• Published 10th Oct 2021
  • 702 Views, 14 Comments

The 2 human Fillies - Star Sparkle



Reliable and loyal, resourceful and cautious. Two different souls and personalities, but two similar destinies - cross paths, and then they get their chance, in a new world and in a new era for themselves, an era of magic and friendship.

  • ...
1
 14
 702

Chapter 2: Midnight Twinkle

Random lines appeared in my head and formed into various images, I was sitting on the bed, leaning on the nearest wall and holding my old album, but full of various sketches, sketches, and drawings, which I signed as a child. My imagination was really rich from the very childhood and thanks to this I was really good at drawing.

I sat with my eyes closed and imagined random images and lines, and finally, I was able to fold the whole image. I presented it and began to hurry to transfer it to paper, so as not to forget what I presented.

From my little strokes, different lines, sketches, and movements of my hand the silhouette of a girl began to take shape, about my age, but it seemed like a couple of years older. After I finished the silhouette, the idea of the girl's appearance immediately came to my mind and I began to develop the outline of the idea for the prom dress, and I decided to dress the drawn girl in it.

After some detailing, I ended up with a roughly 15-year-old girl in a prom dress. The dress was without straps, from the front of the dress it went down only to the knee, while from the back it touched the floor. The girl also wore sandals and a lot of jewelry, her entire outfit was painted in various colors of red, crimson, burgundy, and other similar colors.

I started working on the girl's hairstyle in my drawing, I had already come up with a style for this, but a sudden touch on my shoulder knocked me out of a rut. I was distracted and looked up to see who disturbed me.

I saw as ms. Care came up to me and seems to be trying to look into my album. I immediately hid it by turning the album upside down. ms. String looked at me and for a second our gazes met, but she immediately interrupted this look and asked: “Midnight Twinkle, do you want to go to the other girls and boys? I think it will be good for you to spend more time with others.”

In the blink of an eye, memories flashed before my eyes, how I tried to make friends with other children over and over again, but I heard how they refused to be friends with me.

“No thanks… I don't want to, really,” I replied in a half-whisper. I didn't want to hear hurtful words again, and I didn't want to be abandoned again.

The caretaker sighed heavily and seemed to want to say something, but could not and only said, “Okay, I will not force you, this is your choice. But don't forget, you can tell me everything and don't forget that lunch is about to begin."

“Okay, ms. Care, I won't forget,” I replied.

Ms. Care seemed satisfied with the answer and left the room. I flipped the sketchbook over again and wanted to continue painting until the idea was out of my head, but the sound of a telephone conversation outside the room door interrupted my thoughts again, it was ms. String trying to reassure someone, after which she said: "Don't worry, I'm on my way.

Ms. Care looked into my room again and said: "I have to leave urgently, but please think about my suggestion."

"Okay, I'll think about it," I replied, but really didn't even ponder the subject, my opinion was unchanged.

When ms Care went out the door again, she continued her phone conversation in which she mentioned some girl called Star and that ms. Care already had a place for her.

'But as far as I know, the orphanage didn't have any more single rooms, but there were also rooms with spaces available,' I pondered with a sad sigh.

But I had a bad feeling and it seemed to me that ms. Care when talking to some girl, had my room in particular.

'Looks like it's going to be another day I get dumped,' I thought sadly. But what if this is my chance to stop being lonely, what if I can find a friend here?" I wondered hopefully.

I had no time to think now, I still wanted to finish my sketch, I sat down a little more comfortably and continued working on the hairstyle for my drawing. I still couldn't draw it in such a way that it turned out beautifully and I redrawn it more than once, but suddenly I remembered that lunch was about to start and so I quickly put my scrapbook aside, hid it under the pillow and went to the exit from the room so as not to miss a meal.

I left the room and headed towards the dining room, but when I entered there I noticed that everyone had already dispersed and only my portion remained on the table. ‘I think I’m a little late,’ I thought.

While I was eating, I looked around and saw other guys who were actively communicating with each other. I wanted to get up, go up to them and try to start communication again, but I immediately remembered how these same boys and girls either immediately told me that they didn't want to be friends, or they still talked to me, but then they left ... they left me ...

So I finished quickly, got up and went back to my room. “How lucky I was that I got a room where I could pursue my hobbies and be distracted from the fact that I was left alone, without friends. But today I will have another chance to change it or be rejected again. I wonder who my future neighbor is? What are her hobbies? Maybe we will be able to make friends, maybe we have a common hobby? Or she will be the same person like my former classmate who photographed the pages from my personal diary and circulated these photos throughout the class. Or she will be in character like the guys from my former class who constantly teased me with phrases about how bad I draw, and also prevented me from doing it” I thought.

After lunch, returning to my room, I took out my album from under the pillow, but immediately changed my mind and put the album back. In the summer, after lunch, the guys usually went outside, and since sometimes I felt scared and uncomfortable being alone, I went to the exit of the building to go out into the fresh air and breathe it.
Since it was already warm outside, I did not need to change and go outside I felt the pleasant and warming rays of the sun on my face.

Boys and girls kept in large groups, and I constantly stood to the side, but not far from them, so that I could listen to what they were talking about, I didn’t want to be alone, and I overheard their stories, some were funny, some scary, but it was fascinating and sometimes helped me with my little hobby in creativity.

Swaying slightly on the swing, I thought about my future neighbor. ‘Does she have a pretty name? Does she like to draw as much as I do or, on the contrary, does not like to do it? What kind of music does she listen to and how did she end up in the orphanage? ”I wondered curiously.

There were many similar questions in my head, but all my thoughts were interrupted by the sudden appearance of a yellow-black object in front of my eyes, it was a bee. I instantly wanted to screech, but I came to my senses in time and barely managed to restrain myself. I immediately braked the swing and remembered that if you don't make the bee angry, it won't sting you, ms. Spring told me about this when the last time a bee stung my nose I slowly got up from the swing so as not to accidentally hit this bee.

I slowly got up, keeping in mind that you cannot make sudden movements in order to scare off the bee that was annoyingly flying around my face. Without making any sudden movements, I moved towards the entrance to the orphanage. Since the playground with the swing was not far from the entrance, I quickly got to the entrance to the house and a few meters to the door, I waved my hand to brush off the bee and immediately ran inside the orphanage.

“Phew, it’s gone,” I said quietly and wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead that had formed from excitement. I went to the side of the bathroom to wash, and when I went inside, I was again greeted by a mirror in which I loved to admire. I was again greeted by my eyes, of different colors. One eye was yellow, like a sunflower, and the other eye was silver, like one of the shades of stars in the night sky, and cute freckles on my face.

My hair was dark purple at the ends, and going to the top of my head became lighter purple, with one not small silver parting along the entire length of my long hair. And of course, there was my favorite star-shaped hair clip. The caretaker said that when I got to the orphanage, this hair clip was with me.

I was wearing a denim sundress in a color similar to the color of the ends of my hair, and the sundress itself was worn over a honey-colored T-shirt with a slightly darker collar.

I washed my face, dried my hands, and checked my hairstyle, after which I got out of the bath, glanced out the window, and noticed that the guys were already returning from their walks. I went to my room, as today it wasn’t my turn to help set the table.

As I walked to my room, I looked at my watch and noticed that it was time for dinner. Once in my room, I decided that I wanted to finish the drawing before it was dinner time.

I took out the album again, took off the high heels that I had worn all day, 'My legs are very tired, but beauty requires sacrifice,' I thought.

Then I looked at my previous sketches and continued to try to come up with a hairstyle that would fit the already drawn dress and jewelry, but every time I didn’t succeed, something was constantly missing or something didn’t fit, but every time I couldn’t understand what exactly did not fit the image.


Judging by the voices outside the door, I heard that it was about time for supper. I sat with my legs tied to myself on the bed and wondered, "When will the roommate arrive so that I can get to know her and maybe make friends."

Returning to my drawing, I came to the conclusion that I needed to completely redo the whole drawing and was about to cross out my sketches and tear out the sheet with the unsuccessful sketch when I was distracted by the sounds of approaching footsteps.

These were clearly the steps of several people, but the sound of the steps of an adult, who was clearly in heels, stood out. Since today Ms. String didn’t wear heels, and we had two caretakers, then I concluded that it was Ms. Care.

But the steps of the caretaker stopped near my room and instead of her steps, I heard quieter, lighter steps. Curiously, I looked up from the album and looked at the slightly open door, which I forgot to close when I entered the room.

Footsteps were approaching, now the sound was at the very door and suddenly died away for a second. After that, the next moment a girl entered the room and I saw her.

In the blink of an eye, the whole image that I wanted to draw came together in my imagination. I understood what was missing in my sketch, but now there was no time for that.

The girl waved her hand slightly and with a kind and shy smile on her face said: “Hi, I’m Star Sparkle.”