• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 188 Views, 6 Comments

Bells Bring The End of War - Lamasioux



Bell finds himself in an ambush by a changeling during the occupation of a changeling hive.

  • ...
 6
 188

Chapter 1

It was just supposed to be a quick look in the building, go in and check on what those changelings were doing and see if it was something of importance, but of course when the changelings never came out to greet them with the usual weariness that was emitted from the local populace, they decided to enter.

Thankfully the door of the building was slightly open, which only called for the ponies that were waiting outside to open it and enter. Nothing ever happened when opening doors though, not for that one.

During the time the ponies had occupied the hive town, traps became a rumor and myth. They were lucky.

Other hives weren’t so kind to their occupiers.

The only thing that awaited them was an empty room when they opened the door, which only further cemented the interest of the ponies.

One hoof stepped inside, followed by three more. They stood still just inside the doorway before shuffling around and the pony they belonged to said, “There’s nothing?”

Another set of hooves entered through the door, only followed by a second.

The first pony that entered, went further into the building and kicked a few of the objects inside to see if anything would somehow expose a secret they couldn’t see. Nothing would happen. It was just abandoned and empty.

“But I swear I saw some sketchy looking ones enter here.” One of the ponies said.

“Check the back then, there’s probably a door that exists.”

While one of the ponies went further into the room to check for any exit, two remained in the front and mulled around for a moment as they lazily looked around at what littered the room.

There was nothing of real interest though, just some changeling decor and furniture. At least there wasn’t anything of interest until one of the ponies yelled out, “BELL!”

Bell turned their attention away from the lamp he was admiring to find out what was so important for his name to be yelled out and saw the other pony in the room horrified as they were looking down.

The pony quickly kicked an object that was near their feet towards the door they came in from and yelled, “BOMB!”

The sliding object that the pony had kicked was caught by Bell’s vision and as the object came to a halt, he realized what he was looking at, a grenade.

Bell panicked for a moment until he realized the only thing he could do was quickly engulf the grenade in his telekinesis magic and try to send the object back out through the open door. Without spending anymore time dwelling on the action, he did as he thought.

He cast the telekinesis spell and wrapped the grenade with his magic lifted it up and quickly sent it flying.

The grenade never made it to the door though as it quickly fell down to the ground, just as it had when it was thrown into the room, along with Bell himself.

Bell now sat on the ground as his horn raged with pain and intense screaming, which just happened to be what he himself was also doing.

The other pony didn’t waste any time and quickly ran towards the grenade in desperation to send it back out the door themselves but failed to do so as a explosion materialized from the grenade and radiated throughout the room.

Bell was then met with the immediate vibration of the explosion atop the searing pain he felt in his horn and for a short moment, whatever pain he was experiencing seemed to disappear until everything went to nothing.

If you had been able to keep track of time during that short moment of nothing, then that nothingness would’ve felt like a bad dream where the passing of time seems to not be accounted for which results in anything you experience feeling like it takes a infinite amount of time.

Thankfully for Bell, he wasn’t able to process anything. The nothingness that he experienced was more of the feeling of having a dreamless sleep where you wake up all of a sudden not remembering the hours you had just spent asleep.

All of a sudden though, that nothingness was interrupted with the shimmers of light that suddenly burst into existence. They weren’t anything that could be recognized though. There was no specific shapes, figures, or forms that could be made out of the light as the shimmers only lasted for moments at a time. There would be an occasional break between the shimmers of light happening, but they kept coming back.

Not even sounds were able to be recognized as they also came and went. When the first shimmer of light appeared, the only thing recognizable was the grenade, but everything else had been jumbled together. It was mixed sounds and noises that could only be passed off as white noise.

At some point the shimmering of light finally stopped appearing as they did, but they had only been replaced by the shimmers of darkness. Before, there was only nothing and the shimmers, but now, it was nothing and darkness. Darkness had finally taken over, but at least compared to nothing, it was something more than anything.

Eventually the noises of jumbled sounds became the first thing that were understandable. Whenever the noises came back, there was always a constant ringing sound that accompanied everything else. Sometimes there was nothing but the ringing, other times the rumbling sound of a car. Or was that the feeling of a car? But then there would be nothing, and eventually whatever car related sounds were gone, replaced with quietness.

It was obvious it was quietness, as there was that distinct nothing that accompanies it, unlike actual nothing. It was a relaxing kind of quietness though. Nothing about it brought stress, only calmness.

At least it would be if there wasn’t that constant ringing sound.

The switches between nothing and the something that was the only thing that brought calmness. At least with the nothing, Bell didn’t have to worry about the ringing.

Or at least he didn’t have to when it finally stopped altogether.

Now that the ringing sound had dissipated, it was just the nothingness and the quietness, which was finally being broken up by the ambient sounds of hoofs occasionally moving and the sounds of voices.

And then it happened. The shimmers of light came back, but this time it wouldn’t leave. It only got brighter and brighter until it eventually overpowered everything that existed, before it started to slowly dissipate into nothing again.

Or what Bell thought was nothing.

As the overpowering light faded away, it left behind in its wake a ceiling.

It was an interesting ceiling though, it was littered with holes that were covered with something, not covered from below where he could see them, but from above.

There were also a few lights that hung from the ceiling that emitted light that hurt to look at directly.

It was when Bell’s eyes squinted shut from the brightness that everything hit him at once.

The first thing Bell noticed was the headache that was burning him. It radiated throughout his entire head but also went down through his neck and spine. It was possible to tell individually on his body where it was hurting but it also seemed to be the same pain. If felt as if the pain were to be removed like a puzzle piece in a puzzle, it’d all just be one piece.

Then came the pins and needles he felt in his hind leg. They poked and pricked at it the entirety of his right hind leg, which was impossible to feel past the pins and needles. It felt more like the pins and needles had replaced the leg entirely.

Everything else was numb. He couldn’t really feel where one side of his body was and where it ended. He felt his mind tell himself to move a hoof, but nothing happened, at least he couldn’t feel anything happen. His mind told him that something moved, but nothing registered as moving.

It didn’t help that the headache was taking up nearly all of his thinking power. It seemed that thinking only made the pain worse. Thankfully his eyes were closed so he didn’t have to think about how much pain looking would cause him now.

So with the only option he had, he shut his brain off and did his best to do nothing.

Eventually, everything just started to fuzz away, his hearing, the pain, even what remained of his thoughts.

It was all replaced with layers and layers of invisible spider webs that made up his existence himself. Even though the spider webs spread out in all directions, he was at the center of it all, falling.

He passed through the layers of webs that spread out in all directions and angles, falling at a constant, but slow pace through them all, all while the webs moved in the opposite direction he did.

The spider webs were still a part of himself though and he felt as if at a near infinite distance away did they finally disappear, only to be replaced by another somewhere below him, which was hard to tell despite being the webs themselves as well.

He felt himself looking up as he fell, but he felt his body turn and spin around below himself as it condensed into a ball. It was weird to feel as this happened, while simultaneously feeling himself spread out in the webs.

For a moment, it felt like he would be nauseous from everything going on, but that was replaced with the sudden emergence of the headache he had been feeling from before, though the ball that his body had turned into didn’t feel it, it was the layers of spider webs that continued to pass by that felt the headache.

It was as if the headache he was feeling was being experienced by creatures around him in a crowd, that he himself was being affected by without being the one with the actual headache.

But he couldn’t figure out whether he was the one having it or not as the ball form he was in was hit by a sudden layer of water.

He wasn’t a smooth ball but a rough one, and one that felt like it was covered in cloth as he could now only feel the water stick to himself and leave a dampness that surrounded his ball form.

The dampness then slowly began to spread to the spider webs. Bell felt as every strand of the spider webs began to slowly have water form around them through the invisible pores that emitted them.

Every strand of every spider web had millions of pores on them, each one nonexistent but still there, being the origin of the layer of water that formed on the webs, and Bell could feel as the water seeped out.

Very quickly though, Bell could feel as the strands started to become overbearing with water and could feel the weight of all the water put pressure on the headache the webs had.

And then streams and drips of water began to fall off the webs, but they didn’t fall down. They went up. In the same direction as the webs went, but faster.

Slowly as every web became oversaturated with water, each one began to lose it’s hoard of water. But that didn’t bring an end to the pressure.

Each time a drop or stream of water left the webs, it ripped a part of Bell’s mind with it, taking with it not only himself, but the headache.

Bell could feel as the webs began to eventually shed the water that clung to it.

It didn’t stop though. The complexity of the layers upon layers of spider webs that were everywhere were in the way of all the rising water. Each web, still covered and soaked in water, was being hit by the rising water, where Bell’s mind and headache’s would merge into the webs above, before ripping themselves off again, only to hit yet another web above.

Then it ended and his eyes opened.

He felt like throwing up as everything he just experienced condensed back into his body. The headache in his head and spine, the pins and needles, the numbness, it was all back, but this time, it was accompanied by the dampness.

Everything he could feel was damp.

The ceiling wasn’t above him this time though, instead it was replaced by a mare that stared at him from a bed that was next to him.

Bell stared back at them until the mare said, “What’s with that face? You were just dreaming.”