• Published 13th Mar 2024
  • 139 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony and The Doodlebops: The Magic of Music - Big Imagination E



Join the Doodlebops and there friend Colorgroove as they head to Equestria and make magic with music!

  • ...
10
 3
 139

Chapter 8: Dinner with Vinyl and the Princesses

Colorgroove and Vinyl were still air surfing in the sky and they came across a restaurant that says the Tasty Treat and came to a landing. Then Colorgroove jumped off his surfboard and Vinyl did too after she did and he caught her. He gently placed her down and smiled.

"Wow. You really know how to make a lady feel special." Vinyl said.

"Hey. You really are special to me. So there's no way I let you get hurt. So let's go get something to eat." Colorgroove replied.

They went inside and went to the waiter at the reservation desk.

"Hi. Reservation for two please. Under the name Colorgroove." He said to the waiter.

"Ah yes. We have been expecting you. Come with me. The princesses will be pleased with you two joining them for dinner." The waiter smiled.

"Princesses? What are you talking about?" Colorgroove asked.

He got his answer as they went to the table where the same two princesses were sitting. One of them has a white coat and wings, her mane & tail is striped of pink, purple, aqua blue, & green with sparkles around, her eyes are light grayish-magenta she wears a golden crown with a purple gem on it, a golden necklace also with a purple gem on it, wears golden hoof shoes, and also has a sun based cutie mark. This was Princess Celestia. The other also had a horn and wings but she had midnight blue fur and hair. Her mane was sparkling and moving so elegantly, even though there wasn’t a breeze in the air. She had big eyes which were the same color as her hair. She was Princess Luna.

"Colorgroove. Vinyl. We are glad you accepted our invitation. Come sit with us." Celestia smiled.

The two went to the table and sat down with the princesses. They all ordered their meals and drinks and then after the waiter left they started sharing conversations.

"So you must be the princesses I saw at the concert earlier tonight." Colorgroove said.

"Why yes. We happen to be the rulers of Equestria itself. And you must be the guy with the music power that made the concert go so well." Celestia replied.

"Yep. That's me. I'm known as Colorgroove. And I hope that you enjoyed that concert I really wanted to share the power of the music." Colorgroove said.

"Oh we certainly did. Though I'm curious about that necklace your wearing. Was that the cause of all that magic happening?" Luna asked.

"Yeah. It was. Now I know you had history with ponies using magic artifacts and didn't end so well as they went crazy in power. But I assure you that I'm not like that." Colorgroove answered.

"It's true Celestia. He's been with me the whole time and I can tell that he is not going crazy. He has total control over his power and he's been nice to me." Vinyl agreed.

"We can certainly tell. And the fact that you were with those three colorful band members. The Doodlebops were they?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah that's them. When I was a little boy my dad always took me to see them play in concert. They were fun, groovy and even allowed some kids to collect some stuff they pass out. But me personal favorite was Moe. He was always fun, loud and fast. Just the way I like it. And when things couldn't be better I got some cool autographed stuff from them and wore the gear to look cool. During my time in elementary school I shared some stories with a few of my old friends about the Doodlebops and even went with them to see them play. To me and my friends we all wished the Doodlebops would live on and keep playing forever as they made many kids happy. But sadly the theater shut down and I haven't seen a concert from them since. Then suddenly when I found this music diamond next thing I know I ended up here in Equestria and surprisingly saw the Doodlebops here too." Colorgroove explained.

"I see. Though we should tell you about Twilight. Something isn't right with her since she's been wearing those purple shoes." Luna said.

"Me and Rooney noticed that too. What's going on?" Colorgroove asked.

"Well it happened after we left the show." Celestia started.

Then there was a flashback was shown of them leaving the show and saw Twilight still dancing.

"After we left the show we noticed that Twilight still had on those shoes and was still tapping. We didn't know why so we decided to follow her." Celestia said.

The sisters followed Twilight and saw her shoes were starting to glow brighter. They stopped her so they can talk to her but didn't stop dancing.

"When we tried talking to her we wondered why she was still dancing even when the show was clearly over. She was getting a little tired but she can't seem to stop." Luna continued.

"And they we noticed her shoes were glowing and we sensed an evil magic inside them. We knew that this can only mean trouble." Celestia finished.

With that, the flashback ended bringing us back to the present. Colorgroove and Vinyl were both in shock. Twilight was wearing cursed shoes!

"So Rooney was right! Twilight is wearing cursed shoes from the story!" Colorgroove realized.

"Oh this is not good. We gotta convince Twilight to take them off." Vinyl agreed.

"You can do that tomorrow. There's no telling that Twilight went home and is sleep dancing right now. You should wait til morning." Celestia suggested.

"Ok Celestia. We will do that." Colorgroove nodded.

At the same time the waiter came back with their meals and drinks and they all enjoyed their dinner. Then after a couple of minutes they all left. Colorgroove and Vinyl both got on the surfboard and headed back to her place to rest. But tomorrow they need to free Twilight from those shoes.

Author's Note:

The shoes really are cursed!! Looks like Colorgroove needs to assemble her friends to help!