• Published 4th May 2022
  • 354 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria Girls Final Fantasy Adventures - GuardianDemonsWriter



After an encounter with a mysterious painting, Flash Sentry encounters a new world.

  • ...
3
 4
 354

Chapter VI: Flashback I: Spring Breakdown

To say that Flash expected his Spring Vacation to be interesting was an understatement. Sure, the cruise ship was nice, he got to see the Rainbooms play, the food was exquisite, there was even a magic show. In Flash’s opinion, it was better than Trixie’s but he’d never tell her that.

So when the ship got caught in a storm, and Sunset, Rainbow, and this world’s Twilight went to a nearby island to investigate some sort of magic thing, he knew that this was about to get a lot more interesting. He was currently in one of the life boats along with Micro and Sandalwood. They were going to the island that Sunset and the others went to because there was a way to get back to the mainland on it.

And it involved going to Sunset’s world.

Flash was a bit excited to see Equestria for the first time, but also a bit nervous since he will become a pony. Micro and Sandalwood were also interested, but that is mainly because they kept bothering him about the other Twilight.

Who he hadn’t seen personally since the Battle of the Bands.

Who he might have almost kissed if it wasn’t for a certain performer interrupting them.

When they got to the island, they saw Sunset waiting for them.

“Okay everybody, this island has some dangerous plants, so stick near me while I bring you to the portal. We will go in a few groups at a time so the rest of you stay on the beach,” Sunset told everyone.

The first of these groups consisted of the remaining Rainbooms, Flash, Sandalwood, Micro, Lyra, Derpy, and Bulk Biceps. They all followed Sunset into the jungle on the island and too a quicksand pool. “Uh, I don’t mean to be a bore, but that’s quicksand,” Mirco commented.

“Yeah, that’s the portal to equestria. It’s not the most epic or convenient like back at school, but it’s what we have,” said Sunset. “Okay, everyone go in one at a time please,”. Everyone started to go into the pool/portal, with Sunset using her magic to give them an extra push. First, the Rainbooms went in, then Bulk Biceps went in, and finally Flash, Micro, and Sandalwood went in (Lyra and Derpy went in after them).

Flash felt that he was going through a long bright-yellow tunnel. Then there was darkness. He then heard Twilight’s voice. “Hold on, the portal led us to a cave,” she said as she lit up her horn. She led the group outside the cave. Soon, Sunset exited the cave as well.

“Now, I know it might take some time to get used to your new bodies,” she started to explain, but the majority of the group wasn’t listening.

“I’m a pony now!!” Lyra squealed as she ran around. “And I can use magic!” she said as her horn glowed yellow-ish.

“Wait, hold on--” Sunset started to say before Lyra shot a bolt of magic from her horn, just barely missing Sunset. “Sigh. Please refrain from using magic please? We don’t want to call attention to ourselves here. Especially since many of you have counterparts in Ponyville,”.

Meanwhile, Flash and his friends were checking out their new bodies. Flash was a Pegasus, Sandalwood was an Earth Pony (who’s cutie mark was a recycling symbol), and Micro(who’s cutie mark was a nucleus) was a Unicorn. “Dudes, check it out!” said Sandalwood. “We are all ponies!”.

“Yeah, and I guess I can technically use magic?” said Micro, “Though like Sunset said, I probably shouldn’t test it out right here,”.

Flash was also checking out his new Pegasus body. He saw Derpy and Bulk attempting to fly, and even though Bulk had tiny wings, he was actually able to fly. Flash looked at his newfound wings (and ignored the fact that he, and everyone else were basically naked) and attempted to flap them. After hovering in the air for a few seconds, he fell flat on his stomach. Sandalwood helped him up.

“Alright everypo-er I mean everyone, follow me!” said Sunset as she led the group through the woods and into Ponyville. They got through the town with almost no incident except for Lyra attempting to escape, but she was held back by Sunset.


It was a good thing that Pinkie was behaving.

They eventually arrived at a giant crystal structure that was just outside of town.

“Here we are, Twilight’s castle. Er-this world’s Twilight,” said Sunset. “I am just going to drop you off here and go back to collect the next group,”.

After initially surprising Twilight with the group, Sunset left to gather the next group while the current group was sitting in the castle.

“Um, hello everypony,” said Twilight. “I know you are all probably confused right now, but I assure you, you are all fine. And yes Rarity, you are technically naked right now, but don’t worry, that is pretty natural here, but if you would like, I actually have some spare clothes,”. Rarity soon calmed down, but was still hyperventilating a bit. “Er, anyway, while you wait, a friend of mine is available to help those of you who turned into unicorns. You might be here for a little bit, so it would be good of you to control your magic,”. She was looking right at Lyra as she was saying this.

As the group split up. Micro went with the unicorns (Rarity and Lyra as Sunset and Sci-Twi went back to the cave to help the next group) in order to learn how to control his magic. Everyone else went off to do their own thing.

“So when are you going to talk to her?” Sandalwood asked Flash.

“Well, I’m still thinking about it,” Flash mumbled.

“Ah, I see. Even though Sunset told you to get over her, you still have something for this world’s Twilight?” Sandalwood asked.

“Yes, but don’t tell Sunset that. I don’t want to go through that again,”. Flash responded.

“I thought things were cool between you and her now,” said Sandalwood. “Didn’t you two start over as friends or something?”.

“Well, technically. When I asked, she had to go and fight that Poison Ivy wannabe,”

That got a laugh from the human Pinkie who was sitting not too far from them.

“Ha! Harsh! But it's so very true!” she said.

“So, again. Are you going to talk to her?” Sandalwood asked Flash.

“Well,” began Flash as he looked her way. It seems that Twilight was helping Fluttershy fly, while Bulk and Derpy looked on. Like him, Fluttershy was flying very awkwardly, but she did manage it.

“Looks like she’s busy!” said Flash as he began to trot away, but he was stopped. Micro was holding him in place, a black magic aura surrounding his horn and Flash himself.

“Woah dude, your aura is black?” Sandalwood asked.

“Yeah, apparently, a unicorn’s magic aura is similar to their eye color,” said Micro. “And since I have black eyes, well…”

“Um, Micro, could you put me down please?” Flash asked.

“Certainly,” said Micro as he walked over to where Twilight was. He set Flash down so that he was closer to her. “I’ve put you down,”.

“Thanks, Micro,” Flash mumbled dryly. He got up to walk away, only to run smack into Twilight.

Again.
“Ow,” he groaned.

“Oh, um..Flash! Sorry about that, I didn’t know you were there!” Twilight said awkwardly. Flash had to admit, she was cute as a pony, especially since this was her true form.

“It’s alright,” said Flash. He looked toward his friends. Micro was forming a magical thumbs up by conjuring a magical hand. Sandalwood looked like he could make a thumbs up if he wanted to. “Yeah it’s alright,”.

“Oh, that’s good,” said Twilight. “So, uh, have you come to learn how to fly?” she asked.

“Er, yeah!” said Flash, regaining his composure.

Now he could feel that a certain farmer was giving him a weird look.

“Yep that’s totally why I’m here in front of you right now,” said Flash. He glanced at the farmer who was rolling her eyes.

“Well, then flying is really simple once you get used to it. I know I had to when I got my wings, but since you have little experience, I can help you,” She said.

Flash spent the next few minutes learning how to fly with Twilight’s help. It took a bit to get used too, but he was able to learn quickly. According to Twilight, that was his body getting used to his new form. “So, uh…how’s school?” she asked.

“I’m doing pretty well,” said Flash. “Why?”

“Oh, um…no reason,” said Twilight. “I just wanted to know how you’ve been since the Battle of the Bands and all,”. ‘Since that was the last time I saw you,’ she thought to herself.

“I’ve been good. I participated in the friendship games but I lost the baking challenge,”.

“Yeah, that was because he and Bon-Bon were trying to bake a cake, but they somehow made a loaf of bread,” said Derpy as she flew by.

Twilight giggled. “How did you bake a loaf of bread instead of a cake?” she asked.

“Because he was distracted by the human you,” Derpy said again.

Flash facepalmed in embarrassment (which was easy to do in the air, since his hooves where off the ground).

“Really now?” said Twilight. “Did you, uh, make friends with my human self?”

Flash wasn’t sure if Twilight meant just friends or more than that.

“I’m friends with her, yes,” Flash said. “I mean, we are both in the science club together and she is really smart in that department,”.

“I bet she is if she is me,” said Twilight with a dejected look on her face.

“Oh, but she got together with some guy named Timber Spice or something,” said Derpy again as she flew by. “They met at Camp Everfree. It was also the place where Sunset told Flash to get over--,”. Bulk covered her mouth with his hoof just in time.

“What? What did Sunset tell you, Flash? Did…did she tell you to get over me?” she asked.

Before Flash could respond, the doors to the room opened up and Sunset stepped through. “Sorry that it took so long Twilight. The Diamond Dudes turned into Diamond Dogs, and I had to keep them from digging for gems,”. She then noticed that Twilight was talking to Flash. “Am I interrupting something?” she asked.

“Oh, no! Um, of course not Sunset!” said Twilight. “Sorry about that Flash, I have to go speak with Sunset now,”. She flew down to where Sunset was to talk to her while Flash was left by himself.

“Wow, tough luck dude,” said Bulk.

“Yeah, sorry I almost ruined things again,” said Derpy.

“It’s okay Derpy, you didn’t mean it,” said Flash.

“Yeah, but I shouldn’t have spoken up like that. What if I made things worse?” she asked.

“Derpy, it’s okay,” said Flash. “I got to talk to her a little bit. It’s a good thing she didn’t find out what Sunset told me,”.

Well, Flash was wrong. After the rest of the cruise goers were all at the castle, Sunset and Twilight directed them to the portal. Flash tried to talk to Twilight again, but she was too busy making sure that the portal stayed powered. He took one last look at her as he went through the portal.


When the last human-turned-pony left through the portal, all that was left was Twilight and Sunset. “Hey Sunset?” asked Twilight.

“Yeah Twilight?” Sunset answered.

“Did Flash go in with the others? I hadn’t seen him since we talked earlier,”.

“Yeah, he went in,” said Sunset. “Why? What were you talking about?”

“Oh nothing,” said Twilight. “We were just catching up,”.

“Okay, Twilight. See you later then,” said Sunset as she entered the portal.

“Yeah,” said Twilight as she glanced at a Pegasus-modified shirt in a corner. A familiar looking shield and lighting bolt could be seen on them. “See you later,”.

Author's Note:

This chapter is a flashback in case you hadn't noticed. So it does not take place after the previous chapter.