• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,283 Views, 32 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Marejave - ArtieStroke



My own little side-story to KKat's masterpiece

  • ...
4
 32
 1,283

Introduction

Author's Note: So, you've decided to read my little fic here, eh? Thank you! Now, while the prologue may be very similar to the very beginning of New Vegas, I promise: This is NOT just a copypasta plot from the game. I just decided to start out with the familiar. By chapter one, you'll see that this is gonna have a lot of differences. Well, don't let me keep you waiting! Onward, fair readers!

Introduction

Let me tell you a little something about couriers.

When you need something delivered, back in the day they used pegasi for the most part. Makes sense, right? Flying's much faster than making a delivery by hoof. But, seeing as how those bastards closed up the clouds, there aren't many down here anymore.

Which is, obviously, why the Marejave Express employs griffins as couriers. Not only do you get the benefits of winged travel, but come on! Who wants to mess with something that looks like it eat's ponies for breakfast?!

Apparently, this ass didn't get the message.

No, strike that. I knew a few donkeys. Calling him that would be an insult to all of ass-kind.

So here I was; hog-tied on the ground, with some mook digging my own (and uncomfortably shallow) grave right in front of me. It was just a simple delivery, a piece-of-junk knick-knack. Why this feather-brained unicorn with a shitty taste in jackets wanted it so much beats me.

Literally. The fight before they took me down was pretty epic, with me valiantly fighting off at least two...dozen raiders. Yep, two dozen. No less. Too bad you didn't see it. Your loss.

The buffalo chick digging my grave tossed out her shovel.

"Alright, Chip. Let's get this over with! I wanna get paid!"

The earth pony merc to the left nodded in agreement, playing with his blade. The unicorn glared, "Hold your horses, there. Maybe you Hoove's kill ponies without lookin' them in the face," He said, checking the load on his revolver, "But I ain't a fink. You gotta show some respect, ya know?"

Respect? Right, shooting me point blank while I'm tied up on the ground is respect. I'll make sure to add that as an entry in my dictionary, around the time I get to putting your face next to the definition of 'Shithead'.

The unicorn click the barrel back into place, "Well kid, looks like you've made your last delivery," He sighed, "From where you're standing, it must seem like a fourty-two carat run of bad luck."

Great. I was about to be killed by the type of villain they used to put in hatchling's comics. Just shoot me and save the monologing for later, will ya?

He chuckled, holstering the weapon. Wait, what?

"Truth is? This game's been rigged from the start."

And that's when the shovel came crashing down over my head.

I can tell ya this, I did not expect my death to have some sort of twist ending like an Muhnite Shaman novel.

Footnote: New Trait- Wild Wasteland: You have been to the other side of the veil, and that changes a pon- er, griffin. Oddities of the Wastes are now more attracted to your afterlife-touched soul.

Fallout Equestria: Marejave