• Published 4th Nov 2023
  • 230 Views, 1 Comments

The Journey to Old Ponyville - CapperLightFan23



Taking place as Twilight’s Second Coronation Day in ‘The Last Problem’ except, in the alternate universe, something terrible happened in a twist…

  • ...
 1
 230

Three Months Later

Night has fallen in the peaceful village of Ponyville where the former Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle, had lived there since defeating Nightmare Moon when she was actually a unicorn at the time before she earned her wings and her title.

Inside her castle, that was placed near the waterfalls and the view between both Canterlot and the Crystal Empire, was Twilight sleeping peacefully in her bed with her purple cover wrapped around her. On her doorstep, of her bedroom was Capper Dapperpaws staring at her with a worried look on his face.

💖🌟💖

Three months ago, Capper was there to witness the horror of the Dark Knight tearing Twilight’s wings off after draining out of the magic of friendship and the half of alicorn powers from the four princesses but not Princess Flurry Heart since Shining Armor be able to protect her from that monster while attacking everycreature who stood in his way.

Capper was the only one who be able to catch Twilight on time as she fallen from the sky where the tragedy strike her wings, he never left her side as everycreature tried to mend her with all the needs as he cradled her to hold on. He didn’t be able to sleep the entire night and refused to eat or drink as he kept an eye on her, he had never been so caring for Twilight before as he treated her as a friend but the thought of her falling was a huge reminder of himself as how he fall from the airship when his old friend Chummer McClaw left him to die like that.

A week later, Twilight had recovered from her injuries, but Princess Celestia wasn’t be able to see her after what that Dark Knight said was horrifying true, which meant that she won’t give Twilight the wings as she deserve to be a unicorn than an alicorn, that also caused Twilight to not be a princess anymore as well.

Everypony still respects her as she was a princess to them and she did saved their lives from being in the darkness and being alone, she understood friendship very well but she didn’t want to keep being everypony’s teacher and a princess that she was no longer one anymore…

Capper did heard that she had an argument with her friends when they were trying to convince her to talk to Celestia as Princess Luna and Princess Cadance took her role when the oldest alicorn struggled to cope after what happened.

Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Rarity were devastated when their friendship suddenly falls apart and they decided to go their separate ways to calm down.

And actually found something unexpectedly…

🍎Applejack still stays in Ponyville with her family at Sweet Apple Acres when something bad happens when Apple Bloom had an accident, and almost lost one of her legs because of the school trip that she and the other students went. That caused Applejack to keep a very eye on her and refused to let her little sister go on those school trips without her or their older brother just for their little sister’s safety. Apple Bloom had a scar because of the incident, and she had been dreaming of exploring new things than being an eye on from her family that she and Applejack usually argued about it

But then one day, Applejack and Big Macintosh were checking the apples when Apple Bloom found them and told them that Granny Smith was slowly dying due to her heart failing. She had to spend all of her final days in the hospital with other doctors and nurses trying to keep her stay strong, but she had a heart to meet her son again as she had waited for so long and told her grandchildren that she will help their parents in heaven and tell them about their kids, that was the night she passed away so peacefully with a smile on her face.

She was good pony to all the ponies whose meet her in their lives…

The Apple Children be able to have a funeral for their grandmother five days later with the help of the Flim Flam Brothers who were grieving as well, and the five decided to put their differences in the past and move on as they work together as a team and a family…

🦋Fluttershy decided to stay with Discord for a while until she was ready to come home in Ponyville, but she knew that she had to look after her animal friends when Discord asked Zecora to look after her animals in the meantime.

Capper chuckled as he remembered that Fluttershy and Discord were still had each other as they were good friends for a long time now when things got tough after Twilight’s coronation. Fluttershy kept having nightmares about her wings being teared off in front of her eyes and Discord would be the one to get Princess Luna to help her overcame her fears and nightmares, while Discord had been overprotective of keeping Fluttershy safe from something bad happening.

Then one day, Fluttershy and Discord were heading to the Everfree Forest to meet Zecora where they got attacked by Timberwolves and Discord managed to save both of them, but he had few injuries and Fluttershy healed him slowly but surely with the help of Zecora and Mage Meadowbrook.

At that moment, both Fluttershy and Discord confessed that they were falling in love with each other ever since King Sombra attempted to rule over Equestria. Their friendship that blossomed into a love story reminded Capper of his favourite book called ‘Beauty and the Beast’ that he used to read when he was a kitten…

🎈Pinkie Pie tried to stay happy while living her home with the Cake Family as she doesn’t want to live with her family at the Rock Farm. Even after what happened that terrible incident, she thought that she should be happy with Twilight still alive. But after the argument, Pinkie Pie hide her depression from everypony around her, including her family and friends.

But when Cheese Sandwhich came to Ponyville just see her, Pinkie Pie couldn’t take it anymore and started to cried after she told him what happened. She lost her fun personality and her colour of pink was turning grey as the depression finally showed, she ran away as she doesn’t want everypony to see her like this. When Cheese Sandwiche and Mr Carrot Cake arrived, they came just in time as Pinkie Pie was about to end her life but those two managed to talk her way out of it and took her to the hospital to check in.

Cheese Sandwich never left her side as he kept her company and tells her his fun stories that he had before and after meeting her for the first time and the second time, Pinkie Pie was slowly getting her fun personality back and smiled at her friend to be there. He brought the girls as well which made Pinkie Pie even more happy and thanked Cheese Sandwich for cheering her up, this was the time when Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich began their relationship after they confessed their love for each other as they had a lot in common…

♦️Rarity almost lost her fashion career as she couldn’t believe that her friendship with her five friends had been faded away, she kept her distance away from everycreture except her family who were very worried about her, and Spike would come and visit her home sometimes.

Rarity was travelling to Canterlot just to see everycreature’s fashion and may give them advice on how they would look until she bumped into Fancypants who noticed her depression and decided to help her to get back her fashion passion back by visiting her more than Spike ever did since he was helping students at the School of Friendship along with Starlight Gimmer and Sumset Shimmer who came back from the human world through the Magic Mirror.

During that time, Fancypants began to have feelings for Rarity as she started to get her fashion sense into her again. He never really had a strong feelings for her than his girlfriend Fleur De Lis which caused him to break up with her just to be with Rarity who had no idea that Fancypants would do.

When Fancypants explained why he did that and confessed his love for her, Rarity couldn’t help but kiss him as he was being a pure gentleman to her than Prince Blueblood ever did at the first Grand Galloping Gala.

Since then, Fancypants and Rarity were having an relationship that has been spread throughout Ponyville and Canterlot which some of the creatures were glad that somepony would be there for their favourite fashion designer and Spike was happy for the couple…

🌩️Rainbow Dash fought hard to still be as awesome as she could be since her friendship breakup, she was a Wonderbolts and she must proved that she was the best of everything.

But then, she was taking the pride too much that she almost got killed and lost her wing while flying through the dangerous performance that she didn’t listen what the performance was about as she was too focused on missing her friends.

Spitfire nearly quit the Wonderbolts out of guilt for not pay attention to the show performance turned downhill but Soarin was determined to keep the Wonderbolts together by asking Spitfire to have a break for a while until everything was sorted out and check Raimbow Dash during the hospital visit, they would talk about their performances and problems with their family and friends in the meantime until they found their share of Daring Do’s adventures.

Once Rainbow Dash got out of the hospital, she and the others Wonderbolts found out that Spitfire decided to keep everypony safe with strict rules when it came to performing the show. Despite that they’d never been as fast as they would do, Rainbow Dash secretly made her own performances just for her family and friends with the help of Soarin who thought it was great that they could do the two best performances of Spitfire’s slow and safe rules and Rainbow Dash’s determination and bravery shows.

Little did she know that Soarin slowly had a crush on her which Capper was told by him…

💖🌟💖

Capper went to the balcony and gazed at the stars, he sighed as he watched them twinkling. He remembered having Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst teaching the students how to study the stars in a way they never could do before, usually they would use the stars to guide their way home when they might be lost.

Ever since Twilight quit being the Principal of the Friendship School, Starlight Glimmer took over with the help of Sunburst and Trixie who became the Guidance Counselling along with Sunset Shimmer who decided to stay in Equestria for a while until she was ready to return to the human realm. The four unicorns became a really good teams that the Young Six would sometimes lend a hand as well when the others students were struggling with learning about friendship.

Capper was be able to took the lead sometimes when Starlight was struggling to be the principal while Spike would visit them as he was living in Canterlot by helping the two sisters of coping with their own problems in ruling as they were accused of forcing Twilight to take their place as they were about to retire.

But that didn’t happen because of what happened in Twilight’s coronation…

While Capper was gazing at the stars and recalling those tough days, Princess Luna came in while flying above the balcony.

Hardly enough that Capper didn’t notice her appearance until she spoke, “Capper?”

Capper suddenly snapped out of his trace and looked up at the Princess of the Night, “Oh… Hello, Princess Luna.”

“You seem distracted,” Luna pointed out.

“Oh,” Capper replied. “Yeah, I couldn’t get to sleep until I decided to check on Twilight and just to come out for fresh air while gazing at the stars.”

“That’s alright,” Luna said before she gently landed on the balcony and stand next to the cat. “I sensed your dreams about what happened three months ago might have effected your sleeping mind at risk of stopping you from having those nightmares. I could tell that your nightmares were trying to get worsen if you kept staying awake more.”

“I…” Capper knew exactly what Luna was saying as he was struggling to sleep as the nightmares were getting more intense and struggling to keep himself awake just to avoid them.

He had nightmares about his old best friend betraying him while watching him falling from the sky before he was in Canterlot Castle where he watched helplessly as Twilight was viciously attacked by her wings been teared of…

Capper shuddered and shook his head, he really doesn’t want to think about as he replied. “You know me, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Of course,” Luna replied. “And I will not force you, Capper. You are Twilight’s friend, and have been a good help to her after her coronation day that… never… happened… when the Dark Knight rose up and attacked us all. But I know that attack trouble Twilight and including you still, both in your wakings and in your dreaming hours.”

Capper sighed, “Yeah… It kept repeating in my and Twilight’s dreams that day where it somehow changed everycreatures’ lives.”

“That’s true,” Luna said. “And of course, the dreams can smell guilt and fear. You still think there was something one of us could have done?”

Capper’s ears went down as he thought about it…

“Maybe,” Capper can only replied. “But I don’t know the answer myself can reply to that question, Princess. While I was at the Friendship School, helping students in understanding friendship, some of the students decided to not attend the school because they felt that Twilight doesn’t want them anymore. No matter how hard they tried to prove to her that they learned as much as they could to please her.”

Capper paused as he recalled the day that three students were talking about leaving and never came back, “Maybe there was nothing all of us could have done. Or maybe there was something we shouldn't have done. Maybe Celestia shouldn't have put Twilight in the position of becoming the ruler of Equestria, so you two could retire. Maybe I shouldn’t stop that Dark Knight from breaking Twilight into pieces with words that strike her. Or maybe Twilight should have had a word with Celestia about her ruling the land if that what she wants Twilight to do. Twilight did told me that Celestia never asked her for anything and yet, she kept giving her so many opportunities that was too much for her.”

“My sister thought that Twilight Sparkle was stronger than both of us since she had a special gift that connected friendship for the elements of harmony,” Luna pointed out. “She thought that Twilight would do anything to keep Equestria safe as she loved this land since it was her home, she would also sacrifice her life for everyone. Twilight thought now that my sister was using her to do all the work, even though she knew that we were no longer connected to the elements. And it strikes me that Twilight have not lived very much since she got recovering, merely... existed.”

“Princess Luna,” Capper spoke. “It’s been three months since she recovered and I get that she haven’t been seen, but… don’t say that… because it might hurt Twilight too much to hear it if she finds out about it.”

“It occurs to me that a lot of things have hurt too much for Twilight to confront,” Luna said.

Capper looked at her in confusion, “Meaning?”

“She remain here in Ponyville still except inside the castle, instead of going outside to see everyone,” Luna explained. “You helping her to get back on track except she pushed everycreatures away and rather stay in her library five days and during the weekends when the students were off at the school, and also she could only see you, Sunset and Starlight but not other creatures. Even her family had stopped trying after she told them that she doesn’t want to see them again. It’s been three months since the last time she saw her family and friends.”

“I’ve spent a week stayed by her side until she was fully recovered from her injuries,” Capper sighed.

“This is true,” Luna replied. “And yet, for three months, have you had any thoughts about talking to Twilight about this? I’m not trying to make you understand me, Capper. I am trying to make you see that… Don’t you think it’s time for Twilight to see everycreatures after three months of isolating herself from others?”

Capper sighed, turning away from the princess and walked across the balcony into his bedroom, unable to meet Luna's eyes.

He hang his head unsure, sighing. “That monster could have killed so many creatures while I was just… holding Twilight unconscious in my arms; I actually felt myself and her feeling so… useless. The girls couldn't save Twilight from happening even though they tried but… The pillars or the Young Six never even got a chance to help you, Celestia and Cadance... the girls... and Twilight... from the Dark Knight who took everything…” His ears went down as he tried to hold back his tears, “I'm just glad that Twilight is still alive. The rest of the girls and you princesses. I know a lot of creatures think that day was too far to witness the shocking moment, but… what matters is that no one had died that day…”

Luna followed him, he doesn’t know that her ears went down and she shed a tear. She looked hurt, but she was remained calm as she replied. “Indeed, they all do think that. And I know the pillars were still guilty that they wouldn’t be able to save everycreatures, despite their injuries did affect them and no one didn’t died that day. Starswirl is still struggling to cope with the action that he showed after… Twilight’s near death experience…”

“I’m sure he will come around someday,” Capper sighed. “I’ve never seen him in so much shock and rage at the moment I’ve be able to catch Twilight on time. I may not know him, but I can see that it was the first time he had ever experienced something like that.”

Capper truly remembered when he catch Twilight in his arms, he noticed Starswirl the Bearded stood in shock and horror before it turned into full rage and hatred until his horn magically glowed from white to black which made everyone realise that he was using dark magic.

It was completely dark between Starswirl and the Dark Knight.

It was too much until Princess Cadence be able to snapped him out of his dark thoughts and Dark Knight be able to escape before everyone got the chance, no creatures had no idea how that day ended so bad or that they never seen the dark side of Starswirl who suddenly regretted it…

“He sometimes visits Twilight while I was still standing by her side,” Capper mentioned. “He still felt guilty about not being there for her instead of attacking that person who almost killed her…”

“The Dark Knight seems to be at war with us,” Luna replied. “His powers seem to be more powerful than each of us strong unicorn and alicorn could ever imagine to have, so he might have decided that his powers would destroy everycreatures who had a strong friendship with each other and he did succeed with some who suffered from his powers. I think the fears he gave to those were quick enough to not get involved with us anymore for the School of Friendship. As for the rest of the students… I simply do see what the Dark Knight did to Twilight was truly shocking to everyone who had witnessed it that night. I have seen many negative nightmares about the day that was meant to be the happiest day of everyone’s lives but instead… it was… awful to them… to wanted to forget that day but still remember for three months now. Some of them wanted to check on Twilight while others wanted to leave the school and never come back until everything would be alright again.”

“Some of them were doing pretty well who be able to learn about friendship both inside and outside of the school, I hear.” Capper replied, “Some of them just wish it was just a dream, or a nightmare even, and forget all about it.”

“And you do help them out by talking to them about their feelings?” Luna asked.

“Trixie tried several times when she was told by the other students who saw some upsetting moments they had while studying friendship in the school,” Capper replied. “But some rather kept it to themselves than let others help them. One of them, Lavender Rose, said that she’s better off to sort it out herself than let Trixie or the others help her. She kinda told Starlight that she never wanted anything to do with friendship as she rather studied magic instead. I can tell that she never meant to say that as I noticed the look in Starlight’s eyes that made Lavender felt guilty before leaving the room. I couldn’t stand the lost in everyone’s eyes when I told them that Twilight doesn’t want to see anyone who asks for a visit with her. Twilight said that she couldn’t bring herself to see anyone and the students were struggling as the other girls, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash, were not allowed to go to the school and teach others. Some said that they quit their jobs before they were fired at the argument they had three months ago. We have to those ponies to replace them and we managed to get some that are good at teaching the students, but I can tell that it’s still not the same as it used to be.”

Capper looked up at the stained glass and realised that they were taking while taking a walk down the hall, the stained glass showed Twilight falling while her wings had been teared off by the Dark Knight as the other three princesses’ cutie marks were darken by fiery shadows.

“Twilight and the other girls were the Elements of Harmony,” Capper said while gazing at Twilight’s tears. “And now, they’re the Elements of… Disharmony? Or nothing… Worthlessness? Shame… Or even weakness…” He softly growled himself, “I hate what Twilight had become now and I hate how the others are as well. I just want everything to be back to normal as I kept seeing Twilight broken every time she had a nightmare, kept seeing her blaming herself for not doing anything to stop the Dark Knight from hurting anyone else.”

Capper remembered when Twilight woke up from her injuries and realised what happened, she was alright tearing up and blaming herself for everything. That made the cat comforted her as she cried out for her parents and her big brother who came in and saw what happened, while Starswirl kept his head down in shame and tried his hardest to not shed tears in front of them.

“I understand what you are saying,” Luna, who had listened to Capper, replied. “Some I may or may not agree. You wanted everything to be back to normal as it was, it seems like your nightmares and Twilight’s are a message, Capper Dapperpaws.”

“A message of what?” Capper asked.

“They are your own heart telling you that you have things you must set everything right,” Luna explained. “Things you must do, and things you must let others know about their friendships.”

A realisation hits Capper and he turned to Luna, “Princess… I… I don’t think Twilight wants to see them even if I tried to tell her again.”

Luna looked at the cat in slight confusion, “Why not?”

“Because…” Capper paused as he remembered the last time he tried to talk to Twilight about seeing the girls again, he sighed. “Because she doesn’t want anything to do with them. Like she is blaming them for not being there for her while trying to stop the Dark Knight.”

“Capper…” Luna spoke, “You know that no one was to blame for what happened as we did not know that day would come to this. Twilight can’t blame the girls for what happened anymore than the girls themselves can. Especially me and my sister.”

Capper looked at her and asked, “What?”

“Trust me on this,” Luna replied. “I’ve checked with the girls after their struggles due to three months, Spike asked me if I could check on them while he checked with my sister. While I was checking with the girls, I sometimes felt like I was to blame for letting my sister turned Twilight into an alicorn as I knew something dark would come in our way. And I was right.”

“Luna,” Capper said. “If you knew, why didn’t you tell Celestia about your doubts?”

“She won’t accept on what I’d say,” Luna said. “But I felt like my sister was blaming herself than I would be the only one as well. Seemed like everyone might feel the blame for everything that happened.” Luna sighed while looking at the stained glass window of Twilight’s near death experience.

She then asked Capper, “Do you really think three months had been gone for a long time now?”

“It had been long enough,” Capper sighed.

“Then do you think Twilight and her friends would hold still what happened against each other?”

Capper felt uncomfortable with that question as he wasn’t sure what to answer, “I don’t know…”

“Truly?” Luna asked sternly.

Capper thought about it for a moment before he finally replied, “No. No, they wouldn’t. Hopefully.”

“Go and talk to Twilight one last time, Capper.” Luna spoke, “Tell her that she must reconnect her friends as this has been too long.”

“And if she refuses it?” Capper asked, feeling a bit worried about Twilight’s safety.

“Then you must find a way to get them to be together just for one hour,” Luna said. “Tell her that seeing her friends and talk to them is not a request; It is an order from the Princess of the Night.”

Capper sighed, “Alright. I’ll do it. I’ll try my hardest.”

“Good,” Luna spoke with a sigh. “I’ll let Spike know that we talked and might tell him to visit you,”

“No,” Capper said. “Once I have a word with Twilight if she said yes, I’ll send him a letter.”

“Very well,” Luna said before left the hall and head towards the balcony before took flight to the sky and headed to Canterlot.

Capper returned to the balcony and looked up at the stars, he sighed while rubbing the back of his head with his paw. “It’s benn too long now. Why did something like that happen when we weren’t ready for any impact? Instead, she…” Capper tried to fight off tears that were filled up in his eyes, “I miss the friendship that we had since the Friendship Festival. I miss sending them letters. Spend time together. Seeing Twilight smile when one of us learned friendship. Talking and laughing with them. Learning from them. Just… being with them made me feel… happy.”

He then wiped his tears away from his eyes, “Come on, Capper. Luna wants you to just talk to Twilight again and hope she does talk to the girls. Remember what everyone taught you when you’re little, stay strong for the ones you care. Remember what Twilight taught you about friendship and stay strong.”.

Author's Note:

Now this chapter where Capper and Luna talked is based on the scene between Twilight and Luna from All’s Well That Ends in Friendship is Tragic

Comments ( 1 )

I find this story, very interesting to read and can't wait for the next chapter

Login or register to comment