• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 756 Views, 17 Comments

An Assassins Change - ChillaxBrony



MetalHoof is an assassin, wanting to leave his life behind but can't seem to shake things off

  • ...
2
 17
 756

Chapter 5

An Assassins Change Chap 5

A/N: Hey guys, Thanks for viewing and liking the story so far! I greatly appreciate it! Sorry for the late chapter compared to the others, I’ve been busy for a while. But here is chapter 5. Oh yeah and the 4th wall thing, just don’t bother with it, I was bored...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MetalHoof woke up from his sleep. Only amazing dreams were dreamt and now, he was hungry and his neck was aching.

MetalHoof trotted around Ponyville, searching for something appetizing, something out of the ordinary... He came up to a small stand which had a great deal of assorted foods like celery, carrots, apples (of course), and what looked like banana bread. “Hello” the stand worker greeted, her eyes seemed to kind of trail over MetalHoof. “Names Parasol, what can I get ya?”

Metalhoof caught her eyes trailing him, he shrugged it off and replied “Just an apple or two.”

“Alright darlin’, here you go.” She replied putting the apples up on the stand. “That’ll be four bits dear.” Metalhoof placed down the payment and trotted away too a nearby bench.

MetalHoof sat down and took a bite of an apple. Surely not a delicacy but it was good enough. He began thinking to himself about what he would do now that he was a refuge of crime. He knew he wanted to teach, to tell the young minds of the world what lies beneath skin and fur. Sure it was a gross and disgusting thing but for whatever reason, it drew everypony to see it.

As he walked around the small world of Ponyville he noticed a school house, it looked it was for the young ones. Metalhoof stopped, put his hoof up too his chin and pondered if there was a school for the older ponies. If so what if there wasn’t a class for it, he would probably just get weird looks and slackers for students. ‘Nah, I’ll be right in the center of a cool class. Who doesn’t want to dissect things?’ He lowered his hoof and proceeded on with his day. Not truly caring of what was happening around him.

After a what felt like a few minutes, which was actually almost an hour, MetalHoof had reached across town and ended up by the start of the trail to Fluttershy’s cottage. ‘Might as well pay a visit.’ He thought and started his short lived trek too Fluttershy’s home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shining Armour sat in his home, threw his helmet across the house and heard a loud *thunk* when the helm had made its landing. He wasn’t mad or angry, just disappointed in himself. ‘How can I be so stupid... How can the captain of the guard not find one pony.’ He slumped back in his chair and closed his eyes. “Not. One. Pony.” His voice penetrated the room silently. Cadance was with Celestia and Luna, conducting princess stuff. Probably trying too find Luna a stallion or likewise too Celestia. In either case he didn’t care, he only concentrated on his failure so far and that was all he needed too process in his mind.

*Knock*

“What?!” he yelled at the door.

“Shining. It’s me Twilight.” A lavender unicorn opened the door and peered in.

He slumped back down. “He Twili. What’s up?” He really didn’t want any company.

“Well I heard you were having a bad day so I came over, teleported more like, but nonetheless I am here and what has my BBBFF in a bad mood?” Twilight explained and sat in a chair across from Shining Armour.

Shining rose and leaned forward. “I can’t catch an assassin. And so far for the past few days, I’ve failed.” He paused and breathed deeply. “I’m so disappointed in myself.”

“Oh. I’m sorry too hear that Armour. Has he struck in the last few days?”

“Afraid not. But we know that he didn’t kill for fun. He must’ve been looking for a way out of something or nonetheless he was an assassin, you know. Gets paid big bits for taking a life” He sighed.

“Well lets please change the subject. What else has been going on here in Canterlot?” Twilight changed the subject.

“Umm... The three princesses are out and about looking for a stallion too meet Lunas high standards.” Shining added a little sarcasm to “high standards”.

“Ooh. I wonder how that’ll go.” She responded.


“Hopefully its not some scumbag steve.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MetalHoof had tread across the path too the lovely Fluttershy’s home. He reached the front door and knocked.

Fluttershy opened the door slowly. “Oh hello MetalHoof.” She whispered.

“Hey Fluttershy. I was just dropping by. I accidently went into my own little world when going across town and in the end, I wound up at the start of the road too your home here.” MetalHoof responded, at first rubbing the back of his neck then settling down.

“Oh that’s quite alright.” Fluttershy was still behind the door, only looking through a crack.

“So... umm... Hows your day been?”

Fluttershy cracked the door open a bit more. “Oh thank you for asking. Well um.. my bunny Angel has been upset lately, he didn’t like the way I prepared his meal.”

Metalhoof stifled a laugh. “So your bunny, knows his culinaries?”

“You have no idea.” Fluttershy smiled. She opened the door widely. “Do you want too come inside?”

“I’d rather not. I’m looking for a place to actually live, and not in someponies spare.” Metalhoof shrugged.

“Oh that’s quite alright. I understand what you mean.” Fluttershy said, her face no longer blocked by her mane.

He smiled. “I’m sure you do, but is there someplace other than the schoolhouse. Like a high school or something.” MetalHoof asked.

“Oh sorry, I’m afraid there isn’t. Around here it’s just us farmers, and hard workers. So once you get out of school you umm... Go right to work.” She responded.

“Ah. I see.” Metalhoof paused. “Whelp, I guess I need too be off. I’m sure you’re busy.”

“Oh no not at all. I’m actually quite free at the moment.” Fluttershy inquired.

“You sure? I don’t want too waste your time. I’m not too fun of a pony anyways.” He chuckled, he hasn’t had a real “interesting” chat with anypony for a long time.

A/N: Sorry for the really, REALLY late chapter, like i said in the description, I have no clue where i’m gonna go with this one. But I will eventually come too a conclusion with the story. Just not sure when.