a moment to…” said Rover before being cutoff. As Rover stood up, the now loosened carpet slipped from beneath him, causing him to slip again. Pulling the carpet as he fell, Fido and Spot also lost their balance, and fell forward towards Rover. The three diamond dogs, along with Rarity, fell towards the staircase, and began tumbling down it. Luckily for Rarity, the bundle of ropes around her body completely softened any impact to her. Rover, Spot, and Fido landed at the bottom of the stairs, right before Rarity safely landed on top of Rover’s head. Taking a few moments to recover from their fall, the diamonds dogs stood up again. Fido and Spot hoisted Rarity over their shoulders once more.

“Let’s get out of here,” suggested Spot.

“Agreed,” said Rover.

Just as Rover finished speaking, all of the diamond dogs stumbled into some of the pony-quins that were left on display, which caused them to fall into a large metal shelf. The impact knocked over the shelf, which crashed into a glass case, shattering it on impact. The diamond dogs looked at the mess in guilt, before standing up again with their captive in their grasps.

“We’re almost out of here,” said Rover, as the three approached the rear entrance of the boutique. The rear door was still opened by a narrow crack. They were just about to step outside, when another voice called out, and interrupted them.

“Rarity, what’s going on here?,” asked a voice that sounded like it belonged to a young filly. Following her voice, was the bright yellow color of the filly unicorn’s magic. Immediately, the magically powered electric lighting system of the boutique was activated, illuminating the disastrous scene. The diamond dogs halted and turned around towards the voice of the young pony. The pony in question was none other than Sweetie Belle.

“Who are you creatures?” asked Sweetie Belle, who was just now witnessing a diamond dog herself for her first time. “And why would Rarity invite you guys here this late into the night,” she asked, looking at the clock along the far wall. “And why is the shop such a mess?,” she asked while looking around the ravaged area. “And Rarity, why are you tied up like that?”

Rarity tried to speak as clearly as possible, but only a faint muffled noise left her mouth. Rover took a step towards Sweetie Belle. “Well, you see young pony, there’s a very good reason for all of this.”

“Yeah,” said Fido and Spot simultaneously, while nodding.

Sweetie Belle looked at the diamond dogs, while turning her head in suspicion. “Could you at least let Rarity tell me what’s going on? It looks like she has something important to say.”

Rarity continued trying to speak, but only incoherent muffles left her mouth. Rover sidestepped in front of Rarity. “I think what she is trying to say, is that she also cannot tell you what is going on. And just to be safe, perhaps you should also tell no one about any of this.”

Sweetie Belle narrowed her eyes. “Hey, are you three trying to abduct my sister?”

“That’s silly. What makes you think we would do something like that?”

“Well, it just looks like you are. Although, I have seen something else like this happen before. First you come in here unannounced to see Rarity at late hours of the night. Then I hear you in Rarity’s bedroom, fighting with each other on her bed. After that, you end up leaving behind a large mess, and cause Rarity to be all cranky the next day. But the kind of stallions who normally come by and do this don’t show up this late, or leave behind this big of a mess. And none of them had ever tried to carry Rarity out of here before while tied up or gagged. She can walk on her own just fine. That’s what makes all of this look suspicious to me.”

Rarity let out a muffled gasp upon realizing who Sweetie Belle might have been talking about, followed by some very angry sounding muffled screams. Her already reddened face blushed even more intensely. Whether it was out of anger, or embarrassment, it was difficult to tell. Rover, Fido, and Spot looked back at each other, and then at Rarity. Clearly there was something else going on that they should all probably never mention again.

Rover turned back to Sweetie Belle. “Think what you want about all this, but Rarity, and the rest of us, should not tell you what we are doing. And as I said, you should probably not tell what you have seen here to any pony. You will be in some very big trouble if you do.”

“Why?!”

“We cannot tell you why. It would be even more trouble for all of us if you knew.”

“Well, if you cannot tell me where you’re taking Rarity to, then let me come with you and make sure you are not up to anything bad. If you won’t let me do that, then I’ll have to stop you.”

Rarity began rapidly shaking her head from side to side, her eyes wide in fear. She wouldn’t ever want her sister to endanger herself by confronting the savage animals who were handling her. Fido and Spot looked at each other and then to Rover.

“It might be trouble if she comes with us, or if she tells other ponies about this,” said Spot.

Rover looked around and noticed a long, loose carpet on the floor, along with several sets of string that were scattered about. A mischievous grin formed across his face. “I got an idea,” said Rover.

After several moments, Rover, Fido, and Spot left the now dark and silent Carousel Boutique. The three quickly made their way to their hiding spot. They carefully placed Rarity inside the smallest of the three wooden boxes that they were previously hiding in, before placing the lid back on it.

The three diamond dogs looked around the area. The scene was just as dark and quite as when they had first arrived. From the looks of it, no creature seemed to have spotted them or were aware of what they were doing. Wasting no time, Rover, Fido, and Spot sprinted down the streets of Ponyville on all fours, with Fido and Spot carrying the box containing Rarity atop their backs.

After a few minutes, the trio had left Ponyville, and dashed past the tree line on the far side of the surrounding meadows. Once they were sure that they were safe, they stopped, and placed the wooden crate down on the ground. They removed the lid of the box, and lifted Rarity out of it. They untied the ropes restraining Rarity, removed the magic seal on her horn, and removed the wad of rope that was blocking Rarity’s speech.

“I understand that you had to be discrete and all with this operation of yours, but did you really need to put your paws all over me without my permission?!,” Rarity bellowed at the diamond dogs.

“We just couldn’t think of any better way. We’re very sorry if we hurt you Rarity,” said Rover, as all three of the diamond dogs lowered their heads and flattened their ears.

“And while I’m on the matter, did you all have to break so many things on your way out?!”

“Those were all accidents. We never wanted to break your things. Honest,” answered Rover.

“Accident or not, that still doesn’t excuse how you busted in, or that altercation with my sister. This all could have been avoided had you three idiots decided not to act like savage animals.”

“Rarity is there anything within reason that we could do for you to make this all up to you?,” asked Rover.

“I do not wish to speak with any of your right now. We could talk about reparations later.”

“Would you at least like us to carry you, or do you prefer to walk?”

Rarity turned away, flicking her tail as she did. Without a word, she stepped back into the box, sat upright on her haunches, and held up her nose up high. As on cue, Rover, Fido, and Spot lifted up the box, and began to carefully carry Rarity to their hideout.