• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 915 Views, 11 Comments

A Cold World - Ice



It's never easy growing up, things like school, a social life etc all come into play....but what if in one sudden moment that's all taken away? This is the story of one little colt and his life.

  • ...
5
 11
 915

More like Garfield

Chapter Five

Four days later

"Come on dad, we're going to be late," shouted the blue colt at the bottom of the stairs, in the hall.

"Rightf, rightf," grumbled Force as he carried a brown suitcase in his mouth, as he slowly came down the stairs.

"Off so soon?" asked Silver poking her head out from the kitchen.

"Yeah, we've got to be there for five past eight," replied Force as he opened the door.

"Honey."

"Yes?"

"It's three minutes past, right now."

* * *

1 minute later

"EVERY CELESTIA DAMNED TIME!" thought Force as he was once again running through the streets with his son barely holding with his hooves around his neck.

"Dad," said the blue colt looking up at something.

"Nft now," grunted Force, his words sounding like gibberish due to the luggage he had in his mouth.
After another minute of Force galloping full speed down the streets, he finally came to a stop next to a lamp-post with a sign that read "East PPP (Public Pickup Point) "

"Damn, we... missed them," murmured Force as he took a deep breath in trying to catch his breath.

"Dad."

"Look son I'm so..." he stopped as he followed his son's hoof which was pointing to a large clock tower just across the street from them.

"It's only five past seven... but how... the clocks went back didn't they?" he asked looking at his son.

"Yep."

"And you never thought to say to me before we left the house?"

"Nope."

"... You know what this means don't you?"

"Unfertuantly."

"... It's unfortunately."

***

"Why should you hire a scarecrow? Because he's outstanding in his field," laughed Force to which he was returned with a cry of pain.

"Please Celestia, make him stop, they're so terrible," thought the blue colt, lying in the fetal position with his hooves covering his ears trying to block out his father's terrible puns, to no avail.



"Hello Mr. Putt," called a female voice across the street.

"Ah, hello Mrs Sharp-Pen, how are you today?"

"Oh I'm quite fine thank you and yourself?"

"Well both the kids are away for the weekend so Silver and I are having a special weekend all to ourselves."

"Ah... may I ask why you're seems to be in a state of shell shock?"

"No reason, just a father son talk," chuckled Force evilly.

"Ah, I understand," replied Mrs Sharp-Pen.

"Well, I'll see you later son, make sure to behave yourself... and remember."

"Remember what?"

"Try to enjoy yourself because a bad field trip is one you don't get up from," said Force, grinning like a mad-mare. To which the colt just turned mouthing the words "Help me" to his teacher as his father left laughing.

* * *

Ten minutes later

"Now that everypony is here, we're just waiting for the carriage to arrive and then we'll be leaving for Ponyville, make sure you're with your travel buddy and you've handed in your permission slips to go.

"So, Spark, who do you want to meet first?" asked the blue colt to his friend.

"I dunno, I'm just looking forward to going somewhere outside of the city,"

"I dunno, I like the city a lot," replied the blue colt.

"Yeah, but you've only lived here for a few years," countered Spark.

"It's not as if Scoltand was any different, we had cities there too, it's not all kilts and caggis you know," laughed the blue colt as Spark took a scarf out of his suit case and wrapped it round his stomach so it drooped down over his hind legs when he stood up on them.

"And 'ah suppose you and you're wee Scolttish armies plan tae take ma land away from me and ma fellow countrponies," said Spark with a think Scolttish accent.

"Oh aye, when 'ah finish pillaging you're pathetic wee toons, I'll be sure tae force feed half a ton of caggis tae all of yer commanding officers so 'ah shall," replied the blue colt, with both of them struggling to keep a straight face.

"Boys, don't do anything stupid near the road," said Mrs Sharp-Pen grabbing the scarf off of Spark and putting it back into his suitcase.

"Aww miss, we were just talking aboot ma... about Scoltand's history," whined the blue colt, quick to correct himself to "proper" Equis.

"Well if that's the case, you can write me a two page report on it when we back then," said Mrs Sharp-Pen as she began to gather all of the luggage as a large purple, gold-trimmed carriage; being pulled by two pegasi approached them.

* * *

"Now, is everypony in their seat?"

"Yes, miss," came an almost military reply.

"Good, I'll be in the front discussing something with a guard and I do not want to have to back to this carriage, do I make myself clear?"

And as expected a unison of "Yes, miss," was heard in return.

* * *

Around twenty minutes into the journey

"... and to finish off, Princess Celestia asked I gave you this note, just in case you misplaced the last one," said a mare, somewhat harshly, levitating a parchment in front of Mrs Sharp-Pen.

"Dear Mrs Sharp-Pen,
As my dear student Twilight-Sparkle, has only recently been coronated, I feel it would be best for her if she were to teach a large group of the younger generation as a lesson on guidance instead of throwing her instantly into the fray.
This is why I request, you and your class to visit Twilight Sparkle and the other element bearers as they her most trusted friends and will become her most trusted advisers in the future.
Should you accept, all the necessary details will be sent to you about the date, time and travel arrangements.

Yours Sincerely,

Princess Celestia."

"Thank you, now I do have one question though."

"Oh, and what would that be?"

"Well, we're just a small class; in a small city tucked away in a part of Equestria, why didn't she send some of the unicorns from her own school or one of the richer or even one of the closer schools?"

".... Well you see Miss Sharp-Pen...."

Author's Note:

To be continued... with 100% less puns.