• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 637 Views, 22 Comments

How much do you appreciate Twilight? - Starlight Fan



We take a dive into Twilight’s friends and family’s thoughts and find out just how much they appreciate the purple alicorn.

  • ...
1
 22
 637

Chapter 6: Starlight Glimmer

Author's Note:

I snuck in a bit of TwiStar when making this chapter because like I said, I’m diving a bit into headcanon territory. Surprisingly I had a lot to work with when I did this chapter. How do the side characters have such memorable moments with Twilight anyway?

If you’re wondering why I did Starlight first and not Spike, well I’m saving him for later.

Starlight appreciation for Twilight probably burned like a thousand suns. She wasn’t sure if she appreciated her more than her core friend group or not but she definitely felt a lot of appreciation for Twilight.

Even when she was in her villain days, Starlight always found Twilight a fascinating pony. Alicorns were a rare sight after all. She figured if she could convert Twilight to her vision of friendship, other ponies would follow, after all, if a princess could see her way, anypony could.

Of course, Twilight outsmarted and defeated her and turned Starlight’s followers against her. Starlight wanted nothing more than to seek revenge on Twilight.

In her eyes, Twilight had corrupted the very ponies she thought were her friends, she took them away from her so it was only natural to get payback.

She trained herself to make her magic stronger as Twilight was an alicorn after all, so she couldn’t underestimate Twilight’s power. She then went onto try and stop the Rainboom from happening, but something very weird happened.

Twilight reached her hoof out to her.

Despite everything Starlight had done, Twilight still wanted to give Starlight a second chance at a good life. For some reason, Starlight could tell Twilight was sincere about wanting to help her, so she took the offer.

The two had bonded ever since then, Twilight practically knew everything about Starlight, her hobbies, her fears, and her confidence issues. Starlight knew she could trust Twilight with that, she knew Twilight would be there for her if the time called for it.

Twilight also seemed to trust Starlight just as much, given how much faith she put into her to watch the Friendship school when she was out, and eventually doing it full time. She also seemed to trust Starlight enough to know that she would be a good guidance counselor.

Starlight trusted Twilight, and Twilight trusted her back, honestly she never felt such a special connection to a pony since she met Sunburst.

Trixie and Sunburst may have also been her best friends but she always felt she and Twilight had some special bond she could not explain.

That’s probably the reason why she gained feelings for the Alicorn Princess. She wasn’t sure how it happened but she gained feelings for Twilight after she graduated from being a Friendship student. Their bond likely meant that much to Starlight.

Of course, Starlight kept her mouth shut about it to Twilight as she always found it to be some silly crush and figured that she would stand no chance at dating a princess especially since she was a former criminal. She told Sunburst though, as she figured somepony deserved to know, and Sunburst was the one she trusted most with this information and she was right to do so. Sunburst never breathed a word to Twilight about what Starlight told him. Though Starlight always wondered if she and Twilight could ever be more than just friends.

Honestly though, sometimes Starlight worried about Twilight. When she heard that villains trying to take over Equestria was quite common, she grew concerned about that fact. It wasn’t until she experienced having to save her friends from Chrysalis, and Chrysalis swearing revenge on her that the concern began to grow.

Starlight wasn’t afraid of what Chrysalis would do to her, she’d willingly take the bullet for her friends if she had to, but more of what she would do to Twilight, after all Twilight had stopped her before and Chrysalis could easily use her to get to Starlight, just the thought of Twilight potentially dying due to a potential takeover made her heart sink.

The Storm King and Cozy Glow’s attempts to rule Equestria didn’t help to ease her worries. Especially since both times, she was helpless, imprisoned, and couldn’t do anything to help Twilight, she was in danger and Starlight wasn’t there to lend a helping hoof like she had done for her.

Starlight knew she couldn’t be merciful if another villain were to come back, even if it potentially meant killing them.

Yes, she’d kill a villain just to protect Twilight, it might be morally wrong but it was practically a last resort, if she had to, she would.

That’s why when Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis attacked Equestria together, Starlight gave it her all against Chrysalis, she couldn’t show any mercy, Chrysalis would never change and she was ruthless, she had to stop her no matter the cost so she wouldn’t hurt anypony, even if it meant Chrysalis wouldn’t get out of that avalanche.

So really, Starlight appreciated Twilight in a lot of ways, her helpful attitude, her understanding nature, her trusting nature, and being trustworthy herself. Starlight knew she’d always love and appreciate Twilight, in more ways than one.