• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 8,285 Views, 202 Comments

Geoverse Part Five: Prisoner of Love - GeodesicDragon



Twilight and Geo are parents now, but the latter is still serving his sentence.

  • ...
26
 202
 8,285

Pep Talk

CHAPTER THREE

Pep Talk

The Royal Sisters exchanged a curious look with each other as I stood firmly still, unable to speak.

They studied me with raised eyebrows for a few minutes before I was able to compose myself and formulate a sentence.

"Princess Celestia," I said hesitantly, "might I ask why your sister is here? I was under the impression my conversations were to be with you, as per my punishment."

Celestia smiled.

"They were," she replied, "but then Luna told me how much she would like to get to know you as well. You don't have a problem with that, do you?" She made sure to put a lot of emphasis on those last two words.

I shook my head.

"Good. Now come and sit with us. We have a lot to talk about."

I walked over to where the Princesses were sitting. They each moved to the side to reveal a chair positioned between the two of them. I sat down, both Princesses towering above me.

"So," Luna said, "how are things in Ponyville? It has been a while since I was last there."

"Things in Ponyville are going smoothly." I replied. "Life still goes on in the quaint little town, much as it always has."

"I heard that the Elements of Laughter and Honesty have each found a special somepony." Celestia said. "Is that true?"

I nodded.

"Pinkie Pie is with Doctor Sorou and Applejack is with John."

"And are they all happy together?" Luna asked.

"I'd certainly say so." I replied. "I just hope they don't have to go through what Twilight and I had to. Being separated from the one you love for so long is heartbreaking."

"I can't say we have ever experienced something like that." Celestia said softly. "As Princesses, we have very little time for romance."

"You don't know what your missing, then." I said with a chuckle.

Both Princesses smiled.

"Tell me," Luna asked, "what's it like? Being in love, that is?"

"I'm no poet, so I can't give you a long-winded answer to that." I replied. "But speaking as a normal man ... it's the greatest feeling I could ever hope for. The fact that I have somepony to love, and who loves me in return is what keeps me going."

"If only we could experience something so tender..." Luna trailed off, her voice taking on a tone equal to Fluttershy's.

"It would be nice to love somepony," Celestia said, "were it not for the fact we are alicorns."

I raised an eyebrow.

"And what does that have to do with the price of hay?" I asked.

"We're immortal," Celestia replied with a sigh, "so we'd have to watch our partners die."

Both Princesses were on the verge of tears. I stood in the middle and put an arm around each of them.

"I understand that that would make it hard to love somepony," I said as softly as I could, "but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Yes, you will see many lovers die, but you know what won't die?"

Both Princesses looked at me expectantly.

After a pause, I smiled and pointed at their foreheads.

"Memories." I said simply. "Love may come and go, but memories are eternal. You shouldn't let that get in the way of happiness. You may have several relationships in your long lives, but you will have the memories of your time spent together."

"Are you speaking from experience?" Luna asked.

"When I was separated from Twilight," I replied, removing my arms from the Princesses necks, "I kept thinking of the time we had spent together. It was short, but I had a lot of memories of that time. Our first date, our first kiss, laughing with our friends, the first time we f-"

I cut myself off as the Princesses smiled.

"You get the idea." I said, as a blush crept onto my cheeks. "It was these memories that kept me going as I worked on getting back to her. And since I did, I have more memories to cherish, such as the wedding and the birth of our foals."

By now, both Princesses appeared to be in better spirits. Seizing the opportunity, I continued my little pep talk.

"I guess what I'm really trying to say is this. Don't let your emotions and fears stop you from enjoying life. Yes, it'll be hard to lose a lover. But you will move on eventually, and you'll have your memories to remind you of the good times. Just because you're Princesses, that doesn't mean you have to be confined to a life of solitude. If you have somepony in mind, you would do well to make them yours before it is too late."

Both Princesses had smiles plastered firmly on their faces as they watched me walk around the room as I talked. Once I finished, they both applauded.

Once the clapping had subsided, Luna spoke.

"You're right, Geo." she said. "I am a Princess, and if I want to have a relationship, then by Tartarus I will have one!"

"Hear, hear." Celestia nodded in agreement.

I grinned.

"That's the spirit, Your Majesties!" I said. "Now, who are the lucky stallions going to be?"

Both Princesses blushed.

"One of the nobles approached me the other day and asked if I would accompany him to dinner." Celestia said. "I politely refused, but he's not stopped asking. I don't know if it's love, or if he just wants to further his career, but I'll take him up on his offer the next time he asks."

"Atta girl." I said. "How about you, Luna?"

Luna traced a hoof along the ground, following the intricate pattern chiselled into the marble floor.

"One of my bodyguards has been getting a little bit too close lately." she said. "In fact, he tried to kiss me the other day. When I refused, he apologised profusely and blamed alcohol ... but I couldn't smell a drop on his breath."

"Talk to him," I said, "and see what happens."

"I will." Luna replied. "Thank you for the pep talk, Geo. It has been most enlightening. If you'll excuse me, I must rest now before I raise the moon. Good day to you both."

"Good day, Luna." Celestia and I said in unison.

As Luna left the room, Celestia sighed.

"What's wrong, Princess?" I asked. "Are you worried about what might happen with that noble?"

Celestia shook her head and nodded towards the clock on the wall.

"Ah," I said, "I must return to my room. Very well. But please, do tell me how things go."

Celestia nodded as Shining Armour entered the room.

"Princess." he said with a bow. "You ready, Geo?"

I nodded.

"Thank you for the chat, Geo." Celestia said, as Shining applied the manacles. "It was just what I needed."

"I'm happy to have been of service." I replied, as I allowed Shining to lead me back to my room.

As we walked along the gilded halls, I smiled.

Regardless of what happened, I knew that at our next meeting...

... the Princesses and I would have a lot to talk about.