• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 240 Views, 0 Comments

Never a Wonderbolt Always an Element - JSAR1562



In Never a Wonderbolt (the prequal to this) Dash realizes she's a High Value Assets and actually has near princess level powers of legality. What could go wrong with an egotistical mare and governmental control?

  • ...
 0
 240

The Revelation

"FLUTTTERRRRRSSS!"

A deafening rumble rolled through the Equestrian countryside. Why in Tartarus anyone would scream about bovine mammary glands at 5 in the evening is beyond Princess Sparkle. She placed the ribbon between the pages and shuffled her half asleep legs to the window as the technicolored stripe of light cascaded into her study. Barely a moment later the ear splitting boom from the horizonal event hit her. If she been a standard unicorn (or had she had any high range remaining from the first one she witnessed) Twilight Sparkle may have feared for her hearing.

A sonic rainboom meant only a hoof full of things. Perhaps Equestia is under attack and the Elements are being summoned like the super hero, Batstalion, Spike reads in his picture books. Potentially AJ had truly outdone herself with her mare friend but it seemed a bit early in the evening for such a possibility. Maybe Rainbow was trying to entice a stallion into their shared hayloft. There is a chance Discord gifted Scootaloo with such speeds via sling shot simply to screw with Dash. Perchance it was another world class flier's day to get a cutie mark.

But, she thought with a hefty sigh, it's most likely that Rainbow Danger Dash is very very angry. And with that the alicorn's two hour leisure reading break just turned into a friendship lesson. . .

When Twilight had descended the stairway and arrived at the main seating lounge half the Elements had already assembled. Spike began pouring the room juice as customary at the war room of friendship.

"So I take it you saw that ra-" Twilight began before being thrown into the couch by a large blur of cerise energy. Every few microseconds it would pause and a balloon or streamer would materialize.

"-nboom as well. Hi Rarity." She finished and the blur came into focus.

"Sure did," piped AJ from the corner.

A soft knock came from the other side of the parlor and a pale canary colored maw poked it's way past the door.

"Does anyone know what she was doing today?"

"Well she lef' firs' thing this mornin' for the factory then she said she had to see Spitz."

They gave eachother nervous glances as the possibilities narrowed greatly. Before Fluttershy could finish raising her hoof to say a word of encouragement the foundation shook as something collided with the upper east wall of the castle.

"She's here. And now I have to reorganize room 173 . . . again," sighed the dragon.

"FlutershyI'msogladtoseeyouineededyouandyouwerentatyourhousesoicametoAJsandshewasntthereeitherandnowImatTwil-"

"STOP!" Shouted the blonde causing the rest of the air to leave Dash in a quick huff.

"Now please try that again, slower, and with ennunciation like a proper lady," chided the unicorn.

Pinkie flounced into the center of the arch of chairs and began, "She said she went to Fluttershy's but Fluttershy was already gone. Then she went to AJs but Jackie wasn't at The Acres. So now she came to Twilight's but as you see she has all her ponies here."

A collective tension release swept the room as understanding dawned on the gang.

"So Rainbow please sit down and tell us what has you all boomy n horse apples?" prompted the freckled farm filly.

"Well you know how I was going to join the Wonderbolts for like the last 10 years? And how Spitfire is like my best friend -- outside of you guys of course."

"Yes, yes RD but what's got your snake in a four square?"

The blue pony dropped to her hind legs bowed her head and took a deep shuttering breath as her forehead met her hooves. "I can't be a Wonderbolt. Ever."

A solemn calm overtook the party. Half a dozen silent conversations passed between the friends as to how best cheer up their fellow. Fluttershy strapped a wing over her oldest friend and began the typical shushing and cooing the demure mare is known for. Dash immediately dropped the theatrics.

"BUT I CAN BE A PRINCESS!! ... Well almost ..."

They all snapped their heads at the cyan cynic turned hopeful horse. A deafening silence overtook the area as the words warred with every conceivable notion Twilight had ever possessed of her pegasus friend.

"A -- princess?"

"Well Spitz told me that because I am part of your harmony hovel or whatever I am basically a ruler. My word is law. Even above Mayor Mare."

"Tw-twilight is she correct? Are we as Elements able to make laws?" Questioned Fluttershy uncertainly. "That sounds like so much responsibility, I don't want to impose."

Popping out of existence and rematerializing with a few tomes later the powerful purple princess prepared to promptly pronounce the precise predicament properly.

"She's right, the previous Element barers were given a reign similar to a Duke or Marquis. Basically you all are below Prince Blue Blood in the line of royal succession but are leaps and bounds above any city official. You girls are the lowest rank of federal, centralized, power in our diarchial system."

Again dozens of silent conversations passed between the court. When the shock had warn off the room Pinkie stood up on shakey hooves.

The pink party pony pronounced "let's throw a surprise-we-all-have-near-god-like-power-over-our-neighbors-and-scores-of-strangers Party!"

"Can I make apple pie day a national holiday and not just the third Tuesday after a blue moon in June?" inquired the earth pony.

"Animal cruelty can finally be punishable by dea- oh never mind, it's too much pressure."

"Think of all the good we could do for the classiness of the commoners," stated the seamstress.

"Equestia just got a 20% ruler!" said the multicolored marquis.

Once the cupcakes had been eaten and the window repaired her friends dispersed. The Princess of Friendship summoned a quill and some parchment from the study drawer and began to write:

"Dear Princess Celestia,

.........The cat's outta the bag. Spitfire told Rainbow about the H.V.A. and as feared she also mentioned the powers that come with such titles. Now all the Elements know. Tomorrow will be quite the event. Expect a full report by dinner tomorrow. I shall write Luna if anything happens before that. Enjoy your rest I doubt there will be much of it for the rest of the week.

..................Your Faithful student and friend
............................Princess Twilight Sparkle"

Author's Note:

This isn't my first fanfic just the first for this fandom. Critique welcomed. Idk if I will write more chapters (likely at least one maybe one for each of the 6 if my muse cooperates).

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment