• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 261 Views, 22 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 22
 261

PreviousChapters Next
36. Trial 1 of the Elite Four: Diamond Tiara vs. Lorelei

Author's Note:

It's time for Diamond to face the Elite Four. Starting with the Ice Maiden: Lorelei.

As they enter the building, they were greeted by a friendly woman with red hair behind the desk.

"Hello." The woman said. "Welcome all to the headquarters of the Elite Four. Are you all here to battle them?"

"Only me." Diamond said as she stepped forward. "My name is Diamond Tiara. And, I have come to face my destiny."

"That's the spirit. My name is Amy. And, I'm sort of a guide. Before I let you enter, please present your Gym Badges."

Taking out her case, Diamond presents it to Amy. She checks to make sure that they are authentic.

"Okay, Miss Tiara." Amy said. "You're in. Are these other girls your support?"

"Yes, ma'am." Diamond replied. "They've been my faithful friends thought this whole journey."

"Very well. Head down that corridor and you're on your way."

Taking Amy's advice, the group went down the corridor where they see a rest area. And, they also see four doors, each marked with different symbols. A snowflake, a fist, a ghost, and a dragon's head. Those are no doubt the battle fields of the Elite Four. Amy soon walks to then and gives advice.

"Each of those doors will light up to let you know that the Elite Four membears are waiting for you." Amy explained as the snowflake glows. "There's an example. This means your first opponent is Lorelei who specializes in Ice Types. Come back to the desk area so you can get ready."

This was a good idea. Minutes later, the girls walked into the first room. It felt chilly, which is perfect for ice types. Waiting for them is a red haired girl wearing glasses. She has on a black jacket over a red shirt, black skirt and platform shoes.

"Are you Lorelei?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Yes, I am." Lorelei answered. "I may look dainty, but my Ice Types will chill you to the bone."

Diamond soon steps up. "Lorelei, I am Diamond Tiara. I have come to battle you to begin my quest to face the Champion."

"I like your attitude. I hope you're ready to feel the chill of my ice Pokémon."

"I have prepared my Pokémon for this."

A black haired man wearing a parka stepped in to be a referee. "This will be a five on five battle. Call out your first Pokémon."

"My first Pokémon is Dewgong". Lorelei announced.

Out pops a white seal type creature. Diamond studies it with her Pokédex.

Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokémon. The Pokédex said. This Pokémon chops through ice to find it's food. Then, heads for a beach to relax in the sun.

"I wouldn't mind having a Dewgong." Silver said. "Only, I'd it's still a Seel."

Diamond makes her first choice. "Let's go, Pikachu!"

Pikachu pops out. Lorelei looks at it with interest. "Interesting choice. Let's see how your Pikachu handles my Pokémon. "Dewgong, use Aurora Beam."

As Dewgong fired a rainbow beam, Diamond reacted. "Dodge it, Pikachu. Then, use Thunder Wave!"

Pikachu dodged Aurora Beam. But, Lorelei responds even quicker. "You won't paralyze Dewgong. Use Headbutt!"

Dewgong rammed into Pikachu. As the electric mouse recovers, Lorelei follows the attack up. "Let's finish this with Sheer Cold!"

Dewgong is ready to blast Pikachu with a super cold attack. But, electricity sparked all over.

"Static comes through." Diamond cheered. "Okay, Pikachu. Use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu blasted Dewgong with powerful lightning. Soon, the Sea Lion Pokémon fainted.

"Dewgong is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Pikachu wins!"

"Dewgong, return." Lorelei said. "You did good. Now, get some rest." She then turns to Diamond. "Your Pikachu is amazing for a little fellow."

"Thank you, Lorelei." Diamond responded.

"Here comes my second Pokémon. Here's Jynx!"

Diamond remembered her confrontation with Jynx in Saffron City. As Jynx comes out, she recalls Pikachu. She then chooses her next Pokémon. "Let's go, Ninetales!"

Ninetales comes out. Lorelei makes her first move. "Time to finish this fast. Jynx use Blizzard!"

Jynx causes a snowstorm, hoping to freeze Ninetales. Diamond has an idea. "Ninetales, use Confuse Ray."

Ninetales' eyes glowed red. Suddenly, the snowstorm stopped as Jynx started to move weirdly. Lorelei realized that Jynx is confused.

"Okay, Ninetales." Diamond called out. "Use Flamethrower. Turn up the heat!"

Ninetales unleashed flames onto Jynx. After the confuse Ray, The human shape Pokémon succumbed to the flames, and fainted.

"Jynx is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Ninetales wins!"

Diamond clapped for her Ninetales as Lorelei recalled Jynx. The Ice trainer of the Elite Four makes an announcement. "Time to bring out my third Pokémon. Go, Cloyster!"

Out pops an open shell with a face inside. Diamond's Pokédex comes alive. Cloyster, the Bivalve Pokémon. It's shell is strong enough to withstand a bomb.

Diamond realized that Ninetales has a type disadvantage. After recalling Ninetales, she sent for Pikachu. "Okay, Pikachu. Strike with Thunder Wave."

Just as Pikachu was sparking up, Lorelei unleashed a surprise. "Cloyster, bombard that Pikachu with Icicle Crash!"

Cloyster unleashed a barrage of big icicles. The impact caused Pikachu to faint.

"Pikachu is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Cloyster wins!"

"Oh no." Silver gasped as Diamond recalls Pikachu. "This isn't good."

"Not to worry, Silver." Diamond comforted. "This will shut down that Cloyster. Let's go, Magneton!"

Lorelei was surprised to see Magneton come out. "A Magneton? Let's shut it down. Cloyster, use Hydro Pump!"

Cloyster fired a stream of water. But, Diamond was ready. "Dodge it. Then, use Discharge!"

After avoiding the water attack, Magneton unleashed it's electric power, and defeated Cloyster.

"Cloyster is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Magneton wins."

"Oh yeah!" Babs cheered. "That's what I'm talking about!"

Lorelei recalled Cloyster and praised her opponent. "I can see the love and trust you have in your Pokémon."

"Thank you, madam." Diamond replied happily.

"Now, here's my fourth Pokémon. Go, Slowbro!"

Slowbro came out, ready for battle. This gives Diamond an idea.

"Magneton, return." Diamond said. She then makes her next decision. "Let's go, Venusaur!"

As Venusaur comes out, it's landing shook the ground. Diamond then rubs her necklace. "The bond between Pokémon and trainer is always special." She then presses the jewel, "Now, my blooming flower of power, MEGA EVOLVE!"

After Venusaur transforms, Lorelei looks with interest. "Even Mega Evolution won't stop us. Slowbro, use Psychic!"

Slowbro fires a beam of Psychic energy at Venusaur. As it was taking the hit, Diamond fought back. "Venusaur, grab it with Vine Whip!"

The Seed Pokémon extended it's vines to wrap up Slowbro, stopping the psychic energy. Diamond then unleashed her next surprise. "Now, use Razor Leaf!"

Unleashing a blast of leaves, Venusaur struck at Slowbro, causing it to faint.

"Slowbro is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Venusaur wins."

"Nice work, Venusaur!" Diamond cheered. "Four down, one to go."

As Lorelei recalled Slowbro, she makes her next choice. "Maybe so. But, my final Pokémon will be tough to handle. Even if Venusaur IS mega evolved. My final Pokémon is Lapras!"

Lapras came out. Diamond, however, struck first. "Venusaur, use Petal Dance!"

Venusaur unleashed it's pink petals. As Lapras is being struck, Lorelei called out to her friend. "Lapras, use Blizzard!"

Lapras unleashed a strong snowstorm. Being vulnerable to ice attacks, Venusaur quickly fainted and reverted to normal.

"Venusaur is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Lapras wins."

"Venusaur, Return." Diamond sadly said. "Nice try. Just get some rest." Diamond make her next choice. "Magneton, back to action!"

Magneton came out and is ready. Diamond made her move. "Magneton, use Discharge!"

The Magnet Pokémon blasted Lapras with electricity. Lapras looked like it's in trouble. But, Lorelei had a surprise for Diamond.

"Time for me to dampen your spirits." Lorelei announced. "Lapras, use Hydro Pump!"

Lapras fired a strong geyser to Magneton. Being a steel type, it is a bit vulnerable to water attack. Soon, Magneton fainted.

"Magneton is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Lapras wins."

Diamond recalls her Magneton. She soon thought of a strategy. Thinking that Lapras is weakened by Petal Dance and Discharge, she sent in her next Pokémon. "It's your time to shine, Eevee."

Eevee runs out facing Lapras. Lorelei is a bit confused. "I don't see how this little Eevee can defeat my Lapras if Venusaur and Magneton couldn't do the job."

"You'll see." Diamond replied. "Eevee, use Swift."

As Eevee shot his stars, Lapras suddenly got paralyzed from Discharge. Diamond followed that up. "Go for it, Eevee. Use Double Kick!"

Running fast, Eevee kicked Lapras twice. Being worn out from the previous attacks, Lapras fainted,

"Lapras is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Eevee wins. The winner of this battle is Diamond Tiara!"

Diamond cheered happily as Eevee leaped into her arms. After recalling Lapras, Lorelei approached the winner.

"It's been a while since anybody came at me with as much determination as you did." Lorelei praised. "I can sense the love you show for your Pokémon."

Diamond blushed as Babs and Silver came to join her.

"Now that you won against me," Lorelei said, "you have three more members of the Elite Four to face. Then, you'll battle for the Kanto League title. Head for the reception area to have your Pokémon healed."

As Diamond and her friends leave Lorelei's room, they head to the reception area. Dia,omd realized that Lorelei is right. The trials of the Elite Four is only beginning.

End of Chapter 36

PreviousChapters Next