• Published 14th Jan 2024
  • 166 Views, 0 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise Advanced Generation - foxmaster

  • ...
 0
 166

Water Sharpens Grass

The girls arrived on Dewford Island and Aqua was already amazed by the sandy beaches and surfers.

“Good thing I bought that swimsuit back in Rustburo City, “Aqua said, clearly excited to check out the beach.

“We can visit the beach later, Remember why we came here,” Turquoise said.

“We know but can’t your gym battle wait a day or two?” Aqua asked. Suddenly a surfer and his Hariyama landed on the beach and instantly Turquoise recognized him. He soon saw them and approached.

“Yo Turquoise, long time no see,” The man who was revealed to be brawly said.

“Good to see you Brawly, we were just about to go look for you,” Turquoise said.

“You know him?” Fluttershy asked.

“Sure do, we met in Saffron City,” Turquoise said.

“And man, that was one of the most gnarly fighting tournaments I ever competed in, especially with how you won against Bea in the end, “Brawly said.

“Fighting tournament?” Aqua asked while imagining Turquoise as some kind of wrestler.

“It was a big battle tournament consisting of the world’s best masters of fighting-type pokemon along with some normal trainers mixed in,” Turquoise said.

“But anyway, I'm going to guess you decided to enter the Hoenn league,” Brawly said.

“Sure am and I came to challenge your gym next,” Turquoise said.

“Before we discuss that, we should take shelter, “Brawly said before explaining. “The waves are getting rough and humidity is down, and based on those cumulonimbus clouds forming above, we got some rough weather incoming. As soon as he said that, it began to rain which caused all four of them to take shelter inside the Pokemon Center before it grew into a major downpour.

“How did you know that would happen?” Aqua asked.

“As a pro surfer I can tell when a storm is coming by how rough the waves get,” Brawly said before getting to Turquoise’s question. “First off, how many pokemon do you have right now?

“Three,” Turquoise said before calling them out. Brawly looked at them and then made a decision.

“I would love to accept your challenge but i do recommend doing some training first since my pokemon are at a higher level than Roxanne’s are,” Brawly said sincerely.

“I know Treecko and Sprigatito need some work but my Espeon should be more than enough,” Turquoise said.

“And I can see that, but it’s also important to train up your other pokemon too,” Brawly said.

“Ok you convinced me, Where can I begin?” Turquoise said.

“All of Dewford Island is perfect, let nature train you,” Brawly said.

“Ok but where do you suggest we start?” Turquoise asked.

“Go explore the island and I'm sure nature will tell you,” Brawly said.

“Very well,” Turquoise said. Sometime later the rain stopped, and the sunny weather returned. The girls left the town and walked along a mountain path. Soon the girls decided to stop and noticed a good spot for some fishing. Fluttershy began setting up her cooking supplies while aqua began setting up her tent. As for Turquoise she was setting up her fishing rod which soon got Aqua’s attention.

“Don’t you want to do some training like brawly said to?” Aqua asked.

“That’s the plan,” Turquoise said.

“Then why are you fishing instead of doing that?” Aqua asked.

“You’ll see,” Turquoise said. As soon as she said that she got a bite. She pulled on the line with all she had and suddenly pulled up what looked like a crustacean with an aggressive look on its face. Turquoise pulled out her pokedex for information on it.

“Corphish, The Ruffian Pokemon, It can live in impure water, where it doesn't need to compete with other water Pokémon for food, so its numbers have steadily increased,” The pokedex said.

“I can this one is raring to go so first up, Treecko I chose you,” Turquoise said as she sent Treecko in to battle Corphish. The rogue crab started off with a water gun from its left claw which Turquoise was expecting. “Dodge that and use pound. Treecko leaped out of the way before somersaulting towards Corphish ready to slam his tails on it. Suddenly Corphish began to give off a shine which was the move Harden which lessened the damage from pound. “Now use Leafage. Treecko unleashed his leafage from up close which dealt some damage but also made Corphish even angrier. Treecko retreated back to Turquosie’s side feeling cautious of what this crab would do next. Suddenly both of Corphish's claws were covered in a dark energy as it charged at Treecko.

“What’s Corphish doing now?” Aqua asked Fluttershy.

“It’s using Double Hit,” Fluttershy said.

“Dodge that Treecko. Treecko dodged Corphish’s attacks before retaliation by unleashing what looked like an energy rope from its mouth that suddenly stuck to corphish and began draining energy from it.

“What moves is that?” Turquoise asked.

“That’s Mega drain,” Fluttershy said as corphish got weaker. Once the rope retracted Corphish used this chance to flee back into the ocean to recover.

“Why did you not catch it? “Aqua asked.

“Because the point was not to catch that Corphish, it was to draw out an opponent for Treecko and Sprigatito to train with and it looks like my plan worked,” Turquoise as she checked Treecko's stats to see what other moves he learned. Turquoise was also glad he learned Detect which meant he could defend as well as attack.

“So are you planning on just fishing for opponents or do you intend to capture something?” Aqua asked.

“I might if the pokemon in question is useful,” Turquoise said.

“That Corphish was not useful?” Fluttershy asked.

“While it is indeed strong it looked like the kind of pokemon who would be hard to keep under control when things get tough and a wildcard like that would be too big of a risk in battle,” Turquoise said.

“I know what you mean, if it attacked the other trainer or worse the ref, you would be disqualified from the challenge,” Fluttershy said. The girls decided to take a break for lunch.


Meanwhile on the forest path Isabelle, Chris, and Meowth were walking slowly as their stomachs growled.

“No food anywhere,” Chris whined.

“It’s your fault for wasting our money,” Meowth said to isabelle.

“Well sorry if a girl like me needs the bare essentials for camping,” Isabelle said.

“Since when do expensive dresses count as bare essentials?” Chris asked. Suddenly they picked up the scent of Fluttershy’s cooking.

“Do you smell that?” Meowth asked.

“We sure do,” Isabelle and Chris said in unison with their mouths drooling. They followed the smell and once they saw where it was coming from they stopped and hid.

“What are the Dorkettes doing out here?” Isabelle asked.

Who cares, let's just take their food,” Chris said.

“Cool it you two, we need a plan, “Meowth said before he noticed that his two cohorts were not next to him.

“Hand over the food,” Isabelle and Chris shouted before Turquoise had Espeon use psychic to stop them in their tracks.

“You know i’m getting really fed up with you freaks constantly harassing my friends and I so give me one good reason why I should not have my Espeon send you three flying all the way to mars?” Turquoise said in a somewhat aggravated tone which really spooked them.

“Come on Dorkette, we are starving,” Chris pleaded.

“Yeah, have a heart,” Isabelle said. Turquoise considered it and decided to let them off just this once.

“Fine, but try anything and it’s blastoff time, got it?” Turquoise said.

“We promise,” All three of them said.

“Luckily for you three I made plenty so eat up and go before we change our minds,” Fluttershy said, also not too thrilled to see team Supernova. The three of them ate like it was their last meal which was obvious by how long they went with no food until now. As promised team Supernova had their fill and left since they had no nefarious schemes this time.

“I think we should totally hit the beach next,” Aqua said, wanting to show off her new swimsuit.

“Sounds good, let’s do that tomorrow,” Turquoise said.

“Really? How long are we staying on dewford island?” Fluttershy asked.

“Let’s see, I want to make sure my team is ready for Brawly, i saw how strong he was back in Saffron City and right now the rest of my team is not strong enough to face him, so i would say, a week, that’s how long are training will be,” Turquoise said.

“And that will be enough?” Aqua asked.

“Treecko made good progress with that Corphish alone but if we want to win against brawly it may be time for evolution,” Turquoise said.

“Evolution?” Aqua asked.

“It’s where a pokemon grows stronger and changes,” Turquoise explained.

“I wonder what Mudkip will look like once it evolves?” Aqua asked herself while imagining Mudkip as a giant muscled version of itself which made her uncomfortable.

“You could check the Pokedex and find out,” Turquoise suggested. Aqua did so and soon found her answer.

“Marchtomp, The Mud Fish pokemon and the evolved form of Mudkip, Living on muddy ground that provides poor footing has served to train its lower body and caused it to develop sturdy legs,” Aqua’s pokedex said.

“In any case I'm gonna return to fishing,” Turquoise said.


Meanwhile on the beach a cocky blue sea otter was fighting a bunch of Staryu and Starmie. Despite taking a lot of damage the sea otter won. Suddenly the sea Otter was able to manifest a blade of water from it’s shell which was exactly what it was aiming for.


The next day the girls were at the beach enjoying the sunny weather in their swimsuits. Aqua was especially happy about it as indicated by her and her pokemon running by the tides of the waves. As for Turquoise, she and her two pokemon were busy looking for opponents to train against.

“I know Brawly told her to train but does she ever just take time to relax?” Aqua asked Fluttershy.

“She does but when it comes to contests or gym battles she is very focused because she has a bigger goal she wants to reach,” Fluttershy said.

“And what goal is that?” Aqua asked.

“Tell me, have you ever heard of the Elite Four?” Fluttershy asked.

“You mean those four trainers that consist of some rich dude, a dancer, an ice lady, and an old sea captain?” Aqua asked clearly not familiar with their names.

“I am talking about Kanto’s Elite four,” Fluttershy said. “ And I believe the names you were looking for are Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake. Before Fluttershy could say more the same sea otter from yesterday rushed by and was preparing to strike at Turquoise until Sprigatito stopped it.

“What kind of pokemon are you?” Turquoise asked before pulling out her pokedex.

“Oshawott, The Sea Otter pokemon, It wields the scalchop on its stomach like a knife, blocking the moves of its enemies before slashing back at them in swift retaliation,” the pokedex said.

“I was hoping an opponent would show up,” Turquoise said. Osawott took that as a challenge which he accepted. “Sprigatito I chose you. Sprigatito stood ready to go. “Use magical leaf. Sprigatito unleashed her magical leaf which did not faze Oshawott in the least. Oshawott countered with water gun which pushed agianst the leaves for a moment before they changed direction and were heading for Oshawott. Just when it looked like they would hit Oshawott’s eyes glowed before he expertly avoided the leaves which was the move detect in action. It was clear to Oshawott that turquoise was not someone to take lightly and decided to try his new move to finish this. Oshawott grabbed his scalchop and created a blade of water which he used to slice Sprigatito with enough power to knock her out.

“What kind of move was that?” Aqua asked.

“That was Razor shell and a powerful one too,” Fluttershy said.

“Return Sprigatito,” Turquoise said as she recalled Sprigatito. “You did well, now rest. Turquoise was now determined to catch Oshawott after seeing his power in action. “Ok Treecko, it's your turn to battle. This next battle was an exchange between two warriors with both sides taking damage. Treecko was doing good but now it was time to see how good when faced with Oshawott’s Razor Shell Treecko closed his eyes and then used detect to dodge which left Oshawott open. “Now Treecko use leafage while Oshawott is open. Treecko unleashed his leafage which landed and caused Oshawott to fall face down. “Go Pokeball. Turquoise threw her Pokeball and after a few shakes it clicked shut which meant Oshawott now belonged to Turquoise. Suddenly Treecko began to glow with a white glow which Turquoise and fluttershy recognized but Aqua did not.

“What is happening to Treecko?” Aqua asked.

“He is evolving?” Fluttershy said as Treecko’s shape began to change. Sometime later a bigger gecko-like creature with a thin long leaf on his head and long leaf-like bumps under his arms stood where Treecko did. Turquoise pulled out her pokedex once again to learn more.

“Grovyle, The wood gecko pokemon and the evolved form of Treecko, Its strongly developed thigh muscles give it astounding agility and jumping performance,” The pokedex said.

“Awesome, we are now two steps closer to being ready for brawly,” Turquoise said.

“Two steps?” Aqua asked.

“Yep, with Grovyle and Oshawott, I now have more power in my corner,” Turquoise said.

“That’s great, now hand Sprigatito over so i can heal it,” Fluttershy said.

“Almost forgot,” Turquoise said as she called her out with Fluttershy ready with her potions. And so the day ends with Turquoise acquiring two new pokemon for her upcoming gym battle with Brawly. What kind of adventures await our girls next. Stay tuned. As the journey continues.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Turquoise's team
Espeon ♀ LV: 61 Moves: Psychic/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Sprigatito♀ LV:13 Moves: scratch/ Hone Claws/Magical leaf/Bite
Grovyle♂ LV:17 Moves: Mega Drain/Detect/leafage/Quick Attack
Oshawott♂ LV:17 Moves: Razor Shell/Detect/Water Gun/Focus Energy

Aqua's team
Mudkip ♀ LV:6 Moves: Tackle/ growl/ water gun/Rock smash
Zigzagoon ♂ Lv:5 Moves: Tackle/ growl/ sand attack

Fluttershy's Team
Cinderace ♂ LV: 45 Moves: Flame Charge/ Pyro Ball/ Headbutt/ Double Kick
Ursaring ♂ LV:30 Moves: Hammer Arm/ Focus Blast/Slash/ Metal Claw

Turquoise: Badges:1 Ribbons:1

I know the title might sound strange but it's a play on the proverb iron sharpens iron since Oshawott is like a wandering samurai and this chapter was meant for Treecko to catch up with the rest of Turquosie's team.