• Published 4th Nov 2022
  • 773 Views, 51 Comments

The Midnight’s Shining Star - Starlight Fan



With Twilight being rushed into ruling Equestria, she is now corrupt and Midnight Sparkle, and with Starlight giving herself over to her, they will find hope and love together.

  • ...
4
 51
 773

Re-kindling Old Bonds

Ever since Starlight had been healed from her attack by Chrysalis, she’s noticed Twilight acting strange recently.

Not in a bad way but in a way that made Starlight a bit weirded out.

Twilight had been much more observant and checking on her more often. Not to the point where it was creepy per se, but in a way that was healthy enough.

Oddly enough, Starlight was flattered Twilight cared enough to make sure she was doing okay.

As she sat in her room, the door began to open and Twilight awkwardly walked in, “Uh… hi. So I just wanted to see how you’re injuries aren’t holding up. I know you’re mostly healed but…”

“Twilight. I’m fine. I’d let you know if I wasn’t.” Starlight told her reassuringly before Twilight sighed, “Right. Of course. I’m sorry.”

Starlight was surprised to hear that come from Twilight in this state, given she was now colder than usual.

“Twilight. Is something bothering you?” Starlight asked curiously.

Twilight sighed before speaking, “You always were good at seeing through me Starlight. Yes, I am upset.”

“But why?” Starlight asked.

“You see, you mean a lot to me.” Twilight explained seriously, “Seeing Chrysalis attack you scared me. I was that close to losing you.”

Starlight just looked in shock at what Twilight was saying.

“When I originally ran this place. I was basically isolated from everypony I cared about, you were the one constant in my life that I could count on though. You’ve always understood me in a way nopony could ever dream of and were able to help me out of a jam when I needed it.” Twilight explained with a fond smile, “That’s why I was so quick to take your deal to take you in the princesses’ place. I’d get to have you back in my life again.”

“I see…” Starlight trailed off sadly, “Do you… ever miss the others?”

Twilight winced at the question, she may have tried to hide it but deep down, there was still a fondness she held for her friends.

“I-I sometimes miss them but… they don’t take me seriously Starlight.” Twilight sighed bitterly, “My freak outs were always seen as no big deal and my worries were seen as less than nothing. The only way I’m ever going to get anywhere in this world is if I take control.”

Starlight’s eyes widened at those words, especially at the last sentence.

Control

That word gave Starlight a sense of familiarity, especially involving her past. Starlight knew firsthand how Twilight felt.

“I… understand why you feel that way.” Starlight admits as she took Twilight’s chin and soon their eyes met, “I always thought that I needed to control everything in my life so that I could be happy, so that I wouldn’t be hurt but you and your friends have showed me I don’t need to control everything to be happy. Sometimes things aren’t going to be in my control but that doesn’t always mean anything bad. The best thing to do in an uncontrolled situation is to overcome it.” She smiled warmly at the alicorn.

Twilight began to smile back at Starlight, could she be right? Could she really get her happiness back if she just gave up and let things go back to normal.

Twilight then thought about the implications of things going back to normal, would she still be an isolated ruler? Would she even get to live her life after this? She did kidnap Celestia and Luna after all and she sincerely doubted the public would really trust her if she just let things go back to the way they used to be.

“I’m sorry Starlight, I can’t risk it.” Twilight sighed before turning to walk out of the room.

“But Twilight-“ Starlight began to call out before Twilight turned harshly towards the unicorn, “I’ve already gone too deep, and things are better this way. This conversation is over.”

She soon left the room while Starlight sighed sadly, “Oh Twilight. All I can do is try.”


We then see Shining Armor and Princess Cadence at the throne room of the Crystal Empire’s castle with Trixie and Sunburst standing in front of them when Shining Armor spoke sternly, “I’m already on edge due to the fact my sister ended up snapping under the pressure. So you better make this worth our while.”

Cadence gave her husband a disapproving glare while Sunburst looked away awkwardly. Trixie however, did not look fazed and narrowed her gaze.

“It’s about Starlight. Twilight has her under her hoof in exchange for Celestia and Luna’s release. Starlight wrote a letter to us about how Chrysalis had attacked her under Twilight’s watch.”

“I trust Twilight won’t harm Starlight.” Cadence said reassuringly, “From what I’m hearing this wasn’t even Twilight’s fault.”

“Ugh. Don’t you get it?” Trixie said angrily, “The longer Twilight has her nasty hooves around Starlight, the more danger they are both in. With Twilight’s hostile takeover, any creature could easily target Starlight to get to Twilight and with things the way they are. Equestria’s on the verge of collapse.”

“She’s got a point there Cadence.” Shining Armor said reluctantly.

“The point is, we need your help to restrain Twilight and get Starlight back.” Sunburst explained softly, “You won’t even have to hurt Twilight badly, it’s doubtful she’ll be as merciless as Tirek or Chrysalis but we need to stop her somehow.”

Shining Armor and Cadence gave each other an awkward look but they soon came to a silent agreement.

“We’re up to the task if it means helping Twilight.” Cadence confirmed.

“Yes!” Trixie shouts excitedly.

“So what are we going to do?” Shining Armor asked curiously.

“Well, we obviously have to get Starlight out of there and after that, destroy the magical lock on her horn so she can use her magic.” Trixie rolled her eyes as if it were obvious.

“And how are we going to do that?” Sunburst asked incredulously, “Twilight won’t let Starlight out of her sight.”

“We’ll think of something.” Trixie smirked deviously.