• Published 15th Aug 2021
  • 242 Views, 2 Comments

Road to Royalty - Cassandra



The three alicorns princesses run away to find there true identity.

  • ...
 2
 242

Chapter 4

"AAH," Candace screamed. THUD! She fell on the ground rather hard. She got up and dusted herself. She looked around. Luna was lying a few meters away from her trying to get up. Candace rushed to her side.

"Thanks," Luna said, with Cadance nodding her head in reply.

"Let's go find your sister," Cadance said, but it wasn't long before they heard a long cry.

"HELP!!!!" Celestia screamed. Cadence and Luna looked at each other and ran to find her. They stopped in front of a large beech tree. She was hanging precariously from a branch that didn't seem like it could hold her weight anymore. Just when Cadance and Luna came closer to her, the branch broke, and down came Celestia tumbling. All seemed lost, but a strange dark figure appeared out of nowhere and caught Celestia just before she fell to the ground. Luna rushed to her sister.

"Oh, my Celestia, are you alright?" she asked, holding onto her sister tight. Celestia smiled and hugged her younger sister back.

"I'm fine Luna. Cadence, don't start tearing up, I'm perfectly fine," Celestia reassured the girls. She then turned to the strange creature that saved her life.

"Thank you for saving me. I and my sister and cousin do not know how to repay you, but please, let down your coat so that we can see who you are." The creature hesitated, but then took off the black cloak. The girls gasped. What was this creature?

******

The creature looked like a mixture of things. The stranger looked like a lion, griffon, yak, bull, snake, pony, and whatever he was.
"May I introduce myself," the creature bowed politely. His voice sounded raspy and maybe also high pitched which caused Celestia to giggle a bit.

"My name is Discord, king of all havoc. Well, I haven't been creating havoc since there are no places to go and have some fun with them and just play around you know," he said, winking playfully. Cadance knew that there was something fishy going on, and it wasn't the fact the Discord had managed to create some fish floating around Celestia who was giggling like a young pony. She drew Luna aside and told her what she thought.

"I don't trust him. He seems so strange, and he also said that he was the king of havoc and disorder. I have no idea how Celestia became so caught up in his weird character. Just look at her! She's acting ridiculous," Cadance said, pointing a hoof in her direction. Luna followed the direction of her sister and seemed to be dreaming. There were 2 of her! But how were there 2 of her sisters?! Celestia noticed her sister's look and laughed. The image form of her turned back to Discord and the 2 cracked up laughing. Luna looked at Cadance.

"I guess you're right. This has never happened to Celestia before. Even if the cutest hottest stallion walked past her, she wouldn't even care and here she is laughing and making googly eyes with a completely random stranger!" They both looked at them again and they seemed deep in conversation. Cadence and Luna gave each other puzzled looks.

******

"Wasn't this a wonderful idea Discord? You get to come with us and help us find our way to Canterlot!" Celestia said excitedly. Discord walked past her and looked at her lovingly.

"Yes, it is a very wonderful idea Cel Cel," Discord replied. Cadence and Luna gagged. It was a horrible idea. They couldn't believe that Celestia had wanted Discord to come. Out of all people! Well, he did save her life but it still wasn't right for them to do that. They just meet! Discord turned around and made a face at them. Cadence fumed and Luna stamped her hoof.

"Celestia, can I have a word?" Luna questioned her sister. Celestia turned around impatient. She turned to Discord and said a few words and walked up to her sister.

"Yeah Luna, what is it?" Celestia asked impatiently. Luna gulped and looked at Cadance. Cadance nodded and Luna started.

"I don't think we can trust Discord. You and I both know what discord means and he doesn't seem very trustworthy. When we were walking a couple of minutes ago, he turned and made face at me and Cadance which annoyed us to a far extent! We should leave him to go; he might cause problems." Luna replied. Cadance came to Luna and Celestia and smiled at Luna. Celestia fumed. How dare they talk about her love in front of her like that! Celestia turned her back at them.

"I don't care about what you say. I love Discord and he loves me and you can't make us be apart." Celestia stuck her nose in the air and walked away proud. When she saw Discord, she ran up to him and they continued walking. This went on for Cadance and Luna for a couple of days, but then something changed everything.

*****

"Discord! Discord where are you!?" Celestia shouted. She ran up to her sister and Cadance, a worried look on her face.

"Have you seen Discord? He seemed to have disappeared after he told me he had some errands to run last night. He didn't return yet and I'm worried." Her face was etched with worry and tiredness. Cadence and Luna shook their heads. Celestia sighed and turned to leave. Sure enough, Discord was there with another pony! Celestia couldn't believe it. Discord saw her and immediately tried to leave quickly, but Celestia caught up and they started fighting.

*****

Luna paced up and down. Cadance sat on a log. Celestia and Discord have been fighting for hours already. Weren't they finish fighting yet? Just then Celestia ran to her sister and cousin and began to cry. Cadance stood up and immediately put her wing around Celestia reassuringly. Celestia spilled the whole story. Luna was fuming with anger. How can someone break her sister's heart like that?

"Celestia, I'm sorry to hear that that had happened," Luna said. Celestia looked up at her and they embraced. Cadance smiled and said," Let's go," which they all did with pleasure.