• Published 26th Nov 2023
  • 125 Views, 2 Comments

Ready to Rumble - a Ciderfest App Story - Snowday_Pegasus



Iron Will has found a page from the Book of All Stories, and he used it to start a professional wrestling league

  • ...
 2
 125

Beginning: Step into the Squared Circle

“Ponyville Ciderfest 2023, everycreature of the multiverse! Steaming Live from the CWF MinotaurNado Airship, currently moored to the Hilton Marewaukee City Center! We’re here to bring you edge-of-your-seat commentary on Tonight’s ‘Creature Wrestling Federation’ Pay-Per-View event, ‘Crossworld-Carnage!’ I’m Iron Will, President of the CWF!”

“And I am Gladmane, famous Las Pegasus tycoo–

“Former tycoon. Didn’t you lose your Casino?”

“And it still breaks my heart, but I thought you lost your Airship to the bank after that “Princess Cruise” fiasco. Where did you find the funding for all of this?”

“Magical page; made a wish, of course!”

“I reckon that’s as fair of a way to become successful as anything.”

Grubber’s voice booms. “Approaching the ring, in the blue corner, weighing in at a combined total of 1265 pounds, one is an expert smasher, the other flies slow and screams loud, Prince Rutherford and Bulk Biceps are… Stampede Smash!”

Gladmane grins. “Iron Will, I wagered on their opponents. But I’ll admit these two look mighty formidable, uh-huh-uh-huh!”

“Best of luck to you, I’m betting on Stampede Smash! These two icons are absolute powerhouses!”

Grubber says, “And in the red corner, with a combined weight of 700 pounds– 97 percent of which goes to the centaur, the Legion of Darkness, Lord Tirek and Fluffy… Fury!”

Iron WIll says, “Angel Bunny making his debut as Tirek’s tag-team partner. I’m amazed this hare made the cut, but Tirek’s manager, Cozy Glow, must have seen something she liked.”

“How right you are, and Cozy Glow’s game is deception. I think this bunny is going to surprise us.”

Ding! Ding Ding!

Iron Will shouts, “Tirek and Rutherford squaring off first. Rutherford charges at Tirek, Tirek sidesteps, Rutherford off the opposite rope, headbutt! Tirek is staggering. Rutherford off the ropes again, another headbutt. Again. Ohhh, Tirek bucks Rutherford. Tirek on the offensive now with a chop, and another, and another! Rutherford goes low and hooks his horns under Tirek’s arms. Is it? The Yakkaplex! Rutherford flips Tirek onto his back!”

“Even for a Yak, tossing 694 pounds like that is mighty impressive.”

“Tirek’s slow getting up. Rutherford tags in Bulk Biceps. Biceps wasting no time, climbing the turnbuckle!”

Biceps reaches the top of the ring corner, raises his arms screaming, “Yeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!”

Iron Will yells, “It’s the Pegasus Plunge!”

“Tirek is down again! Oh, I’m not liking the looks of this.”

“Neither are Cozy Glow and Fluffy Fury; they’re in a panic! Biceps tagging in Rutherford, Rutherford climbing the ropes now for the Himalayan Splash. The crowd chanting ‘Yak Smash Yak Smash!’ This could be it for Tirek; Fluffy may not even get to wrestle.”

“There goes my 500 Bits– wait, what’s happening? Cozy Glow hurt her wing somehow. She’s in tears! Poor thing. The referee coming over to make sure she’s OK–”

“Ref, that’s not your job!”

“She’s just too adorable. Look at her. How could you resist helping that poor, defenseless, filly?”

“Look! Fluffy Fury running across the rope like a gymnast, he just hit Rutherford with a carrot! Rutherford falls off the turnbuckle to the floor on the outside. Ref still checking on Cozy Glow, turn around!

“The crowd is on their feet now, and I’m gonna win big.”

“They’ve still gotta get through Bulk Biceps though.”

[CHOICE]

Who are you rooting for?

> Stampede Smash. (Chaos)
> Legion of Darkness. (Villain)