• Published 2nd Oct 2023
  • 425 Views, 71 Comments

Family Trip - TheKing2001



Sunset goes on a strictly family only roadtrip, learning about her mother and aunts in the process

  • ...
0
 71
 425

Chapter IX


Sunset


“Where exactly are we going?” Ruby asked curiously as she poked her head out between the seats. We had left the camping grounds about a few hours ago and were currently sitting in traffic on the highway.

“Buffalo. City in New York, right against the US Canadian border,” Aunt Minuette explained as she looked up from her phone.

“Nice place. Our uncle lived there. Had a lot of land and would go hunting all the time,” Aunt Berry said with a smile. “Good times. Love me Buffalo. Also, don’t tell Fluttershy about him hunting.”

That was a pretty logical idea. Fluttershy would absolutely freak the fuck out if she knew about that.

“Passports!” Aunt Cherry called out as she rested her hand on the steering wheel. I found it slightly intriguing that you needed passports to travel to some states. Mom opened the glove box and handed all of our passports to my other aunt. “Thank you.”

“Passports please,” a bored looking woman said as Aunt Cherry handed them through the window. “Thirty one dollars, please.”

“Here ya go!” Aunt Cherry said with surprising enthusiasm as she handed the money over. The woman handed the passports back and Aunt Cherry tossed them in the glove box.

“You’re good to go. Enjoy you visit to New York,” the woman said like a robot as the bar lifted and Aunt Cherry drove through.

“Finally!” Aunt Berry exclaimed and stretched her arms. “How’s it feel to finally come to a different state, you four?”

“Cool I guess,” Scootaloo said as she looked out the windows. “Feels kinda the same. We’re only here for three days, right?”

“Correct,” Mom said as she examined a pamphlet. “We’re going to Niagara Falls, riding the Maid of the Mist, Theodore Roosevelt Site, a hockey game and Buffalo navel park. Maybe next year we can go to New York City.”

“What’s a navel park?” Diamond Tiara asked as she leaned against my shoulder. I sat squished between her and Silver Spoon as Aunt Berry sat in the back with Scootaloo, Aunt Minuette and Ruby.

“It has four decommissioned navy ships on Lake Erie. Never been there but I heard it’s cool,” Aunt Minuette explained as we watched cars flying past. “If you want, we might be able to squeeze a helicopter ride in.”

“Maybe,” Mom said worriedly. “Helicopters are dangerous. I’m not entirely comfortable sending my children up in one.”

“She’s got a point,” Aunt Berry called out as she gently shook Ruby. “Wake up, kid. We’re exiting the highway for our hotel soon.”

“Give me ten more minutes.”


I flopped down on my bed of the hotel and stretched out with my phone sitting next to me. I was sharing a room with Aunt Cherry but she was currently showering.

“Show us the room already!” Rainbow shouted as Derpy, Lightning Dust, Applejack and Trixie laughed. I picked up the phone and turned the camera one.

“I miss you guys. We will be back in about four or five days,” I said as I turned the phone around and showed off each aspect of the room. “Can’t show the bathroom because Aunt Cherry is currently naked taking a shower.”

“Trixie thinks Rainbow would find that fun to watch.”

I gagged a bit at the thought of seeing my aunt naked. I’ve only ever seen Mom without clothes on accidentally and that practically scarred me for life. Note to self, never walk into the bathroom and expecting it to be empty at the house anymore.

“So what’s it’s like? Are ya having fun?” Applejack asked as I nodded enthusiastically.

“Damn right! We had some problems with Scootaloo and the woods but we sorted that out. Me and Aunt Cherry have been hanging out a lot. Played hide and seek with the others, went hiking, roasted marshmallows and more,” I listed off all our activities as Applejack smiled.

“Good. Family is important. Octavia and Vinyl won their music competition by the way,” Applejack said as my eyes widened.

“Nice! That’s probably what Vinyl just texted me.”

“Is Scootaloo all right?” Rainbow asked as I admired Derpy’s hair. Derpy turned red and rolled her eyes. “Ugh, get a room you two!”

“Oh we will soon enough,” I winked as Rainbow gagged again. Trixie and Lightning laughed as I faintly identified Watermelody in the background of Trixie’s camera. “And yeah she’s fine. How’s Sweetie Belle?”

“Good. Teaching her football. She’s not that great but she enjoys it.”

“I got everything ready for when you get here,” Derpy said as I nodded. “Mom threatened to skin you if you hurt me by the way.”

“What’s going on?” Lightning asked curiously as she looked between us. “I’ve never meet Derpys mom either.”

“We will tell you in person. And her mom is named Pit Stop. She’s part of a nascar crew, she changes the tires of the car and all that. She’s home now because the season is over,” I explained as Derpy nodded. Inside, I was terrified. I met her dad and I know who scares me more. And it’s not the dad.

“That’s so fucking cool,” Rainbow said and sighed. “Yeah, I’m coming Mom! I gotta go dinner is ready.”

“See ya,” I waved as Rainbow left the call.

“Me and Trixie have a movie night so we will see you later,” Watermelody said as she leaned over Trixie’s shoulder and left the call before we could say anything.

“Damn, I wanted to ask if Snails asked Sweetie Belle out yet,” I fumed as Lightning laughed.

“He did yeah. She said yes. Pissed her ex off pretty bad.”

“I gotta go too. Gotta look after Dinky. Love you!” Derpy said and blew a kiss. I returned it as Lightning smirked.

“Can you send some pictures of the naval park?” Lightning asked hopefully. “I’ve never been there.”

“You got it,” I said and gave a thumbs up. The others were gonna have to settle for getting actual souvenirs, not just pictures. Same with Lightning.

“See ya sugarcube. Gotta help Bloom in the fields,” Applejack said and stood up off the haybale she had been sitting on. “Have fun, ya heard?”

I gave a thumbs up as we all ended the call and I yawned. Being stuck in a car for hours isn’t entirely fun. But it’s about the trip, not the destination as Aunt Berry says.

Author's Note:

Fun fact, my uncle actually lives in Buffalo NY and hunts like crazy. I've seen Niagara Falls countless times. Only been to NYC once.

I'm also focusing on Cherry Berry interactions with Sunset. I spent a lot of the last few stories pairing Berry Punch and Sunset up, wanted to give the other aunt some attention.