• Published 2nd Sep 2023
  • 153 Views, 4 Comments

Quest for the Key of Harmony - Yurl 18



Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash get called for an interesting adventure outside of Equestria

  • ...
 4
 153

Chapter II: Dry-Dune Deserted Desert

"We...have to cross that?" Rainbow asks Twilight, "I can already feel the heat and we're at the end of the forest and not in the desert!" "What other choice do we have Rainbow?" Twilight replies slowly walking towards the desert. "Wherever we are going must be important if the Cutie Map is calling for us."

As they enter the desert a wave of heat hits them like a train. "Phew! Its hot!" Spike says waving his hand at his face like a fan, Spike looks back and notices the Forest is gone and it looks like an endless desert in all directions, "Uh...Twilight, the- the Forest is gone."
"What do you mean gone Spike, we were just in i-" Twilight says as she turns around, her eyes widen, "Oh its...really gone..."
"I guess everything is just diseappearing behind us" Dash comments, "Weird..." Spike adds to the rainbow-haired ponies comment.

"Somethings off..." Twilight tells both Dash and Spike, "Like what?" both of them say in correlation. Twilight tries teleporting a couple steps forward but her magic aura won't appear. "I- I can't use my magic?!" Twilight exclaimed touching her horn, "WHAT?" Spike yells. "This must be a no-magic zone" Twilight guesses, "I don't think we'll need magic."
"Atleast we still have our wings right? Rainbow Dash tells Twilight. "I bet I can make it to the end of this desert in 10 seconds flat!"

"No, we should stay together just incase anything bad happens." Twilight warns Dash grabbing her tail just as she's about to fly away, "Augh okay..." Rainbow groans flying down and walking next to Twilight.

They had been walking for around 15 minutes when they heard a rumble. "What in the hoof is that?" Twilight says looking around, "WHAT IS THAT!" Spike yells pointing towards a bump in the ground, the bump turns bigger and a giant worm with super-sharp teeth slithers out and screeches. "AAH!" all three of them scream and run along the path that is through the desert.
"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" the giant worm makes an eir piercing screech and starts chasing the trio. The trio runs as the slithery creature chases them, "LOOK!" Twilight yells as she points towards a little hole in the ground, they run towards the hole in the ground and jump into it. "SCREAAEEECH!!" the monster screeches and puts its mouth over the hole, its smelly breath which smelled of mold, must, and dead roadkill gusted into the small hole causing the 2 ponies and dragon in the hole so start coughing and covering their noses.

The monster tries biting down but the hole is too small for the monsters mouth to fit. "EW, its breath smells horrible!" Spike says pinching his nose.
"How are we going to get out of this?!" Rainbow Dash who is in a state of panic asks Twilight. The purple pony tries charging up a beam to shoot at the monster but she realized she doesn't have her magic. "I guess we wait it out" Twilight replies.
The 3 of them decide to go to sleep and wait it out.


A while later...


"Twilight, Twilight wake up Twilight!" Spike yells in Twilights face, "Five....more...minutes mom" Twilight replies sleepily, "I'm not your mom, the monster is gone" Spike tells his purple friend, the purple alicorn shakes her head to get her sleepiness away and looks up, there is no more noise and its super quiet, the sun hasn't risen yet so it's still decently dark outside.
The three of them get up and out of the hole and look around, "Huh, looks like the monster is gone!" Dash exclaims.
They go on and follow the bath continuing their desert adventure.

As they walk on the path, it gets a little too quiet so Rainbow Dash decides to strike up a conversation asking Twilight, "So Twilight, how is the daring do fanfiction you're making going?"
"Pretty good, 33 people have bought a paper copy from me already!" Twilight says grabbing a copy out of her bookbag and handing it to the blue pony next to her. "Here, try and read it."
"Oh cool thanks Twi" Rainbow says grabbing the copy and starting to read it.

"Oh oh oh I made a story do you wanna read it?" Spike asks Twilight. "Sure!" the purple pony replies. "Its in your bag" Spike says grabbing the book out of Twilights bookbag, "I put it in there just in case!"
"How is this hard cover, is this what you did with your chore money?" The academically gifted pony asks her baby dragon, "Maybe..." Spike replies sheepishly.
"Hmm this looks interesting" Twilight says reading out the title, "Blood of The CHIM-" "-ERA" Spike says interrupting Twilight, "Yeah I know doesn't it sound so interesting?," "Well....Yeah..." Twilight says trying not to break his heart even though she doesn't like the title that much.

"What is that?" Rainbow asks pointing towards a building with text that says 'Here for Deers'. "Hm, lets see if anypony's there." Twilight says as they walk over to the building next to the path. On the outside the building is a small 1 story building with a rusty sign displaying the places name, on the inside there's a bunch of ponies and other never before seen creatures chilling out and talking to eachother. "Man I'm hungry, can we eat something here?" Spike asks, "Yeah sure" Twilight responds.
The three of them walk up to the counter. "What can I do for you?" The bartender who is wearing a leather jacket and an eyepatch asks in a deep tone. "Do you have any hayburgers?" Twilight asks the pony on the other side of the counter, "Sorry ma'am, but we just ran out, you CAN go out back and get some hay in one of the bags out there and if you do get it then ill give you a hayburger."

Twilight goes out back and tries to find the hay, she looks behind the trashcan and its not there, she looks behind the pile of trash and its not there, she looks behind...a dead animal...and its not there, then she finally looks behind the dumpster and there it lies, a pile of hay stored in a white grocery bag. "That doesn't seem very sanitary..." The purple pony thinks to herself as she grabs the bag and walks back in the store.

"I got the hay!" Twilight tells the dark gray pony with the eyepatch and leather jacket, "Great..." the bartender says "let me cook it up for you" the bartender adds grabbing the bag and heading into the back.

A couple minutes pass, and then, the kitchen door slams open so hard that one of the rusty door hinges almost breaks off, "AAh!" Twilight shrieks as the door slams against the wooden wall. "Here's for food ma'am..." the dark gray pony says handing the hayburger to her with a sly grin plastered on his face.

"Thanks!" the purple pony says to the bartender as she cuts the burger into 3 peices for each of them and hands one to Spike and Rainbow Dash. "Lets eat this on the road, we must hurry!" Twilight exclaims as they exit the building. "Have a good day...ma'am..." The bartender says quietly as the three of them leave the building.

They finish their hayburgers and come up on a small hill, they decide to go over it since it isn't that steep.
They climb up the road and reach the top, they look down and see the clone once again! "Woah its the clone!" Spike yells and points, "Not againnnn..." Twilight groans as she walks to the clone with Spike and Rainbow following behind her.

"If you have the proof, then you may shake my hoof..." The clone says in a pitched down and distorted version of Twilights voice.

"Have the proof?? What proof???" Twilight asks the clone, Twilight expects a response but no words come out of the clones mouth.

Twilight shakes the hoof of the clone and the clone dissipates right before their very eyes and a Large...Village-like town appears out of nowhere somehow, "Woah, there has to be normal ponies here...and....Its r-r-r-really cold here too" Rainbow Dash says chattering her teeth.

The Trio go into the village/town to see if there's anything of importance there.

[To: Brightford Village >]

Author's Note:

Thanks to discordjediknight for le' awesome support

"You are now 20% cooler" -Rainbow Dash