• Published 15th Aug 2023
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold - ponydog127



The ponies leap back into an adventure with Scooby-Doo and the gang, this time teaming up with legendary Caped Crusader, Batman.

  • ...
 12
 762

Clues Coming Together/We're a Family

Batman and Ivory sat in silence during the entire drive over to Milo's lab, and when they finally arrived, Batman turned to his young sidekick. “You know you don't have to come in with me. That mistake was mine, and it has nothing to do with you.”

“...look, you gave me everything. Food, a home, good allies and a chance to do good in this city,” Ivory said. “And until today, I never told anyone about my father other than you. Those ponies, and the gang and that... that stinking adorable dog took the time to listen and understand the both of us. If I can help them out of trouble... it'll be like making up for not protecting my father as a filly.”

Batman understood where the kirin was coming from, and nodded. He knew that family was important, especially to her. “I'm glad that's clear,” Ivory nodded. “Now, let's get to that lab and clear the gang's names.”

Ivory expertly leapt from surface to surface while Batman used his grappling hook to swing up to the tip level. They removed the police tape and Ivory began to use her horn to pick the lock when a hand punched the door down, causing her to shriek.

Turns out, Aquaman and Slipstream had arrived on the scene, and Aquaman spoke up with a smile. “Indulging in a bit of bat sieuthery, are we?”

“Slipstream, Aquaman! Not really a good time,” Ivory said in a polite tone. “But we heard about all the trouble you, the horses and your hippy sidekicks are in,” Aquaman informed, and Slipstream nudged him scoldingly. “What he's trying to say is... we wanna help.”

“They're not hippies,” Batman corrected. “And you're not--”

“Not detectives. I know, by Neptune,” Aquaman grumbled. “I'm here to lend my fists, not my wits.”

“And Ivory? You know I would do anything for you,” Slipstream said gently. “I wanna help you through whatever this is. Just say the word.”

Ivory looked worried for a moment, but looking up at Batman, she sighed reluctantly. “Fine. But follow our lead.”

“Outrageous!” Aquaman cheered while Slipstream pumped a hoof. “I shall call this, 'The time I helped Batman defend a gang of horses and juvenile delinquents'!”

Slipstream and Ivory rolled their eyes... when was he ever gonna learn? They began to go inside the building, and not even a few yards in, Batman and Ivory began hearing the voice again. “Batman...

“Are you guys okay, Batman?” Slipstream asked in concern. “Did you hear... a voice?” Batman asked vaguely, and Aquaman shook his head. “Sorry, old chum. My hearing's as sharp as a swordfish, but...”

Suddenly, there was a rustling in the darkness, and the superheroes stood ready. “I heard that!” Aquaman shouted... just before Question appeared from the shadows. “Question?” Ivory asked, completely surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“Following the threads, same as you,” Question explained as they all regrouped “They all lead here, but it's a dead end.”

“It-- it can't be!” Ivory said with worry. “It's the only way to clear Mystery Incorporated! And Sunny! And the others!”

“The gang isn't behind this,” Question assured her gently. “I'm sure of that.”

“Well, look who's finally learned to have a little faith. And for a change, you're not ending every sentence with a question. I can't tell you how annoying that was. Pull it in for a hug, my blank-faced buddy!” Aquaman hugged Question tightly, causing Question to groan. “Guess I picked up a few bad habits working with you and Batman.”

“You've even developed a sense of humor! Well... of sorts,” Slipstream said as Aquaman set Question down. “This is a night for rejoicing!” Aquaman declared. “That'll have to wait, Aquaman. There's evil afoot,” Batman told him. “Crimson Cloak has rebuilt Milo's teleportation machine.”

“And if he activates it,” Ivory shuddered, “who knows what he may do.”

Suddenly, the entire lab began to shake, and everyone looked on in shock to see the Crimson Cloak materialize in front of them. “Welcome, Dark Knight!

“Okay, that is scary!” Slipstream shrieked, ears pinning as she stepped back. “Can't be real!”

“It isn't,” Batman reassured her. “But I suspect I know who it is. Leo Scarlett's father, Sam.” He then decided to speak up to the ghostly being, hoping he could change things around. “Give yourself up, Mr. Scarlett. This won't bring Leo back. Let me help you, please.”

That name means NOTHING to the Crimson Cloak!” the being declared. “Then… what is it you want?” Ivory asked, a little worry laced within her voice. “Not you, meddlesome creature,” the Crimson Cloak sneered before looking at Batman again. “But you, of course, Batman.

The Crimson Cloak then attacked, going for the heroes at every angle. Unfortunately, no matter how hard they fought, Batman, Aquaman and their Equestrian friends were caught in the Crimson Cloak’s clutches. “Batman! Aquaman!” Question tried shooting at the Crimson Cloak, but it knocked him into the wall, and causing some debris to fall on him. “Question!” Ivory screamed. “NO!!”

Don’t worry about him, protege of the Dark Knight,” the Crimson Cloak sneered. “Fear for yourselves…

And that was the last thing that Ivory remembered before being knocked out.

XXXXXXXX

Back in the Batcave, Velma put a sample from the footprint under the microscope to study more closely. “Now to see if I can identify the soil from this footprint. Zipp, can you get me some water to put in this dish, please?”

“Coming right up!” Zipp said. But while their attention was on something else, the mud actually came to life and went back into the footprint, just as Velma and Zipp returned. “Oookay,” Zipp blinked. “That was weird.”

“Guys? Something strange...” Velma turned to call to the others, but when they re-turned around, the footprint had disappeared entirely. “...is going on.”

Suddenly, a giant bug made of dirt sprung up from beside them, frightening Zipp and Velma enough to make them run. “Jeepers!” Daphne exclaimed. “The mud’s alive!”

“But how?!” Hitch screeched, and soon, everyone else joined the chase as they ran past. “Okay,” Misty panted, “so now we’re in a chase with possessed dirt?!

“Oh, I don’t know!” Izzy said. “Dirt can be a lot of fun! But still… not really used to it chasing us!”

“Clearly, the chemicals in the stolen isotope spilled into the ground,” Velma said quickly as they ran, “resulting in stimulation of the silicon particles which--”

“Velma, this isn’t helping!” Zipp interrupted. “There’s no rational explanation for this!”

“Not the mane, not the mane! NOT THE MANE!!” Pipp shrieked, diving to avoid the dirt. “But,” Fred said as he avoided dirt, “it must be linked with the case somehow!”

“You think?!” Scooby shrieked, and the monster leaping at them caused the ponies to split the gang up, and the ponies to stand ready. “Take this you big bug!” Zipp stomped the ground, causing lightning to try and shock the monster, but it did no good. Neither did Pipp or Sunny’s superpowers! “It’s no good!” Hitch said. “It’s like it has no reaction to our superpowers!”

The ponies then screamed and ran, with Sunny realizing one thing. “We need Ivory and Batman!”

XXXXXXXX

Ivory slowly began to open her eyes, head throbbing in pain, before she realized something-- she and her friends, including Batman, who was awake as well, were tied up, hanging upside down from the ceiling as the Crimson Cloak materialized below them. “Awaken, Batman,” it hissed. “You wouldn't want to miss the final moments of you and your little friends’ lives.

Ivory, truth be told, was scared upon this, and Batman could sense it. Nevertheless, he let the kirin speak to try and reform the ghostly figure. “Leo, listen to me,” the kirin said with sad and scared eyes. “We--”

Leo is gone,” the Crimson Cloak snarled. “There is only the Crimson Cloak!

“But you don’t have to be!” Ivory pleaded. “You can be so much more than a villain bent for revenge!”

You don’t know what it was like for me!” the creature snapped. “Floating in that teleportation portal, not having anyone to save you?! Batman deserves the same pain I felt so long ago…

Ivory closed her eyes with a sniffle at that, not wanting the one who saved her to perish like her father. “I'm sorry,” Batman tried to apologize. “Let me help you.”

Too late. You didn't save me,” the Crimson Cloak sneered, moving over to a lever. “And no one will save you. Behold! I have repaired what you destroyed!

He began to activate the machine just as Aquaman and Slipstream began to wake, and Slipstream tried to comfort her frightened friend. That's when Aquaman saw the Crimson Cloak begin to bubble and groan, causing him to gasp. “Suffering sand dollars! I know you're a ghost, but pull yourself together!”

That's when Batman suddenly realized who was behind this entire ruse. “Great Scott, that's it! How could I have not known?”

XXXXXXXX

Everypony was back in hiding in the Batcave, trying to make sure that the mud monster didn't see them. “Fred...!” Pipp, Zipp, Velma and Daphne said quietly. “Plan...!”

“Okay, okay,” Fred ultimately came up with an on-the-spot idea. “Misty, Shag, Scoob? You're...”

“The bait?” the three friends chorused. “Shocker.”

“Don't worry,” Sunny assured them. “I'll be right there to help in case things go out of hoof.”

Suddenly, mud dripped down on their heads, and this ultimately led to one thought... the mud monster was right behind them.

The four screamed and ran, causing the monster to chase them all around the Batcave, and once they were close enough to the dehydrator, they parted ways and let the monster dive inside. Hitch strained as he and Fred pressed against the door. “Turn the dehydrator on!”

Velma pushed the lever, and everyone pressed up against the sides to keep the monster from escaping, and the water was quickly drained from it, turning it to dust within minutes. “Phew...”

“See, guys? This is why mud is so dangerous for the mane and other pony parts!” Pipp said with a bit of emphasis. Velma quickly decided to ignore that and hummed at the dust inside the machine. “It's only dust.”

“This is all starting to make sense now,” Daphne said before going to the computer. “There's only one villain who could be responsible. Watch this.”

Pressing a button, Daphne instantly showed who was responsible, much to the shock of the others. “No way!” Shaggy cried. “I don't believe it!” Fred exclaimed. “Believe it!” Zipp told her friends. “We've got to warn Batman!”

She pushed her hoof on the button to contact Batman through his utility belt, but all the group saw was the Crimson Cloak, causing them to gasp. “He and Ivory have been captured!” Sunny cried. “We have to go out and help them!”

“How?” Shaggy asked her. “We're wanted by every police officer, villain, and superhero in Gotham!”

Scooby nodded quickly, just as Fred turned to the costumes in thought. “What is it, Fred?” Misty asked “Plan B,” Fred told her. “And B is for bat.”

The rest of the gang seemed to get what he was saying, and as they smiled wide, Fred turned to look at Izzy. “Multi-Crafter, I'm gonna need some help with these costume fittings.”

“Say no more, Frederoni!” Izzy said in a determined tone. “One set of gang-sized Batman themed costumes coming right up!”

XXXXXXXX

Within a matter of 20 minutes, the gang was all suited up and ready to go.

  • Scooby was dressed as Ace the Bat Hound
  • Shaggy was Nightwing
  • Fred was in the original Batman costume
  • Velma was Robin, the Boy Wonder
  • Daphne was dressed as Batgirl

As the gang adjusted to their new gadgets and outfits, Misty felt a rising feeling in her gut to say something, so she stepped forward. “Guys? In case we... we don't make it out of this alive... there's something I need to say.”

As all attention was turned on her, Misty took a deep breath before she began to softly sing.

Misty: What is the key to a family? (Oh, oh)
What is the key to a home?
What is the part that I'm missin' (Oh, oh)
To help me find where I belong?

Shaggy: I'm searchin', I'm lookin' for somethin'

Scooby: Something that comes from the heart (From the heart)

Shaggy: Like, cause sometimes you need somethin' to lift ya up
And help to reignite your spark

Misty was surprised to hear her friends singing along with her, but ultimately smiled and sang the next verse.

Misty: E-E-E-Even when it feels so confusin' when you're alone

Shaggy, Scooby and Misty: You kno-o-o-ow we've got each other to find our way home

Cause I've got you and you've got me
We're closer than close friends, yeah, we're a family
If you're feelin' low or incomplete
You've always got me, yeah, we're a family

The ponies felt so moved when they heard this, and ultimately decided go join in.

Hitch: Together when there are good times (Oh, oh)
Together when times are tough

Misty: Times are tough

Sunny: Together when things need celebratin'
And when you think that you've had enough

Zipp: Cause I-I-I-I-I know you better than anypony else

Ponies, Shaggy and Scooby: And you-u-u-u-u know me better than I know myself

Cause I've got you and you've got me
Cause when you're with your friends, yeah, you're with your family
Keep 'em in your heart 'cause that is the key
Oh, when you're with your friends, yeah, you're with your family

I've got you and you've got me
Cause we are just friends, no, we're a family
When you're feelin' lonely or incomplete
Don't forget about your friends, yeah, they're your family

Oh-whoa, oh, oh, oh
Oh-whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh-whoa, oh, oh, oh

Cause when you're with your friends, yeah, you're with your family

After the song ended, she looked toward her touched friends. “Misty... that was beautiful. We loved it,” Sunny smiled. “Thank you.”

“You're welcome. But we can talk more about it later,” Misty said. “Cause our hero friends need heroes right now.”