• Published 28th Jan 2024
  • 1,176 Views, 148 Comments

In Equestria - ARandomLonelyDude



I'm here because of circumstances beyond my control and now I serve the horrors. Being fluffy is cool though.

  • ...
8
 148
 1,176

Chapter 15: Creature of the Night

I sat at the kitchen table, silently eating my breakfast that consisted of three pieces of toast and a cup of chai. I was thinking about how I'd spend my time today since I actually did not have anything to do, which I hated, and free time was just too... alien to me. I thought about practicing runes but I had no idea on what I would do, nor any motivation for that. The Daring Do books weren't an option either since they weren't my thing. Going to the library and doing my research on abandoned fortresses in the Everfree wasn't an option either since it was likely that Twilight would be there and it would be hard to make an excuse as to why I'm looking for locations of fortresses in the Everfree.

I was in this... this hell of middle ground where I wanted to do something but either couldn't or didn't want to, and I couldn't escape it easily now. I once had the internet and its sweet but unhealthy embrace to save me, but now, I didn't even have anything like a computer to occupy my time with.

Is this how the ipad babies feel when their ipads are taken away?

I didn't really think much about that question and instead thought about some other, more mundane things that I could do, like drawing. Actually, now that I think about it, drawing is the only thing I could do, unless I suddenly felt like I wanted to do runes or maybe fix the backyard.

I finished my breakfast and headed down to the basement to get a sheet of paper and a black pen. I sat down at the basement table with my supllies and touched the pen to the paper. I thought of what I would draw and came up with no ideas. Not to worry, an idea would come in some time.

Ten minutes later, I had only one decent idea and I was too frustrated with myself to come up with one that was better. I began drawing and messed up almost immediately by drawing the first shape too small. Nothing to worry about though, I can just cover it up.

I continued drawing, even when the image I drew started deviating from what I had imagined, even when I kept making dumb mistakes.

The image ended up looking like one of those drawings made by people with mental illness, the ones where it's scribbles but the scribbles make an image by making an area look dark compared to the background, except that I didn't draw something that conveyed any emotion. What I had drawn was an underwater scene. There was a large pillar in the foreground and a few more in the background, each becoming more and more faint to show distance. Somewhere in the middle was a trio of what I imagined to be an enormous whale thing that looked more like a shark but with weird whiskers that were actually the result of me covering up a mistake. The trio were not in the center though and it left the left half of the image looking empty, so, I added a submarine there and it was about as big as one of the shark things. I messed up its propellor and it ended up looking very goofy.

Overall, the image was decent at best if the observer somehow missed all the mistakes I had made in it, but that didn't matter much. What mattered to me was that finishing it did not make me feel good in any way and in fact, made my mood worse. That would have been acceptable if the image had taken like four hours to make but it had only take twenty minutes, meaning that I still had so much free time left AND I felt bad.

'Way to go, idiot, you made yourself sad,' I thought bitterly as I walked back upstairs to lie down on a couch. It sucked that I always felt nervous when I was doing nothing and had nothing to keep me occupied, and it was the kind of nervous that made you feel like your heart was sinking and you wanted to throw up. I lay on the couch, fidgeting till I could up with something to do other than immerse myself in my thoughts. I came up with nothing.

I got up from the couch, deciding that I'd spend my time fixing up the backyard. It was better than having thoughts.


The sun was high in the sky and I was tired. The backyard was a lot more clean now that I had removed most of the ugly looking stuff. The grass still needed to be cut and there was one really thorny bush in one of the corners that I couldn't remove but otherwise, it was pretty much done. My hooves were scratched up and dirty, and I was feeling disgusting with all the sweat on me making my fur damp. It was all worth it though since I no longer felt as bad as I had earlier.

I stepped back in my house, leaving the back door open so that the air inside could circulate. I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stepped in after the water was lukewarm and damn did it feel good. I had what was probably the most relaxing shower I ever had. I spent a lot longer than I needed to but at the end, I actually felt nice. After I dried myself off, I was back at the couch, this time feeling better.

There was a pleasant breeze in the room and it was at a nice warm temperature. That combined with my tiredness, compelled me to take a small nap, which I did.


I woke up with a start. I was thirsty, had no idea what the time was, and disoriented. The spot on my right arm where I had rested my head had the imprint of my glasses' leg on them, and my right cheek was damp with drool. I got up into a sitting position and looked around. The room was darker than what it had been before I took my 'small' nap, and the back door was still open.

I used my magic to close the back door and turn the lights on. The living room was as it was and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I looked down at the floor as I got off the couch and found that there was something out of the ordinary. There wa a large thing on the floor. It was a mish-mash of brown, black, white, green, pink, and blue, and it looked a bit fucked up to me. It took me a few seconds to figure out what it was and it seemed a lot less fucked up when I realised what it was.

It was a moth, a really large one. It was flipped over, trying to right itself. I reached down and picked it up in my hoof, noting its non-negligible weight. The moth tried flying away and when it could not, it started making a loud squeaking sound.

"Quiet, bug, I'm helping you," I said to it as I turned it to face me. It seemed to have understood that I was not eating it or anything and stopped squeaking loudly or trying to fly away. Now that it wasn't struggling, I could take a better look at it. The moth's most prominent feature was its size, like its body without its wings was definitely as big as a chihuahua, maybe even bigger. Other than that, its body was mainly white with some patches of brown, while its wings resembled a used paint palette with all the splatters of bright pink, blue, black, and green, and it kinda reminded me of those frogs that had very bright colours that signified that they were poisonous. Besides its colouring and size, it was also fluffy all over, like a weird flying sheep.

I set it down on the table, where it started messing with its feathery antennae with its tiny little front legs. I observed it as it did, noting how its all black eyes looked devoid of any intelligence or thought. It also looked like I could pet it. I put my right hoof in front of it and watched as it stopped messing around with its antennae, which it then brushed against my hoof. It started crawling up my arm in a spiral pattern and squeaking as well, just not as loudly as before. However, since it was so large and had even larger wings, it wasn't long before I had to stop it to keep its wings from hitting my face.

I pulled it off my right arm and held it against me like one would hold a puppy against their body. The moth didn't really seem to care about that and stayed still in my arms, or so I thought. I noticed a weird tugging on my fur, close to where I held the moth. I had to crane my neck over the bug to see what it was doing.

What I saw confused me. The moth was... chewing on my fur? That's what it looked like to me, at least. Don't these guys only eat liquid stuff with a straw thingie in their mouth? Whatever it was, I didn't stop it since it looked rather cute and didn't hurt me. It continued chewing on my fur as I moved my left hoof to pet the thing. I pulled the thing close into an actual hug, making sure not to do it too hard lest I crush it. The moth didn't care and continued chewing.

Soon enough,I pulled it off my arm and walked over to the backdoor with it. I set it down on the floor and opened the backdoor.

"Okay, that was cool, you can go back now," I said to it.

The unthinking bug stared ahead at my backyard for a good ten seconds before taking off and hitting my face and then crawling onto my right arm where it continued chewing on my fur. I pried it off and set it down outside on the grass. The bug finally understood what I was trying to tell it, and flew off into the forest.

I turned around and closed the backdoor behind me with my magic and returned to the couch to hopefully continue my nap.

Author's Note:

is their a lore reeson as to why she don't jus relax? is she stuoid?