• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,068 Views, 18 Comments

My Little Pirates: Misfits are Magic - LittleBoyBlue

  • ...
1
 18
 1,068

Two Dodos, One Cottage

Fluttershy awoke from her bed. Celestia's sun high over the land. It was going to be clear weather today. No chance of storms, and the winds were calm. Why she cared about the weather, she did not know. She doesn't fly as much, so why should she care? She pondered about this, as she got up from her bed. Fluttershy knew, it was now feeding time.
She grabbed a bag of feed, as she headed towards the chicken pen.
~~~
"Here you go." She softly spoke, carefully pouring out the food. All the poultry raced to the trough, gobbling the feed up. She watched them for a little, then headed for a certain chicken house in the corner. She got inside the house to check on her two most important residents.
She walked towards the nest of the two dodos, careful not to startle them.
"Oh. They're asleep." Fluttershy smiled, seeing the pair cuddling up with each other, in a peaceful slumber.
"I've always wondered why I can't find any more of you two." She whispered.
She then, slowly yet silently, poured the feed into their personal dishes.
Once the dishes were filled, she tiptoed away from them, leaving them to their sleep.
~~~
"Have a carrot Angel." Fluttershy said, giving the snack to the white rabbit.
The rabbit took the carrot and began munching on it. Fluttershy grinned at him, as she turned to sit on her couch.
She then, just sat there, thinking.
Thinking about why those dodos might be the only ones left.
"It's just doesn't make any sense." She thought.
"Where did they all go?"
Suddenly, a knock was heard on her door. Fluttershy walked towards her door and slowly opened it.
"Good morning Fluttershy!"
It was Twilight, one of her friends.
"Oh. Good morning Twilight. Please, come in!" She opened the door wider for Twilight to enter.
"Oh! Ok! Thanks!" She trotted into the living room.
"I just wanted to see how you were doing."
"Well, I'm doing quite fine, thank you for wondering."
"That's what friends are for!" Twilight smiled, as the two sat on the couch. They then started conversing about some things. Soon, however, Fluttershy asked a question that's been bugging her.
"Twilight,"
"Yes?"
"How come I can't find any more dodos like Pauline and Patrick?"
"Pauline and Patrick?"
"I named them that." Fluttershy clarified.
"Oh." Twilight began to think.
"Well, I'm sorry to have to say this to you Fluttershy, but dodos are..." Twilight then gave a sigh.
"Endangered." Fluttershy gasped at Twilight's statement.
"But....HOW?!"
"I'm not quite sure. It really doesn't say that much in my history books about dodos..."
They then paused for a short moment. Then Twilight gave Fluttershy a reassuring smile.
"Maybe I'll ask the princess about it in my letter."
"Ok." Fluttershy softly responded.
"Well, it was nice seeing you." Twilight said, as she got up to leave.
"It was nice to see you too Twilight." The mares then shared a short hug, as Twilight then departed. Fluttershy waved her a goodbye.
She then shut the door, finding her head with more questions than answers.
~~~~~