• Published 26th Jun 2023
  • 1,437 Views, 4 Comments

Watching A New Generation - Shadow Dragon



All Sunny ever wanted was to prove her father right in that all ponies could be friends, suddenly she is transported to a room with some very special guests to react to the future

  • ...
2
 4
 1,437

Gonna Be My Day

The screen zooms out showing filly Sunny sleeping and turns off then quickly comes back on a now full grown mare Sunny snoring.

Rainbow Dash started laughing. "Sorry, sorry, I'm caught off guard," Rainbow calmed down as she said it.

Next to her bed, her alarm clocked chimed at 7 AM, to which she turned it off with a slam of her hoof. With a yawn and a stretch, Sunny got out of bed to look at her calendar, then at herself in the mirror, to find herself a mess of mane. With a blow of her hair, she pulled open a drawer, revealing a mess of hairbands, which she used to stylize her mane into a loving braid. With her mane style done, Sunny puts on a saddle bag, with Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark. To further show the earth pony's admiration of the Mane Six, she has three pins with Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow's cutie marks and colors.

Satisfied with her looks, Sunny gave herself a nod, before she went up on an elevator of her house, and finds herself in a workshop. She passed by a board, with pictures of a large office building, until she stopped at a table, where she painted herself a large paper of some sort, and smiled to herself "Perfect!"

Hitch begged “Please don’t tell me you have another half baked scheme.”

Sunny shrugged, if half baked schemes lead to her being friends with the Unicorn sitting next to her and potentially a Pegasus or two than why not.

With that, Sunny folded the paper up, puts it in her saddle bag, and went back down to open up the curtains, then walks up to photo of herself, and her dad. "Today's the day dad, I actually have a plan this time. Wish me luck!"

When staring at the screen the mane 6 and Izzy and the two Pegasi began to tear up realizing what this meant

After a few minutes of crying Twilight started “He was a good stallion, he raised a great daughter and he uncovered our somehow long lost legacy, painful as this loss may be, you are still there, you can still make a difference.”

Izzy nuzzled Sunny to try and comfort her, then to her surprise one of the two Pegasi came over, Zipp if she remembered correctly

Zipp stated “It’s okay, I know how you feel, I lost my father as well, but you are fallowing in his legacy.”

Sunny smiled slightly at the statement

With a burst of enthusiasm, Sunny walks out the door, and the photo was crooked, to which the mare reopened the door to straighten the photo, before she was really on her way. Putting on a pair of roller blades for all four hooves, and a helmet, Sunny was skating through the streets of Maretime Bay, singing to herself a song.

Good morning sun
No time to chat I gotta run
Cause I’ve got places to be
So much to do
Excited, yes and nervous, too
A change is starting with me
I never worry ’bout upsetting carts
Hardened hearts
Or wonder will I belong

Her first stop of the day was to collect a cart of smoothies, which she pulled along the road, passing by a suspicious red stallion, who lowered his newspaper and proceeded to chase after her. In appearance, he has a greasy golden mane, green eyes, white socks, and a cutie mark of a beetroot.

I’ve heard it enough
I’m calling their bluff
I’ll never get lost in the grey
There’s something inside
Burns bigger than pride
Shines out of me lighting the way

Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be my day, gonna be my day)
Gonna be my day, gonna be my day

Sunny passed a pony, who was just about to eat his cookies, when the red stallion stopped to drink the other pony's smoothie, and all of his cookies, before he resumes chasing Sunny.

Hey there, hello
The friends I make, the friends I know
Today you answer my call (Hello, anypony there?)

Sunny stopped by, and watched downheartedly as a couple of foals beat up a couple of crude piñatas of a Pegasus and Unicorn.

Inside of hide, instead of staying stuck inside
Instead of building your wall

Come on and party with me,
Join the band, understand
We’ll all be singin’ this song

Sunny stopped by to give a foal an animal balloon, shaped like a unicorn, much to the horror of their parents. The red stallion, meanwhile, continued his pursuit after Sunny, on a skateboard he stole from a kid.

However, Sunny had skated across a manhole, causing a pony to lift up, seeing what the commotion was all about. The red stallion failed to stop in time, and ended up flying off the manhole, behind Sunny, who continues to go about her day, putting heart stickers with unicorn and pegasus pictures on them, all over town.

I’ve heard it enough
I’m calling their bluff
I’ll never get lost in the grey
Go big or go home
Get real or get known
Get ready and raring to say

Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (gonna be my day)
Gonna be my day

A trio of ponies were looking at a pamphlet of an event called the Annual Show of Canterlogic, when they were startled by what appeared to be the shadow of a bird, which is actually a couple of kites, flown by two kids.

Everyone’s afraid
Always judging, never budjing
Ain’t it time we made
The team, the dream

Sunny stopped in front of a poster, with a demonic picture of a pegasus, which she cured with drawings of hearts and a smily face, on the pegasus.

The red stallion finally caught up to her, until he lost her again. He was catching his breath, when he stared in shock at Sunny's latest work of what he perceived to be vandalism.

Oh...
Let's open our eyes
Sun starting to rise
And finally able to say

Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (gonna be my day)
Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day (gonna be my day)
Gonna be my day (be my day)

Finally, after rollerblading across town, Sunny finally arrived at her destination. A large building with large glasses mounted on the rooftop, surrounded by banners that read, "Canter Logic."

“I have to say that was an AMAZING SONG!” Izzy raised her front legs happily after the song ended.

Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be my day!” Pinkie bounced in her seat repeating the song along with Izzy

Sunny was about to enter the building, with every other earth ponies, when she was suddenly stopped by Hitch.

"Aha," He announced himself to Sunny. "There you are, Sunny. Just the pony I was expecting," Hitch said, walking up to the mare, while being followed by a couple of birds, and a crab.

“Ha, another year you're detained before you cause a mess!” Hitch gloated as Sunny rolled her eyes in amusement.

"Those little ones are very cute." Fluttershy watched the slow screen and the adorable animals.

"They always follow him, they're like his little squad," Sunny told her with amusement, getting an annoyed snort from Hitch.

"Morning, Sheriff Hitch," Sunny greeted, before turning to the animals. "I see you brought the whole squad along again."

In response, the two birds saluted to Sunny, with the crab pinching its pincers.

"What is it with me and critters?" Hitch asked. "I'm like a magnet to them." Turning to the critters, Hitch bent down and asked, "Guys, come on. Give Hitch a little space." In response, the critters only took a step back, much to Hitch's chagrin.

Fluttershy cooed at the adorable animals wale Hitch groaned

Pinkie joked “I found Fluttershy’s decent!” Though with Pinkie Pie, was it really?

"So, what's up?" Sunny asked.

"Oh, please, like you don't know," Hitch eyed Sunny suspiciously, before he pointed to a billboard next to him. "Today is the annual presentation at Canterlogic."

"Hey, I'm headed there right now," Sunny said, about to roll her way in, when Hitch stopped her.

"No, you're not," Hitch said sternly. "Listen, I know that you have come up with some hare-brained scheme to sabotage it, and if you think I'm just going to let you walk in..."

In defiance, Sunny simply skated around Hitch, before she turned around and began in a sing-song voice, "Hey Hitch..."

“Really Sunny? Really?” Hitch stared in disbelief at what Sunny would probably do.

"Oh come on, you know you're having fun." Sunny nudged Hitch with amusement to watch Hitch rolled his eyes playfully, he would never admit it out loud but he always secretly admired Sunny for standing up for what she believed in despite any consequences.

"No."

"Come on."

"Good morning, Sheriff Hitch," An Earth Pony mare greeted.

"Morning, Mayflower," Hitch returned the greeting. "Dahlia," He quickly turned to look sternly at Sunny, "Sunny, I'm on duty."

Nevertheless Sunny held a hoof up, to which Hitch sighed, and they began doing a secret hoofshake.

"Up high! Down low! Hitch it to a post! Flip it sunny side up and on a piece of toast! Ok?"

Just then, the red stallion from before finally caught up to Sunny, breathing heavily to Hitch, "I did what you asked for, Hitch," The stallion tried to catch his breath. "She never left my side, not even once."

"Oh, hey, Sprout," Sunny greeted the stallion. "You OK? You seem kind of wheezy."

"That's Deputy Sprout to you," The stallion, identified to be Sprout, corrected.

Nevertheless, Sunny turned to take her leave, skating onward towards the building, "Hey, wait up! I'm not finished!" Hitch shouted, chasing after Sunny, with the critters chasing after Hitch. "Sunny! Sunny, we both know how this goes. Every year you try to sneak in and every year I stop you." He said firmly.

"Look, you have nothing to worry about," Sunny insisted. "I'll just go into the factory, deliver my smoothies..."

"Uh-uh," Deputy Sprout shook his head. "You can't even step a hoof in there. My mom had you banned..."

“How did you manage to get banned from that place?” Zipp asked with genuine curiosity.

"If it's the lady who really doesn't know anything about history, I'd think it was because of something stupid." Rainbow pointed out before popping a couple of popcorn into her mouth.

"Several protests, near stage sabotages, on stage sabotages, trespassing, burglary, the list of charges goes on and on." Hitch shook his head having Sunny's crimes listed.

“I'm surprised you haven't stopped being her friend.” Pipp stated having listened to the list with a bit of curiosity.

"I could slip up but Sunny is my best friend and I will always be loyal to her." She touched Sunny's back with her hoof before looking back at the screen. Sunny gave him a smile.

His last words made him attract the attention of the Mane Six. It seems they had an idea of ​​what seemed to be going on other than just reacting to these ponies.

Sunny tried to argue, "But I..."

"I'm asking you as your friend, Sunny, not as sheriff," Hitch sighed. "Just please try not to pull any stunts today."

"Ok. Ok," Sunny replied. "I'll try."

Hitch began. "Now, give your delivery to Sprout and go home." However, his attention was suddenly drawn to another passing pony, who threw a piece of trash on the road, "Hey. Hey! That's a violation of Code 33!" Sprout barked, chasing after the pony, with the little critters chasing him.

With Hitch out of her hair, Sunny turned her attention to the building and was about to go in, but was stopped by Sprout.

"Bye-bye," Sprout said, taking the mare's cart, and seeing her skate away.

“Well, at least it seems that if you're going to calm down this year” Hitch sighed happily without seeing the smile that grew on Sunny.

Sunny skates back and smirks at the building.

"And I had to speak." Hitch shook his head.