• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 327 Views, 4 Comments

I Can Hear Your Heart - Thunder--Dash



As N flies on the back of Reshiram, something tugs at him...from the inside...

  • ...
 4
 327

Facing The Past

"I was born to a...rich family. As I said, I'm not from here. I live in a region called the Unova Region, and this region is known to have mysterious creatures called pokemon." N explained, as he pulled out Reshiram's pokeball.

"This is a pokeball, it's used to catch pokemon. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. I lived with my two sisters. I was sort of the lonely type...that is...until my sisters showed me pokemon. I bonded with them quickly...and discovered something...I can hear the inner voices of pokemon...and perhaps other creatures, like they're speaking to me, telling me how they feel. My heart was pure and innocent, something that I cherished. Sadly, an evil man by the name of Ghetsis kidnapped my sisters and I, manipulating me by using my gift to supposedly create a new world where humans and pokemon are separated. Ghetsis exposed me to many lies to keep me under his power, along with Team Plasma, who stole people's pokemon and used them to further their cause. Ghetsis wanted me to be "King" of this new world after a "Great Liberation". Nonetheless, a strong and determined young trainer taught me the truth...that there is more to life than following deceit and lies, and not letting others define who you really are. To tell you the truth, I'm lost...but I have a feeling that I may have been sent here...for a...greater purpose..." N explained still looking at Luna. Celestia sighed.

"I can't imagine that pain this Ghetsis being you speak of put you through. But don't worry N, you have all of our support, and it seems you have already befriended two pegasi." Celestia observed.

"I met them as I was flying on the back of my companion...Reshiram..." N explained, pressing the button on Reshiram's pokeball. Reshiram emerged from the pokeball and let out it's cry. The royal guards in the castle all of a sudden went into battle position. Reshiram stood relaxed, not paying attention to the guards who were ready to attack it.

"Stand down." Celestia commanded. The royal guards returned to attention. Luna let out a puff of air from her snout, causing N to wince lightly, looking at Luna. Meanwhile, Celestia was in a deep thought. N withdrew Reshiram back into it's pokeball.

"N, I know you've had a rough past, but as I said, I want to do my part in helping you create a bright future. Flitter, Cloudchaser, why not show N the little town of Ponyville. Perhaps you can make some more friends there. There's even another Princess there. Flitter and Cloudchaser might've told you this." Celestia proposed.

"They did. They said there were four Princesses here." N replied.

"Indeed. Now I must prepare for a visit from the Saddle Arabian Ambassador. I wish you the very best N." Celestia said with a smile. Luna growled a little, but soft enough so Celestia wouldn't hear. N and the two pegasi made their way out of the castle.

As N and the two pegasi walked down to Ponyville, N started to say something.

"I don't know what's up with that Princess Luna. I could hear just some...unstableness...as if...something is bothering her..." N said to Flitter.

"I really couldn't notice it...Luna can sometimes be rough around the edges..." Flitter replied.

"Yea, she had a super rough past..." Cloudchaser added.

"Wait...really? I hope I won't sound intrusive if I asked Celestia if I could speak to Luna and have some alone time together..." N said looking down as visions of his past played in his mind.

"Awww, cheer up N. You can't let the past define who you are. Look where you're at now. It's a fresh start." Cloudchaser.

"I know...but it's hard to let go..." N replied, putting his right hand on his chest. Flitter rested a hoof on N's right shoulder. N turned to look at Flitter and smiled at her. He gently caressed the light purple pegasus in a warm hug. Suddenly, N heard a voice.

"Is his affection really true? How could he be so...gentle to me after all that he went through?"

"I think I...heard your inner voice...you seem a little uneasy..." N said to Flitter.

"H-how...? I...I know you said you could hear the inner voices of pokemon and creatures but...it's just so...mind boggling..." Flitter said looking into N's eyes.

As N, Cloudchaser and Flitter walked through the town of Ponyville, something caught N's hearing. It sounded like someone crying. N stopped in his tracks.

"What's the matter N?" Cloudchaser asked.

"I think I hear someone...in this case...some...pony crying..." N said trying to figure out where the crying was coming from. He looked to the left, then to the right. N eyed a certain bush, and walked towards it. He unraveled the bush to find a yellow pegasus, crying over what appeared to be a squirrel who seemed to have lost its life, but looking closer, N could feel something.

I'm..still...here...please...help me... The inner voice of the squirrel pleaded. N gasped. He looked at the crying yellow pegasus.

He's gone! It hurts so much... The yellow pegasus's inner voice cried. N could feel the strain and pain of the voice, which reminded him of the pain he went through. A flash of Ghetsis's face appeared in N's mind, causing him to shudder.

"Wh...what are you gonna do Mister N?" Flitter asked softly. N sighed. "I feel her pain...this creature here...I still sense life within it, but we have to hurry..." N replied. N gently picked up the frail squirrel and gently held it in his palm. In his other hand, he took out a pokeball, and summoned Reshiram. Reshiram let out a sound, causing the yellow pegasus to stop crying and look up. When the yellow pegasus saw N with her little squirrel turning to Reshiram, she thought he was feeding Reshiram the squirrel, and panicked.

"Noooo! Don't give it to that thing!!" The yellow pegasus cried out flying in front of N. N looked up at the yellow pegasus.

"Hey...it's okay. I would never ever do that to such a delicate and frail creature as this...whatever you call this. I sense there is still life. I know this...because the inner voice of the creature spoke to me..." N explained. The yellow pegasus gasped.

"You...you can...understand animals...like me?" The yellow pegasus asked calming down. N chuckled softly.

"You can say it like that...it's actually much more complex than you think...what is your name?" N asked.

"I'm...Fluttershy...who are you?" Fluttershy asked.

"You can just call me...N." N answered.

"It's nice to meet you mister N...wh...what is that giant thing anyway?" Fluttershy asked.

"That is a pokemon. This pokemon here is called Reshiram. I have had a connection with it ever since I caught it..." N said facing Reshiram.

"Reshiram, restore the life force of this creature." N commanded. Reshiram let out its cry and a soft blue aura surrounded it. The aura traveled to the squirrel in N's palm. The squirrel stirred a little and slowly got up. It clicked, flicking its tail.

"Oh...ohh...he's...he's alive...HE'S ALIVE!!!" Fluttershy cheered hugging N close, crying tears of joy. Flitter and Cloudchaser smiled wide at the unfolding scene.

"Thank you...Reshiram." N said with a warm smile as he withdrew Reshiram back into its pokeball.

"Thank you so much Mister N...I...I'd like to be your friend. It's the least I can do..." Fluttershy said.

"I don't have any friends...it's been...rough...it would be an honor for you to be my friend." N answered. Ghetsis's voice rang inside N's mind.

Who needs friends when you are King. All will bow to you! The evil voice of Ghetsis played in N's mind. N started to pant.

"Oh my goodness...is something wrong Mister N? Perhaps some tea at my place would help..." Fluttershy suggested.

"That sounds nice, but I heard there's a Princess here...would you like to come with us? Your little friend could come along too of course..." N answered.

"Oh! Princess Twilight? Yes, I'd certainly love to come." Fluttershy answered. The group then headed for Twilight's Castle.

Author's Note:

N's backstory in this fanfic combines the anime and game versions of N's actual backstory.

Comments ( 2 )

Is N the only human Pokemon character that appears in this story?

Login or register to comment