• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,137 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
6
 413
 1,137

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 32: Oh No She Didn't

In the skies above Zephyr Heights around midday, Sparkler, Light, Dark, Zipp, and Pipp soared together, flying above the city to Zephyr General. Light glanced down at the city and stared in awe of it. “Wow. This is Zephyr Heights?” He asked.

“Yep.” Pipp responded.

“City of the Pegasi.” Zipp said.

“Cool!” Dark said.

Sparkler smiled as they flew in formation. True to her word, and with Zipp and Pipp agreeing to be the guides and the assurance that she got an appointment, the three mares brought Light and Dark to Zephyr Heights. Sparkler smiled as she looked around. The last time she was here she was focused on getting her daughters back from an insane queen, but now she could actually take time to admire the city for it’s beauty. “Gotta admit. The Pegasi know how to build.” She said.

“Why thank you.” Zipp said.

Pipp took the lead and led the five of them to Zephyr General. They landed and she smiled. “And here we are. Zephyr General.” She said. “Dr Aviate is the most knowledgeable about all winged creatures. If anypony knows about batpony anatomy, it’s her.” She explained.

“She’ll be able to see Light and Dark?” Sparkler asked.

“I called ahead and she said she’d take a look.” Pipp responded smiling.

“Heh. Dr. Aviate is the go to doctor for the royal family.” Zipp explained.

“Handy.” Sparkler commented as the five of them entered the hospital…to see a pony that Sparkler, Pipp and Zipp immediately recognized walking right for them. Now, it was obvious she was walking for the door but Pipp and Zipp KNEW there’d be trouble when they saw their MOM walking towards them.

Sparkler meanwhile took one look at the queen and just shook her head, ushering Light and Dark to the side. Nope. Not dealing with that hag. She thought.

Queen Haven saw Zipp and Pipp and smiled. “Why hello Zipp. What brings you here to Zephyr General?” She asked Zipp, completely ignoring Pipp.

“Zipp and I brought a friend here because she needs Dr. Aviate’s professional medical help with her two foster kids.” Pipp said, sensing exactly what was coming.

Queen Haven completely ignored Pipp and focused on Zipp. “Zipp? Everything alright?” She asked. “Why are you here?”

“Pipp literally just said exactly why we’re here.” Zipp responded.

“I’m afraid I have no idea what you’re talking about Zippy.” Haven responded. “I didn’t hear anything.”

“Mom I literally JUST said the reason.” Pipp told her, waving her hoof in her face. “Ya know, your younger daughter.” She said with zero expectation that her mother would talk to her.

“No!” Haven growled and got all up in Pipp’s face. “No! After that horrendous post about your love affair you are NO LONGER my daughter!” She said. “No daughter of mine would ever court another mare! That is NOT how our family will continue!” She growled.

Pipp took a step back in shock at the sudden outburst while Zipp growled. “Hey! She stepped in front of Haven. “Leave her alone mom! So what if she likes mares? Or has two lovers? Love is Love!” She said. “Now if you’ll excuse us. We have a friend to help.” She said as she nudged Pipp to just let it go and walk away, which she did.

Haven watched them go, and her eyes finally caught sight of Sparkler. Her eyes narrowed on the Alicorn. “And what is SHE doing here!” She growled.

Zipp whirled her head around angrily at Haven. “She’s the friend who needs help, and she still has that restraining order against you so don’t—“

“I am the queen! Nopony gets a restraining order against me!” She growled as she charged right for Sparkler.

“And this is gonna be messy.” Zipp said before whipping out her phone to call for the authorities.

Haven meanwhile flared her wings and got up in Sparkler’s surprised face. “You! Get the hay out of here! Now!” She growled.

Light and Dark hid behind Sparkler. Sparkler meanwhile stared back at Haven. “I will not leave. I am not a citizen of Zephyr Heights so you have no authority over me. ESPECIALLY since YOU’RE the one breaking the restraining order that is still VERY much in effect. So if anypony should get out of here it’s YOU!” She growled.

“Mom! Leave her alone!” Pipp told her as she tried to nudge her way between them. “She has every right to be here for her kid’s medical care.” She said.

Haven growled at Pipp and literally smacked her away. “Do not talk to me like that!” She said. “You are a disgusting black stain on the face of the earth and you do not deserve that crown on your head!” She growled before she reached up and yanked Pipp’s tiara off her head, smashing it to the ground and breaking it.

Pipp gasped and stood there, slack jawed at what her mother had done. Zipp meanwhile saw it and was on the phone with authorities. She told them they should get there immediately.

Sparkler meanwhile growled and stepped in front of Pipp. “Hey! I don’t know who you think you are but you do NOT treat others like that. ESPECIALLY your own daughter! It’s not her fault she likes mares! It’s what makes her her!” She said. “What kind of mother are you?” She asked.

“Don’t talk to me about being a mother! You’re the one that abandoned your daughters in Zephyr Heights!” Haven shot back. “You’re lucky I was unable to banish you from Zephyr Heights!” She growled.

“Abandoned?” Light asked as he and Dark exchanged confused looks. “That doesn’t sound like mom?” He said.

“Yeah, she would never abandon any of us.” Dark said.

That was an apparent mistake because Haven turned, raised her hoof, and slapped Light across the face. “Do not talk you little brats!” She growled.

Sparkler, Pipp, and Zipp gasped. Haven slapped a minor!

Dark saw her hit Light and something inside him snapped. “Hey! Leave him alone!” He growled as he extended his claws and swung at the mare, scratching her in the leg.

Haven shrieked and looked at her scratched leg. Everypony stared in horror. Dark was growling, before it dawned on him what he just did. He looked at his claws and panted. “W-what just—“ He began before Haven roared.

“You’ll pay for that you little brat!” She growled and lunged at them.

Light and Dark dodged Haven and raced to Sparkler for protection. Sparkler meanwhile flared her wings and lit her horn, her shock turning into full momma bear mode. Haven didn’t seem to get the hint and lunged right for Sparkler. Sparkler just captured her in her magic and kept her away. “Is this SERIOUSLY how a queen acts?” She asked.

At that moment, authorities charged through the door and pointed their spears around. “Freeze! ZHPD!” One of them shouted.

Haven saw the police and smiled. “Good! Somepony sensible is here! Look at what this old hag is doing to your queen! Arrest her!” She growled.

“Belay that order!” Zipp countered. “This place has CCTV cameras. Check them and you will see exactly why I called you here.” She said.

One of the officers nodded and went to check the CCTV camera footage. Haven meanwhile gasped and stared at Zipp. “YOU called them?!” She asked.

“What the hay was I supposed to do? Let you verbally attack my sister and physically attack my friends?” Zipp asked. “No mom. Queen or not, what you just did was all kinds of wrong. And honestly? I’m starting to wonder if you need a psych eval. Because no SANE pony would do what you just did.” She told her.

After a few minutes, the officer came back and confirmed what had happened, as well as confirmed that Dark was acting in self defense. The officers asked Sparkler to release Haven, which she did, and the officers quickly restrained Haven themselves. The officers started taking statements from both witnesses and victims. Sparkler was asked if she wanted to press charges as Light’s foster parent, Sparkler again declined on the fact that they would be gone in four days. Not that she told them that but still. In the end the charges were assault, spewing hate speech, and violating a restraining order willingly.

After the officers were done talking to the lot of them. Sparkler turned to Light and Dark. “Are you two ok?” She asked as she leaned in to make sure Haven didn’t leave any marks on Light.

“We’re fine.” Light responded. His cheek stung a bit but he would manage.

Dark meanwhile looked at his hoof, and his eyes watered. “I…I don’t know what happened…” he said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t—“

“Dark.” Sparkler cut Dark off. “It’s ok. You were just defending your brother. I’m not mad.” She said as she brought Light and Dark in for a hug. “While I’ll urge you to try NOT to resort to violence. Self defense is perfectly ok.”

“O-ok.” Dark responded, still a little shaken.

Pipp meanwhile stared at her broken tiara, her mind reeling. She expected her mother to disapprove, but she never expected the reaction she just had. Zipp wrapped a wing around her and pulled her into a hug. “Hey, you ok?” She asked.

Pipp nodded, but her eyes were leaking tears as she hugged her sister. “It hurts.” She whispered.

“I know. Don’t worry sis. I still got your back.” She said.

Pipp smiled and nodded. If their horrible mother disowned her, at least her sister was still there for her.

After some more hugging and comforting, they FINALLY checked in and got in to see Dr. Aviate. She gave Light a good looking at to make sure he was alright after Haven, and when asked about the claws, she smiled. “Oh now don’t go worrying about that, it’s part of batpony biology. Usually develops around the age of 5.” She said.

Sparkler was relieved. At least it’s biological and not Red Heart Syndrome. She thought.

With their original goal complete, the five headed back to Maretime Bay. And on the way they all got to see Pipp’s Social Media blow up after somepony apparently posted Haven going insane. The vast majority was support for Pipp and her friends and MASSIVE backlash for Haven. Overall, a rough time but a good ending.

Now all that’s left is Copperbottom’s trial tomorrow and that should be the last insane pony encounter I have here. Sparkler thought as she flew alongside Light and Dark. She smiled at them. And four more days before they find a loving home.


That night, Pipp made it home to the lighthouse, which she moved into after her confession to Izzy and Sunny. “Girls! I’m home!” She called out.

Izzy came racing into the living room and tackled Pipp in a loving hug. “Peppy Pippy! We saw what your mother did. SHAMEFUL old hag!” She cried.

Sunny came up behind Izzy and nodded. “We’re really sorry that happened to you Pipp. We’re here if you need us.” She said.

Pipp nodded, pulled Sunny into the hug, and the three of them sat there, Sunny and Izzy doing their best to let Pipp know she was still loved.

“Thanks girls.” Pipp said after a second. “Knowing you still love me is enough.”

Izzy smiled and nodded. “Oh! I made something for you!” She said as she ran off. She came back a moment later holding a homemade tiara. “The video showed your old tiara being destroyed by that old hag of a mother. So I whipped up this one for you.” She explained and showed it to Pipp. “It’s got yours mine and Sunny’s Cutie marks on it and it’s gold colored. Sorry I didn’t have any real gold on me.” She said.

Pipp stared at the homemade tiara, And then at Izzy and Sunny, who were smiling at her. Her eyes started to water as a smile made its way onto her face. “It’s beautiful.” She said.

Sunny smiled and used her magic to place the tiara on Pipp’s head. “Even if your mother disowns you. You’ll always be our princess.” She said. “And judging by the reaction of the Pipp Crew, Your mother’s gonna be getting a LOT of backlash from this.”

Pipp smiled and brought her lovers in for another hug. “Thank you, both of you.” She said. If Haven wanted to disown her, so be it. She would just spend her time with her sister and her NEW family.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Haven I officially declare you, SECOND worst mother ever. Only topped by Copperbottom who actually went as far as to try and murder Light and Dark.

Least Pipp has Sunny and Izzy still. :)

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next