• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,086 Views, 8 Comments

The Light's Love - Scremises117

  • ...
7
 8
 1,086

Introductions

We still sit here in each other’s embrace. After a few minutes I let go and looked up to her. When I looked up to her I saw her smile and the look on her face; the look of compassion, caring, and love. When my tears dried she let go and sat beside me I looked at her and couldn't look away. The way she showed compassion for me and how she cared for me was astounding. I was an alien in her world and she treated me like her own. She knew that something was wrong I know she knew. I looked away eventually breaking the perpetual gaze and looked up at the stars. I heard her inch her way closer to me and we sat there staring at the stars together. After a while I checked the time on my IPod it was 12:45 P.M, we were out here for longer than I thought. I then realized that I haven’t cried in years I thought I lost the ability to and I didn’t really mind it. She was my first friend to ever see me cry and I was happy five years of tears were spent on her. I heard the party in there dying down and noticed people leaving after a while.

“Thank you,” I muttered as I looked down at the ground between my legs, “for everything.”

“You’re welcome,” she said.

“I’m going to be completely honest with you I haven’t cried in years,” I said.

“Really, not even a single tear?” She asked a little surprise.

“No but with you I felt safe and when I felt your warm embrace I could feel everything I ever feared and all the pain I ever felt leave me. The song I was listening to also was a reason why I was crying but it made me remember all of the bad times. I see it fit to remember those times though they let you not lose touch in who you are. But when you hugged me you took it all away with your tender warm embrace I felt good for once in my life and I can say that without lying this time.” I said as I closed the gap between us.

“You’re welcome. I have a question for you though. Do you want to stay with me?” She asked but immediately blushed a little afterwards.

“You are the only one I really want to stay with to be honest with you,” I said
.

“Maybe we should go before it gets too late.”

“Yeah I agree with you let’s head back.” I said we started towards her house
.

The walk to her house didn't take long it was a few minutes at the most. I asked her what element she was and was not surprised kindness was it at all. She is of some of the nicest people I have met in my life. When we arrived most of her animals were still awake frolicking around and enjoying themselves.

“Alright little ones it’s time to head off too bed.” Fluttershy said waving her hoof and they all went to their appropriate places to rest. I stood in the corner waiting for her instructions.

“Well I guess I’ll show you where you’ll be sleeping here follow me.” She said yawning and walking up stairs. We after going upstairs we made it to a room with a single bed in it.

“This is where you will be staying for the night,” she said.

“Where are you sleeping Fluttershy?” I asked.

“The couch downstairs.”

“Fluttershy please sleep in your bed I’ll go sleep on the floor I’ve done it before I’ll be fine.”

“But you're a guest I can't do that to you.”

“Yes but you're my friend I’m not going to let you do that for me.”

“Alright but if you need anything I’m right up here.”

“Okay goodnight Fluttershy.” I said as I walked towards the door.

“Goodnight Paul.”

I closed the door and walked downstairs to the couch and grabbed one of the pillows to make a makeshift bed on the floor. I realized although it was a little cold outside I wasn’t really cold. I curled up in the fetal position with a small blanket that she left on the couch for herself. I was really tired after today and dosed off quickly. In my dream land I was having one of the greatest dreams I’ve ever had. It was like the light, but this time it was like it was telling me something.

“This is your only second chance,” the voice started saying, “as one chapter of your life closes this one opens.” The dream voice said.

“As you live this life, do not forget who you are or what has been done for you, and now our time is over it is time for you to wake up…”
_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Paul wake up it’s morning.” Fluttershy said as she poked my arm for me to wake up.

“Huh, what?” I stammered as I turned over to see her sanding over me and the drool rolled down my cheek.

“Good morning,” she said happily.

“Good morning, Fluttershy.” I said as I stood up and check my IPod which read 9:30 A.M.

“Would you like to join me for some breakfast?” She asked.

“I would love too,” I said as I stood up to join her for breakfast.

“I made pancakes,” She said as she put a plate in front of me, “I hope you enjoy them.” They reminded me of my grandmother’s pancakes, light and fluffy with the hint of butter for extra flavor. I ate them quickly but still savoring every bite and while trying to not look like a pig.

“Wow you were really hungry huh?” She asked as she giggled at my puffed up cheeks. I knew exactly what I used do with a full mouth that always made people laugh.

“Mmmhhhmm.” I said as I gave her a goofy smile with my puffed up cheeks. She immediately burst into laughter which was exactly what I wanted her to get from it. After a few minutes of me making silly faces and strange noises for her enjoyment I stopped and finished my breakfast.

“Oh, I almost forgot today we’re going to Twilight’s house she said she had more questions for you.”

“I already know it’s going to be a lot of questions.” I said as I got up from the table and put the plate in the sink.

“Maybe we should get going, oh and later I want to take you to Rarity’s to get you a new shirt seeing yours has blood on it,” she said.

“Alright, are you sure I don’t want to waste anyone’s time on making me a shirt,” I said as I opened the door for her to go out.

“She loves using her talent to help others trust me she won’t mind.”

“Alright, so did you have a good night’s sleep?” I asked her.

“Oh yes I did, but I was worried about you on the hard floor out there. Did you have a good night’s sleep?” She asked me with a look of concern on her face.

“Yeah I slept fine I dozed off quickly since it was late it wasn’t that bad either on the floor.”

“Oh, alright well at least it wasn't too bad.”

“Not bad at all.” I said as I remembered the dream I had last night.

After a few minutes of walking we made it to Twilight’s house which was actually a tree. I was surprised someone would build a house inside of a tree. As we walked in we were greeted by an empty room and nobody home.

“Twilight, Spike, we're here.” Fluttershy said as she called out to anyone that was home.

“Alright I'm coming,” said an almost teenage voice from up stairs, “here take a se-AH!” Spike exclaimed as he looked at me.

“Twilight wasn’t kidding when she said alien,” he said as he walked over to me to give me a handshake, “my name is Spike nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too Spike, I’m Paul,” I said as I returned the handshake, “so where is Twilight anyways?”

“She’s upstairs fixing up her room she should be down any second now.”

“I’m here,” Twilight said as she walked down the stairs, “Hello everypony.”

“Hello Twilight,” both Fluttershy and I said in unison.

“Hello you two I was hoping to be able to ask you a few more questions Paul and observe you for a little bit.”

“Observe me?” I asked a little bit curious and worried as to what she meant.

“Like look at your body structure and I also have a few questions to ask you, but I first would like to tell you that I did notify Princess Celestia about you,” she said as she turned to Spike, “ here Spike please send this to the Princess for me.”

“Can do Twilight,” was all he said then he burnt the letter. I guess he just sent it because the flame seemed to fly out side of the window.

“Alright Paul now to my questions, you should get comfortable because I sure do have a lot.”
Oh boy.


After at least thirty minutes of question from Twilight we heard a knock at the door.

“Oh who can that be the library is closed today anyway.” Twilight muttered as she walked over to the door.

“P-Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,” Twilight said as she bowed before.

“Yes my faithful student I am here to talk about this Paul.”

“He’s sitting over there.” She said as she pointed over to me.

At first glance they looked like regular ponies but with the horn, wings, and ethereal hair they were anything but regular. When Celestia saw me her mouth went agape.

“It is true a human,” Celestia said as she put her hoof over her mouth, “please come with my sister and I we must talk in private.” She said as she beckoned me to follow them outside.

“Alright,” I said as I followed the two Princesses to the back of the house.
“How did you get on my planet,” Celestia asked getting right to business, “and what business have you here?

“I died from an incurable disease.” I said being blunt about things.

“That still doesn't explain what you are doing on my plant!” She said in an angry tone.

“I don't know really how I got here and I don’t really know what I’m doing here I’m basically alone on this strange planet.”

“You will tell me how you got here or I will turn you to stone and put you on display in my garden.” She hissed getting uncomfortably close to me.

“You want to know about me fine. My name is Paul I was abused as a child. I had very few friends and was always useless. I lived out my life alone and I died alone I had nobody to say I loved and they loved me back. I was living out my days in depression and dealing with the scars that nobody can see.I even had to kill someone just to protect my family then when that happened people misjudged me they looked at what I had to do and not me.Every day I had people looking at me like a monster when all I wanted was a friend.Then one day I figured out one day that I had only six months to live. The day I died I died knowing I couldn't do anything about it, nothing. You want to know the worst part of it I found it good that I didn't have many that missed me but the few that I know will I think about them constantly I always feel like a monster for putting them through what I did. I always wanted to be alone so nobody would miss me and now the ones that do are burnt into my mind. My own mother will have to watch her son be taken into a coffin and know she couldn't do anything to prevent his death. I think you know enough about me.” I said.

“Sister he means no harm please just stop,” Luna said.

“I’m sorry I didn't mean what I said like that,” she said in a much softer voice, “my name is Celestia Princess of the sun.” I could see she was trying to start over.

“No offense but I like the moon better anyways.” I said.