• Published 5th Nov 2021
  • 2,255 Views, 101 Comments

Survival of The Free World - BiasedAmerican



With the Cold War Escalating in 1980, it all started in Korea. Will the remaining Free World survive in this alien world they've landed upon?

  • ...
13
 101
 2,255

The Retreat

A few minutes earlier….



“LOAD HEAT!” The tank commander of the M60 tank yelled. The crew loaded a shell into the cannon while the Radio and Commander were firing their Coaxial and Heavy machine guns on the tank to fend off the changeling horde chasing the Convoy. The Commander got on the radio and ordered the infantry squad leader, “Lieutenant, I need your men to make an opening and cover the flanks for the Convoy as they pass through! Our tank can only do so much.” As the Lieutenant received the message, he signalled some of his men with his hands to clear some space for the incoming convoy.

Meanwhile in the convoy…

“They’re catching up!” Rarity yelled. “Can’t this thing go any faster!” Rainbow-Dash yelled. Rainbow Dash stretched her wings and it was signaling that she was going to fly. The Soldier on the M2 Browning noticed this and yelled, “Stay down! We might mistake you for them!” Rainbow Dash then realized what he was talking about and decided to stay down. The Gunner swept and turned the MG around and stopping occasionally to aim and shoot the Browning. He’d sometimes order the diplomats to stay down so he can shoot at the Changelings behind them.

The sound of the M2 Browning scared the ponies, and a shell casing fell on the ground in front of Twilight. “What is this thing….?” She picked it up, “HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT HOT HOOOOT!” she yelled after picking up the bullet casing. “IT BURNS!” She yelled. The Gunner stopped firing and looked down to see what the screaming was about. ‘Did she get shot? But how? They don’t have gunpowder yet.’ he thought. He looked down and noticed that the purple diplomat touched one of the bullet casings.

“We’re approaching the checkpoint!” The Driver of the humvee yelled. “They got here quickly.” The gunner stated. “They probably got dropped off by a Heli.” The driver replied on the radio. “How’d they get a tank if they were airlifted?” He asked. “Probably drove it here earlier.” The driver responded.

“Lieutenant! We have 3 Humvees moving towards our position.” The Soldier asked on the radio, looking at the incoming vehicles. “That’s the convoy. Protect their asses.” The Lieutenant responded.

As the first humvee entered their checkpoint, the soldiers defending it yelled to the convoy, “Courtesy of the 82nd Airborne!” The Soldiers began firing the Changelings chasing the convoy. “You boys lost or something?” Another soldier yelled at the convoy because they were expecting them to come a few minutes earlier.

(82nd Airborne troops at the Checkpoint as the Humvee passes.)

Twilight peaked out of the cover to see the checkpoint, "Is that an Iron Golem?" She said as she didn't know what the M60 tank was. "What do you mean by that, Twilight?" Rarity asked. She also looked out of cover to see what she was looking at. "WHAT IS THAT THING?!" Rarity yelled in shock. The Browning Gunner chuckles a bit as he remembers that they've never seen a tank before. The M60 tank fired its 105mm cannon, causing the Ponies to freak out and scream in horror as they never heard of such explosions this loud.


A crew of an M1 Abrams were hiding in a street to catch the Changelings off guard since no one thinks that the object is commanded by Humans, only the human soldiers knew about the tank. And with this, they used this to their advantage. "Commander, you think that these bugs know that we're in here?" The Loader asked. "I don't think so.... they probably think that the Abrams is a building. But nonetheless, they are very much wrong when they find out." The Commander retorted. The Gunner laughed, "Haha! Look at these fools! They don't realize that they are passing the very thing that'll end their life if they surrender!" he laughed as Changelings crossed the dark alleyway the Abrams hid in. "Get ready driver, we'll drive out into the middle of the street as they pass and we'll strike them from the back!" The Commander shouted. As the rest of the changelings passed, the driver immediately moved the Abrams forwards and turned it to the left, aiming the tank at them. The Changelings were horrified as all they could think of is that mechanical sound of the tracks and the sounds of the transmission and engine. And an Iron Golem is protecting Canterlot and they completely missed it. The Commander of the tank opened his hatch and manned the M2 Browning on the top of the tank. He muttered, "You bastards are going to know who you're messing with in about 2 seconds." He said as he loaded his M2. The Gunner's intercom lit up with a voice, "Light it up!" he yelled. The 105mm cannon and other MG's started to gun down the changelings who were too scared to move because of the shock of only seeing the tank.

(US Abrams defending a street from the Changelings)

The convoy arrived to an arranged opening being defended by airborne troops transported by Huey's. As the Mane 6 carrying Chrysalis while being escorted by US infantry, they got to the center of the opening. The Soldiers defending the area had been chasing the Changelings from the area because they're afraid of being shot. A soldier saw the convoy and ran to his captain, "Captain! They're here, the Convoy arrived with the Prisoner." The captain responded, "Good, now clear some space for them and hold fire." he ordered. A few seconds later, all gunshots went to silence as Chrysalis was being put in position. "Now you're going to call off the attack or you'll end up like your friend over there." He pointed his pistol at a charging Changeling. He fired a shot and the Changeling fell dead. He then looked back at Chrysalis, "So, you gonna start or what?" Chrysalis gulped and yelled. "EVERYONE STOP! STOP THE ATTACK! WE'RE NOT GOING TO WIN! WE'RE GOING TO DIE IF WE CONTINUE!" she yelled while crying. "RETURN HOME! WE HAVE NO HOPE OF SURVIVAL IF WE KEEP THIS UP!" she yelled.

Every changeling were all running back to where they came from. The Captain chuckled, "Good. Now take her back to the Princess, they'll decide what to do with her." A humvee carried the Mane 6 and Chrysalis back to the Ceremony to give Chrysalis to Celestia. "Princess Celestia, they called off the attack. I- I don't think they'll be coming back. They lost over 500 lives." Twilight told Celestia "How many did the Changelings did they lose?" Luna asked. "I was talking about the Changelings..." Twilight replied. "And.. the humans?" Celestia asked. "The Humans... they lost.. none, your majesty." Twilight responded. Luna and Celestia were in utter shock that the Humans didn't lose a single soldier during a massive battle. A Royal guard busted through the doors, "Your Majesty, our reports say that we lost no guards but only 57 injured. The creatures that helped us are now keeping them captive! They just took them off in metal carriages! Should we follow?" Celestia retorted, "No, I'm sure that they're going to nurse them back to health. Besides, they did help us, did they not?" The Guard responded, "Yes, your highness." He walked back out the doors to organize whatever defense they had to gather up any wounded or dead.

Celestia tried not to panic, and replied to Twilight. "These.... Humans... They've proven themselves more than formidable, I'm glad we didn't escalate the situation during the Gala, or otherwise.... Equestria wouldn't be..." Twilight was shocked that even Celestia was afraid of them. Twilight added, "We need to keep them on our good sides, we can't risk a war after what we've seen from their defense for us. They have these 'iron rods' that can destroy the ground itself! I saw their metal boxes they called an 'M60' or 'tank', it can emit an explosion from it's long nose... and that was only one of thousands that they have!" Celestia looked at Chrysalis, "So, you tried to attack Canerlot?" She nodded. "I'll let you off for NOW because we have bigger fish to fry. Luna, escort her to the medics. We'll release her because she's learnt her lesson and so has her supporters." Celestia moved her head telling Luna to get her moving while Celestia walked away to tend to the destruction the attack caused.

"Your Majesty! The Humans!" He yelled. Celestia looked up and saw the many helicopters fly upwards and head towards Fort Liberty.

Meanwhile at Fort Liberty...

Reagan was walking through a crowded area full of soldiers returning from the attack. He greeted everybody as they passed telling them, "Good work boys, we made sure that they won't be messing with us!" The troops yelled a massive 'oorah!' after his statement. Reagan got onto a overseeing pad and announced after he moved the microphone in front of him to fix its position. "Everyone, get your rest. You'll be needing it for whats to come. Our future is unknown, so we must prepare for the worst, Gentlemen."